Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 (ELECTRIC BOOGALOO)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 18:17 
Skillmeister

I am a queen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 18:18 
Paws for thought

Mmm, it's an odd one. I always disliked the single player (although I liked the setting of the pripyat mission, although I'd have liked a chance to just wander round and look unmolested. see also: Why I want to like STALKER, but sadly, it's crap)

I hated the multiplayer for the first few rounds, but grew to like it, although I think the company had more to do with it, and the levelling up. However, the main things I remember are secondary to the game (and sometimes born out of frustration with the game) such as naming landmarks (Oh, Grannies burning slope, you'll always make me chuckle), hide and seek, Kangaroo defenses and swimming pool knifes fights. And most of all the grenade bug I encountered. I never should have prestiged, as that entirely ruined the game for me.

Not aided by the combination of utter twattishness of many of the randoms we'd play - in either speech or playstyle, Nickachu America induced latency issues, the sheer difference in skill/time played between players, and the lack of xp in private games (or mitigation of needing XP), and re-inforcing kill-spree mechanics. Bleh. T'was mainly BF1943 and Killzone 2 that persuaded me that more realistic shooters weren't all duff. (But still, give me an FPS that emphasises movement over hiding any day of the week)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 18:22 
Hibernating Druid

Go and dance on a chimeney you Brit Cockerney fagort

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 0:47 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRPbYz3kV0

Okay, that's awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 14:33 

Check out my top secret new camouflage;
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Imagine that with a ghillie suit :DD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 14:54 
UltraMod

You could use cats as silencers on Postal 2. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 0:42 
Sleepyhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 
Honey Boo Boo

Played a lot of this on the weekend, am finally level 70 so just the agonizing slog to fill that and I can prestige and start using different guns without feeling I'm wasting my efforts to max them out. I doubt I'll prestige more than twice.

Riles and I encountered some COMPLETE cunts: every single game that came up on Mosh Pit, regardless of the map or gametype, complained, swore and threatened people to vote or 'get a slap/smack' (can't remember which). When not enough people voted, they swore and cursed even more about how shit we all were and how we all needed a slap for making them play such a shit mode/map.

We ended up on their team for one game, and discovered they bitched constantly while playing, and when they didn't like the way it was going (ie: they were losing) they all decided to quit en masse, leave it as me and Riles vs six. Grrrr!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:45 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

That dropped game was annoying - although I'm friends only chat so didn't get the whinging.

However, they were more than compensated for by the train games. Me, Nik and Perkies plus randoms against a clan of 6 all trying to max out lightweight in mosh pit. Therefore whatever the game style, you could just camp and eventually the train would come sprinting past for easy kills. Plus, added train puns in abundance as a result (each player was a carriage and killing one decoupled them. Also, someone hit the train with a predator as it came up the hill towards me so there was a cancellation announcement due to points failure)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:49 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

MetalAngel wrote:
Played a lot of this on the weekend, am finally level 70 so just the agonizing slog to fill that and I can prestige and start using different guns without feeling I'm wasting my efforts to max them out. I doubt I'll prestige more than twice.

Or you could be a slacker like me and try to use the different guns when your level 70.

From what i can see -

Advantages for Prestige

It "makes you" use different guns
You get a few new banners and icons
You unlock a new section of challenges
You get a new custom slot

Advantages for sticking at level 70 (at least for a while)

If you want to try and play around with different guns you can do so while keeping all your powered up perks
You get the chance to max out the challenges you do have

The only thing i'm looking at for the prestige is that extra custom slot so i dont need to fiddle around with my standard ones as much - since i got to level 70 i've maxed out two additional guns (that i was 'close to') i'm about 20 kills off maxing the AK47 (which you need to do at level 70 since its not unlocked till then) and i've picked up a lot of the other challenges that i never got close to on my first run through.

MetalAngel wrote:
Riles and I encountered some COMPLETE cunts: every single game that came up on Mosh Pit, regardless of the map or gametype, complained, swore and threatened people to vote or 'get a slap/smack' (can't remember which). When not enough people voted, they swore and cursed even more about how shit we all were and how we all needed a slap for making them play such a shit mode/map.

It often amazes me when your sitting in the lobby the amount of bitching about what map we're going to play "oh no this one is s**t everyone vote to skip" - although underpass is probably my least favourite map I play it the same as i play any of the others - i think there are some people who like one because they have a good spot or good playstyle for that map and just want to stick with that - you do also seem to get stuck in a situation where some maps never come up (I cant remember the last time i played on rust when its not been a private match)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:52 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I used to hate Favela as a map. It was miles and away my worst. But by not avoiding it, I've learnt how to play it in a different way, so that (generally) I can do pretty well out of it. See also: Afghan.

By comparison, Invasion used to be my favourite map when I first got the game, and is now probably my worst for the same reason - by not being absolutely terrible I've not had to adapt and therefore not progressed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 
Honey Boo Boo

That 'train' thing won't make sense to anyone. We were baffled at first by the other team (except one player who wasn't in on it) going around the map in a big pack, following the same route.

At first we thought this was some daring experimental tactic intended to overwhelm anyone who dared attack them... you attack and kill one, and the other three players shoot you.

But no! It transpired they were grinding Lightweight or Marathon or something by just running around the perimeter of the map for the entire game, racking up the miles needed to unlock the pro version of the perk. This made for easy games... until we ended up on their team.

@Zaphod: Why not just choose the play mode you want, then, rather than going into Mosh Pit and getting stuff you hate?

I think my favourite maps are Invasion and Scrapyard, I hate all the favela maps but especially Rundown.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 
8-Bit Champion

MetalAngel wrote:
@Zaphod: Why not just choose the play mode you want, then, rather than going into Mosh Pit and getting stuff you hate?

Theres none on there i hate , at the start i found Underpass really annoying - the rain makes it hard to see enemies , there are a lot of camping spots and until you've found them you get constantly shot from a distance , and the high up bits mean that your care packages get stuck and it becomes hard to knock out the air support (until you find the areas where you can drop them safely) - however I play it and I've found stuff other than team deathmatch makes it a more enjoyable map.

In the same way for 'types' the one i do worst with is Search and Destroy , however that comes down to me being useless and getting killed off quickly - i've gotten better (partly through getting killed and watching how other people are doing stuff)

MetalAngel wrote:
I think my favourite maps are Invasion and Scrapyard, I hate all the favela maps but especially Rundown.

Rundown seems to be like there is 'too much' going on , there are lots of campy areas and unless you know which ones are being used moving around is a bad idea , although i think this is probably the map i either camp on , or find where the enemy is camped and go 'round' the back to get them.

If your enemy is one side of the water and they know what they are doing they can control the few ways in so you sometimes end up with a game where both sides are just lined up sniping at each other from certain points - or you have people rushing a defended sniper person across one of the bridges (carnage).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 
ugvm'er at heart...

MetalAngel wrote:

My two favourite maps are Favela and Scrapyard. Mainly becaus I am an FMJ whore :D They are perfect maps for pumping a few rounds into the corners of the buildings and racking up the kills.

I'm especially fond of Scrapyard in Hardcore HQ, there is one HQ location (by the fuel canisters in the corner) that just turns into a 10 minute firefight every time, oodles of fun!

The only map I really dislike is Underpass, too difficult to see anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 
Honey Boo Boo

zaphod79 wrote:
MetalAngel wrote:

Theres none on there i hate

It was directed more at the whinging fuckers than you ;)

Quote:
Rundown seems to be like there is 'too much' going on , there are lots of campy areas and unless you know which ones are being used moving around is a bad idea , although i think this is probably the map i either camp on , or find where the enemy is camped and go 'round' the back to get them.

Rundown is just camper heaven, capturing B in Domination is almost impossible as there's so many sniper spots overlooking it. And all the chokepoints going over the bridges too. And that big house on the hill near the back. I hate it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 
8-Bit Champion

MetalAngel wrote:
Rundown is just camper heaven, capturing B in Domination is almost impossible as there's so many sniper spots overlooking it.

And at different angles so you cant just use the riot shield and block out the enemies to one side - its one of those things where you need to get it quickly and keep it although if the enemy doesnt have thermal scopes you can just chuck a few smoke grenades in and stand with a shield to get it (i think all the times i've played it has been where theres a good group of us so we capture it first and keep it - i dont remember any struggles to get it)

MetalAngel wrote:
And all the chokepoints going over the bridges too. And that big house on the hill near the back. I hate it.

I guess it stands out as a map not to go running around on , its also one where theres almost too many ways into places so you dont get the chance to block out entrances with claymores - theres also quite a variation on heights so you have people shooting from below (the river area) above (lots of 1st floor rooms with sniping spots) and on the same level but in cover (the grass on one side of the river).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 
Honey Boo Boo

I just prefer not to play it, I never enjoy myself. Favela at least I can cope with, and I'm getting over my dislike of Quarry.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:42 
8-Bit Champion

Some news about DLC from Joystiq

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/04/rumor ... e-screens/

Quote:
With a pair of Modern Warfare 2 DLC packs set to deploy on the Xbox 360 and PS3 this year, talk around the DMZ has everybody wondering what new stomping grounds will get added. Well, according to The Tech Game, the first pack (due this spring) will be titled "Stimulus Package" and includes five new locales - three brand new and two returning from Call of Duty 4 (Crash and Overgrown).

The images and accompanying video (the latter posted past the break) look legitimate enough, though we've sent word to Activision for confirmation. We doubt we'll hear back, considering the company has a lot on its plate right now, but don't say we didn't try!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:43 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

zaphod79 wrote:
Some news about DLC from Joystiq

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/04/rumor ... e-screens/

Quote:
With a pair of Modern Warfare 2 DLC packs set to deploy on the Xbox 360 and PS3 this year, talk around the DMZ has everybody wondering what new stomping grounds will get added. Well, according to The Tech Game, the first pack (due this spring) will be titled "Stimulus Package" and includes five new locales - three brand new and two returning from Call of Duty 4 (Crash and Overgrown).

The images and accompanying video (the latter posted past the break) look legitimate enough, though we've sent word to Activision for confirmation. We doubt we'll hear back, considering the company has a lot on its plate right now, but don't say we didn't try!

Your mum's getting a stimulus package.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:44 
I really like rundown.

I don't really like wasteland or estate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 0:27 
8-Bit Champion

So for those who've played some of the other COD games , does the release of a map pack pretty much break the game ?

I only ask as over the last 2 weeks i've tried COD4 which worked fine for me and although the perks / bonus stuff is very confusing for someone who's came into this on COD6 it seems a fun game (my 2nd hand game came with an unusued map pack code so i didnt spot any problems)

Tonight I tried COD5 , and although it has the same controls , some very strange looking guns it looked very nice , until I found that i could only get into about 1 in every 4 games i tried - every other one dumped me into the 'buy this map' screen which meant i lost the lobby , the group of people i was playing with and started to get really annoyed with the game - is this normal ? , can i expect to be 'forced' into buying the COD6 map pack otherwise everything will just stop and i cant play more than 2 games in a row without having one of the 'new maps show up so i'll be dumped into a 'buy this map or else' screen ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 0:39 
Na it wont break it

It just wont put you on playlists that have the new maps on if you're with people that don't have it. I do presume most of us here will probably get it as that's what happened with CoD4. Just curios brother that didnt bother getting it which caused many jokes. But not really breaking the game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 0:39 
Na it wont break it

It just wont put you on playlists that have the new maps on if you're with people that don't have it. I do presume most of us here will probably get it as that's what happened with CoD4. Just curios brother that didnt bother getting it which caused many jokes. But not really breaking the game.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 0:42 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Na it wont break it

Thanks I would have thought thats how it would work but for COD5 it just kept trying to push me into the 'buy a map' screen and dropped me out of any games.

Oh and BTW you need to remember and disable your lag switch when posting :-) (double post)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 0:49 
It did lag out so I went back and posted again... I can't be arsed to fix it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

zaphod79 wrote:
nickachu wrote:
Na it wont break it

Thanks I would have thought thats how it would work but for COD5 it just kept trying to push me into the 'buy a map' screen and dropped me out of any games.

Oh and BTW you need to remember and disable your lag switch when posting :-) (double post)

Yeah, if it works the same as MW1, then basically, we won't let you in our party until you get the map pack, as it limits play to the person who has least. :p

Will be interested to see how much the DLC costs, don't fancy spending lots to get three new maps, plus two from MW1. I really don't see why they have chosen 'Crash' out of that lot. At least it aint crossfire though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 
Sleepyhead

I liked Crash. Granny's 3 Story Building, the Blue Oyster Club, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 
8-Bit Champion

BTW for anyone reading this who is looking for a price drop for the game its down to £25 at Play :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111&start=3750

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 15:00 
Paws for thought

Curiosity wrote:

It was the best map in the game, I think. Although it did lack Grannies burning slope.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 15:05 
Hibernating Druid

Mr Dave I propose we play through all the Spec Ops missions that I am missing.

What say you?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 15:12 
Curiosity wrote:

it has a nice mix of range and close quarters. It'll be nice to see how it pans out on MW2 tho, as it'll definately play differently.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 16:03 
Can you dig it?

Your mum's the Muffin Man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 16:26 
Hibernating Druid

Mr Dave you still not what saying you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 16:31 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:

Que?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 16:42 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Que?

Bertola

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 16:55 
Hibernating Druid

Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Que?

Turn the internet back a page.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:13 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Que?

I don't own the game. I'd get it for a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:15 
Hibernating Druid

Ahhhhhh...

I thought you did. Nevermind.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:15 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:
Ahhhhhh...

I thought you did. Nevermind.

I've played it. I don't own it though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:17 
8-Bit Champion

Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Zardoz wrote:

Que?

I don't own the game. I'd get it for a reasonable price.

Is £24.99 a reasonable price ?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111&start=3750

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 18:18 
Hibernating Druid

I'm currently thinking of chucking this in towards BC2. Game are taking it and £9.99 for a copy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 20:12 
8-Bit Champion

Zardoz wrote:
I'm currently thinking of chucking this in towards BC2. Game are taking it and £9.99 for a copy.

Before today i'd have suggested selling it first because you'd get more for that 2nd hand , however now that seems perfectly reasonable as MW2 = £25 / BC2 = £35

If you've done all you want to with MW2 then go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 20:18 
Hibernating Druid

I've had my £26 out of it at least twice over.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 
http://www.mapathy.com/

New maps on the 30th apparently

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:25 
Sleepyhead

nickachu wrote:
http://www.mapathy.com/

New maps on the 30th apparently

Yay!
My sodding brother had better get the map pack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:28 
That's pretty awesome advertising as well.

I better save my pennies for 800 or 1200 pts to purchase it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:30 
Honey Boo Boo

Russians in Bad Company 2 also say 'ten inch strojna', I wonder what it means? No rack of beef or precise ford granada yet, though.

Also:

I love the look on the guy's face.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

WANT.

I'm going to hammer those all night on the 30th. And when I've finished on her breasts, I'll download the maps.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 
Hibernating Druid

They bring out news of maps on the day when I'm chucking it in...

Still chucking it in...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 
8-Bit Champion

Well last night I unlocked the tactical knife attachment so i now have a "Knify knify" class

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Commando Pro

Primary weapon P90 with red dot sight
Secondard weapon Magnum with tactical knife attachment
Smoke grenade and Claymore
Martyrdom as deathstreak

Only really had one play with it before bed and i can see it will work well on some maps , it probably helped that it was a bit of a laggy game so the speed of movement helps (even if your sprinting across a distance they would need to be quick to lineup the shot) - would probably also work well in things like capture the flag - I did have a nice time running into a group of the enemy and knifed two really quickly then ran round the corner and got the 3rd guy as he chased me.

Reply to topic  [ 3117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 63  Next