Be Excellent to Each Other in Manchester - Sat 27th Feb 2010
Yup....

I will get to meet Myp... and the others..

Will you stay awake, till 9pm or I am not coming :DD
myp wrote:
superdupergill wrote:
Excellent. My friend has a hotel in Warrington and says she'll put me up for free.

Won't your taxi fare from Manchester to Warrington cost about the same as a night in a hotel, though?

Not at all... it would cost far far more! It used to cost me £20 or so to get a taxi from Manchester city centre back to my parents house in the southernest suburb of Manchester... I shudder to think the cost of a Saturday night cab to Warrington 8)
Doesn't the Metrolink go out to Warrington? It's certainly well linked by train.

[edit] admittedly you might not want to get public transport after a night out in Manchester, last time I did that it was a bit scary.
It's alright, he wakes up again after 30 minutes or so. He just needs his power nap ;)
January would be better for me.
I hate you all*, so I'm not coming.

*not all of you.
kalmar wrote:
Doesn't the Metrolink go out to Warrington? It's certainly well linked by train.

No, although they have been faffing around with it for ages now and possibly one of the extensions to the routes might be going out that way... I haven't really paid attention. No chance of it being ready by February though even if it is, and it would stop running around 1am anyway like the existing lines I assume.
Ah well if it is expensive then I will probably just book a hotel in Manchester. Or wait and see if Heather buys a flat in Manchester then stay at her house. Either way I'll be there.
The last Liverpool<->Manchester trains (which Warrington is half way along the route of one off) set off just after 11pm, any night of the week including Friday and Saturday. If I come, I'll be getting such a thing. A day return from the former to the latter and back costs more than £14 at the moment.

I really honestly can't remember why I drive everywhere when the public transport is so ubiquitous.

Metrolink goes nowhere near Warrington (it doesn't even go everywhere in Manchester yet).
I've never been further north than Liverpool and I see no reason to start now, barring a visit to my Celtic cousins in Scotchland.
MrDavPaz wrote:

*not all of you.

It's ok, Chinny isn't coming - you nancy.
Grim... wrote:
It's alright, he wakes up again after 30 minutes or so. He just needs his power nap ;)

Is that a Mad Power Nap?
myp wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:

*not all of you.

That's irrelevant, DavPaz knows he isn't worthy of joining us, that's why he's staying away.
kalmar wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Is that a Mad Power Nap?

Is that stronger than a Power Mad Lesbian Nap?
Zardoz wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Is that a Mad Power Nap?

Is that stronger than a Power Mad Lesbian Nap?

Power Mad Lesbians don't need naps, they are fully fuelled by their hormones.
Does your stereo have an iPod dock?
Hold on, can't we all kip in Grim...s mates Mystery Machine if we park it up in the middle of Manchester?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I've never been further north than Liverpool and I see no reason to start now, barring a visit to my Celtic cousins in Scotchland.

Manchester is only a teeny tiny bit further north than Liverpool. Or you can come here and mind my stuff.
Hang on, I thought the Manchester Meet was going to be in Nottingham?
MrDavPaz wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Manchester is only a teeny tiny bit further north than Liverpool.
It's still "further north." Frankly, everytime I'm north of Nottingham, I don't like what I see.
TheAlbin0Kid wrote:
myp wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:

*not all of you.

That's irrelevant, DavPaz knows he isn't worthy of joining us, that's why he's staying away.

If I may be permitted to see the pictures afterwards to see what I could have with more effort, I would be most grateful

*sniff*

Spare some change?
Mr Chris wrote:

That was the London one and we've already done that.
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

I'm not travelling an extra 50 miles.
Zardoz wrote:
Hold on, can't we all kip in Grim...s mates Mystery Machine if we park it up in the middle of Manchester?

No - he'll have given it away by then.
superdupergill wrote:
Either way I'll be there.

This is a massive assumption that you won't be put off and/or murdered by visiting Grim...'s place for a nerdy weekend in October!
If I get murdered I'll be haunting the nerd wot did it, so I expect them to be going to Manchester.
Ooh, are you going to play GhostScum for realz?

Can you even play those games in real life?
kalmar wrote:
Can you even play those games in real life?
Yes. They were real life games first. Me and Grim... have a simple ruleset and play mechanic worked out for a suitable meet.
The 'rent an isolated cottage and hope no ones a serial killer' meet?
I'm booking a flight back, just for this.

And Rammstein, live at the MEN Arena. Obv.
Hmm. I was thinking of steaming over and getting the train home afterward, but forgot about the weirdly early last train.

Missed it after a Fear Factory gig once. 'Twas a long wait til the next train...
Mr Chris wrote:
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

I'm not travelling an extra 50 miles.

50 miles form London is Oxford...
throughsilver wrote:
Hmm. I was thinking of steaming over and getting the train home afterward, but forgot about the weirdly early last train.

There is crash space, if required.
Woo! Sounds good. It'll be like when Milhouse met Shelbyville Milhouse.
Don't forget, only three and half months to go!
myp wrote:
You realise Grim... and I are on an unofficial crusade to have as many meets as possible before this, right? We're up to four now I think.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
myp wrote:
You realise Grim... and I are on an unofficial crusade to have as many meets as possible before this, right? We're up to four now I think.

Yeah, I'm aware. It's fine as most of them are in London so it's unaffecting the number of northerners coming to this.

Also, three friends gathering for a drink is not a meet.
myp wrote:
Also, three friends gathering for a drink is not a meet.
No, we're on more if we count those. Six I think.
You mean you've had four or there are four planned?
I'd love to come to Manchester but.... actually, no, I'd hate to go to Manchester as in my mind it's full of people who walk like Liam Gallagher, with hair like Liam Gallagher, who go "aaaayyyyyyy" all the time but not in a Fonz way, and then they stab you or shoot you on a mossy side, whatever that is. While wearing red football jumpers.
myp wrote:

Yay. Looking forward to this.
myp wrote:
You mean you've had four or there are four planned?
There have been three, I think. A number of the Londoners went out for a pub quiz midweek one night (might count, there were half a dozen of them, I think). We've had Firefly day and the BBBC meet in October. BeeXmas is planned. Any others I've missed out?
MrDavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :S
Bah to Davpaz pressing submit at the same time as me.
MrDavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

You may not be if I actually come...

Which it's looking like I will be - it's unlikely any more of the house will fall down before then. Just need to think about accomodation and that.
myp wrote:
MrDavPaz wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :S

Nope.

Dimrill wrote:
Bah to Davpaz pressing submit at the same time as me.

sorry Dimmers. You may also have described Liverpool, apart from the accents and the name of the estate
Dimrill wrote:
I'd love to come to Manchester but.... actually, no, I'd hate to go to Manchester as in my mind it's full of people who walk like Liam Gallagher, with hair like Liam Gallagher, who go "aaaayyyyyyy" all the time but not in a Fonz way, and then they stab you or shoot you on a mossy side, whatever that is. While wearing red football jumpers.

I don't think Liam Gallagher would wear a red football jumper, but other than that spot on (he says never ever visiting Manchester before, actually that's a lie, I installed 2 internet kiosks at the airport in 1997, which was fun, and also my first use of a crimping tool)

Malc
myp wrote:

Shit. Best start making the ice cream.
Mr Chris wrote:
it's unlikely any more of the house will fall down before then.

Reavers will probably eat your leg, or something.

Mr Chris wrote:
Just need to think about accomodation and that.

It's not like we need to rush.
Page 8 of 66 [ 3284 posts ]