Britishness
examples of
Hello Mr Bob.
The "Mr"s are taking over!
THERE'S A FRESH ONE :droool:
Love thy Neighbour, Till Death do us Part. Plus a documentary explaining how we all laughed with Alf Garnett while claiming to laugh at him.
Oh! That "episode" of Cracker with Robert Carlyle. I've not watched it for years, so forgive me if it is, in fact, shit, but while I was indifferent about that programme generally, that (3-part?) episode was fantastic.
@SA, I've never, never seen Cracker. What was so, so British about THAT three-parter? I vaguely, vaguely recall the story you mean.
CUS wrote:
@SA, I've never, never seen Cracker. What was so, so British about THAT three-parter? I vaguely, vaguely recall the story you mean.

"L-I-V.. E-R-P... DOUBLE O-L, LIVERPOOL FC"

Some guy out to 'avenge' the deaths of those that died at Hillsborough, wasn't it? Absolutely excellent stuff, it were.
Yes, Robert Carlyle really stretched his repertoire with his performance as 'Man staring angrily at other men'.
CUS wrote:

I can't imagine anyone else coming up with it and doing it so well. The Americans? Pffft. He'd be a twenty year old blonde woman with tits threatening to knock out her glow in the dark teeth. The French? Don't make me laugh. The Italians? The Japanese? Pah! It was a look at a very english nutter and a very english bit of police drama.
Most of the suggestions seem to be of Englishness.
Nirejhenge wrote:
Most of the suggestions seem to be of Englishness.

I should probably have said 'british', given that both the main characters in that were scottish. BUT STILL.
One episode each of:
Nationwide
That's Life
The Adventure Game
The Adventure Game!

Good choice
\
Nik wrote:
One episode each of:
Nationwide
That's Life
The Adventure Game

And Bill Oddie beating the shit out of a womble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcApI6uiSY
markg Bill Owen shooting downhill in a bathtub.
Zardoz wrote:
markg Bill Owen shooting downhill in a bathtub.

Noddy Holder shitting on a glass coffee table.
Still gold that one for me.
Page 2 of 2 [ 67 posts ]