Gay marriage
In the uk
I think there is a story that needs to be told.

edit: concurrent posting humour, although that statement is valid for both Flis and Gazchap it seems...
flis wrote:
I might have a gay marriage next, see what all the fuss is about.

Mine was a pretty happy affair as it was. I'm not sure I need another.
I'm feeling distinctly outdone here. If Gazchap can have his forum name on his marriage certificate, I should have had 'Captain Caveman' on mine. Sure Mrs C would've been fine with that.
Cras wrote:
Grim... wrote:
You were married in 2003?!

How old were you, twelve?

That's the bit you call out? Not the fact that it's in the name of Gazchap?

Seen that before. Didn't notice the date.
Considering he's about 45 now, that isn't that young.
And also considering he has told us about 10 times, as well.
Bobbyaro wrote:

He has? I can't be expected to remember stuff like that, i've got NINOs to store.
Bobbyaro wrote:

Have I? Guess I'm old enough that my memory's going as well then :(
errr, pretty sure it was you, but my memory is going also! :D
Bobbyaro wrote:
errr, pretty sure it was you, but my memory is going also! :D

I don't think many other people would sign their marriage certificate "Gazchap".

I'm surprised one did, to be honest ;)
I didn't sign it.
Quote:
Now, if a transgender person got gender reassignment treatment with the full support of their married partner, they would not be forced to divorce.

Can't see that "bonus" getting used that often. If I came home from work and my wife expressed a desire to become a man I would not be keen to hang around. The options in that situation are not great :p

At the end of the day all gay marriage is going to do for the UK is ruin the summer with more flooding.
One of my friends is undergoing gender reassignment at the moment. I said to them "You are still the same person I knew from before, but one that I hope is more comfortable and at ease with themselves". If MrsA changed sex I'd stay.
If Mrs C became a man I'd be terrified :D
flis wrote:

In! Your country or mine?
Quote:
If MrsA changed sex I'd stay.

I see 3 options

Wife becomes a man and gets a knob but likes men.......Not good..

Wife becomes a man and gets a knob but likes women.... So you leave or get reassigned yourself

Wife keeps bits but looks like a man............... This would be really odd, but I would probably try it once :D
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
flis wrote:

Pretty sure we still burn homosexuals in the town square, here. We used to birch them but they enjoyed it, the dirty deviants.
flis wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
flis wrote:

Pretty sure we still burn homosexuals in the town square, here. We used to birch them but they enjoyed it, the dirty deviants.

They do like a good bumming.
flis wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
flis wrote:

I knew I should have volunteered!
Ireland votes on this tomorrow. Will probably pass, but I reckon it's going to be tighter than we expect.

The result would make Northern Ireland even more of an exception than it currently is.
Most of you have probably already seen this on facebook but I do like to show it off and since this thread has popped up...

Attachment:
040915-294.jpg
That's a cracking photo.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
That's a cracking photo.

This.

:)

So pleased you had such an excellent wedding and honeymoon.
Think of the floods!
Grim... wrote:
Think of the floods!

:D

Fab photo Gilly, warm congratulations. :hug:
That's a beautiful picture :) Congrats Gilly, you and Jen look amazing.
Quote:
Most of you have probably already seen this on facebook but I do like to show it off and since this thread has popped up...

Very good picture, did you marry in the UK? Also looks like you had great weather!
Aw, what a gorgeous photo :D
asfish wrote:
Quote:

Very good picture, did you marry in the UK? Also looks like you had great weather!

Looks like Vegas to me.

Congratulations to you both! You both look very happy. :luv:
asfish wrote:
Quote:

It was Vegas - You can see the Hilton behind them, Planet Hollywood to the right, and the Luxor to the left :-)
Rooftop weddings are awesome.
Congratulations to you both!
Beautiful.

I hope Ireland can join the 21st century today, too.
Nce photo

So it's now legal in the uk and ireland except northern ireland?
(Assuming it will pass in the republic today)
Many congratulations Gill, my old chum. May you both be very happy :)
That photo is absolutely lovely, Gilly — the best I've seen yet of your wedding day!
Every time I see a reply in this thread I scroll up for another look at the photo as it makes me smile.

How anyone could look at two people who are very obviously in love and having a brilliant day and get morally outraged is beyond me.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Every time I see a reply in this thread I scroll up for another look at the photo as it makes me smile.

How anyone could look at two people who are very obviously in love and having a brilliant day and get morally outraged is beyond me.

Totally :this:

An amazing photograph and I wish you both every happiness. Xxx
Cobracure wrote:
I'm Hetro so I can't add any more to the discussion.

Ok, I will bite, what can't you add anything being straight?
That is such a fucking brilliant picture.
By quite some margin if that article is correct.
So, it seems Ireland is awesome. Woot!
Yeah congratulations to the Irish. Awesome stuff.
sdg wrote:

Attachment:
040915-294.jpg

I don't use facebook, so I hadn't seen it, but just having read the rather good news from Ireland, the thread caught my attention. Congrats to both of you and yep, great pic. :)
Page 6 of 7 [ 308 posts ]