*~Pets Corner!~*
Pet and animal talk ^.^
Aw man, sorry to hear that mate.
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that.
Gah, that's poo.

I like having fish, you get less attached to fish.
Sorry to hear that dude, one of your ratties?
Yeah, he'd been ill but had got a bit better. I knew it was just a matter of time with him being so old, so I was prepared really. It's his brother that's going to suffer most, he's on his own now.
SpunkyMonkeyTrumpet wrote:
My little lad Cosmo died in the night :(

So gutted for you, chap. Having lost Amy last month, I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet.

At least he's not in pain anymore, though.
:(

With rats, can you introduce a new one to keep the other one company? Or are they too intelligent and territorial for that?
Male ones tend to fight unless they're brought up together. I'm just putting some little cuddly toys in his cage for him to snuggle up to.
Scorpions glow under UV light like mental things. Acefab.

Does anyone have any idea where one can obtain emperors in the UK?

I know my mate had one many moons ago but I've tried loads of pet shops with zero luck :(
Huge condoloncies Dimmers, I know how upset I'd be if one of my little girls died.
/Adds sympathies.

Losing a loved one is terrible.
Cosmodolances Dimmers...
:( poor little Ratty :'(
Sorry to hear it Dimrill x
Scorpions glow under UV light like mental things. Acefab.
Just phoning the vets to organise a cremation for Cosmo. Man this sucks.
Sorry to hear that dude. Taking George grumpy cat to the vets to be cremated turned me into a blubbing wreck for the rest of the day.
Really sorry to hear about this Dimmers. :(
Oh Dimrill, I'm so sorry to hear about your rattie :( Hugs n stuff
Spoiler tags to hide pictures for the arachnophobes amongst us:

Smithy, the baby of the two, has recently been fed with two large crickets and as a result I've temporarily renamed him J-Lo:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

Meanwhile, Rosie - the adult - is settling in rather nicely, although she refuses to use her flowerpot to hide in. She is also ridiculously aggressive still, I've only got to tap my pipette on the ground behind her and she leaps at it - the Chilean Rose is supposed to be a very, very docile species (they're affectionately known as "pet rocks" in the hobby) so I don't know whether there's something she's not quite sure about with regard to her new home. Here she is, with a (half buried) 1p coin for scale:

She also wanted to wish everyone on BETEO a happy Christmas:

My cat has no dignity.
That's a rock stance, man!
AWWWW! I WANT!!!
The Rev Owen wrote:
My cat has no dignity.

Is it a girl? mine does stuff like that all the time. Very un-ladylike lmao.
JohnCoffey wrote:
The Rev Owen wrote:
My cat has no dignity.

Is it a girl? mine does stuff like that all the time. Very un-ladylike lmao.

Yeah, she's a girl.
It was really difficult trying to get our sled dog, to come in from the snow this morning... the big fluffy numpty!!
That must be it then. Maybe all female cats are whores? :DD
I had one on my bed all night last night. Just for the record, I don't actually own a cat.
Er - so you had a whore on your bed all night?
GENUINE LOLS! :DD

Joans was right! You are a killer (see Joans for explanation)
ERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

I must be going mad, because the last time I looked, we only had two guinea pigs.
Woah, muineapig!
So Nibbler has something of a surprise under that cape after all :DD Baby has to be called Kif. I've started calling ours The Zoidbergs due to the singing when I'm rustling plastic bags in the kitchen.
Ange joked that Nibbler was pregnant yesterday, as she'd got so fat. It must be one of the guinea pigs from the pet shop that did it, as the gestation period is 60-72 days.

I'm gobsmacked.
Doesn't this mean they're all going to disappear?
Awww....

As it's a BeeX baby, of sorts, we need a naming poll.
Congratualtions! :D Grampa myp...
Here's hoping Kif's a girl so you can keep them together.
We've just inspected the proud mother - I don't think she's done yet. :S
You do realise that Helen's probably already scampering towards Nottingham to have a good ole cuddle of the little one.
Have you got boys or girls?
Arse, I was going to say if you had boys and we had any boys, you could have them.
Actually, just realised I haven't posted photies of them yet.
They're fantastic.
Page 8 of 39 [ 1923 posts ]