BITS AND BOBS 26
Hapless old tosser B&B shocker
KovacsC wrote:
I like my job...just can't talk about it...

You're a mime?
I just put up a curtain pole. I knew it would be a complete cunt drilling into the walls as there was a curtain pole there before... sure enough, the plaster crumbled as soon as I even looked at it.

Took me 45 minutes in the end to do a ten minute job!

Anyway, I've just treated myself to a bag of flamin' hot monster munch to cheer myself up. I have a "review" at the job centre later... That should be fun!
Couldn't you have used the existing drilled holes?

Good luck at the review!
Zardoz wrote:
Couldn't you have used the existing drilled holes?

Good luck at the review!

I could have done but they weren't in the right places, plus.. I'd already filled them (or so I thought!)

Thanks for the good luck. Hopefully it won't last long... It's not like I'm not looking for jobs like some of the people they deal with.
TheVision wrote:
Anyway, I've just treated myself to a bag of flamin' hot monster munch to cheer myself up. I have a "review" at the job centre later... That should be fun!

Review - 'Not as nice as Roast Beef flavour'

Have we mentioned this yet? Moscow airport terror mirrors video game

Quote:
“Indeed it is a trouble to look at the game and reality. The issue is we need to know if terrorists or extremists are using these videos or DVDs or games to basically apply the model,” Walid Phares, Director of Future Terrorism Project at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, said.

Quote:
“I think those who have been radicalized already – that is supposed in this case jihadists, Al-Qaeda or other kind – they look at the games and say these games will serve them to train,” Walid Phares added.
devilman wrote:
Quote:
“I think those who have been radicalized already – that is supposed in this case jihadists, Al-Qaeda or other kind – they look at the games and say these games will serve them to train,” Walid Phares added.

I hope he's right, because if so, those people will be the most easily thwarted TRRRRSTS ever, convinced that they can heal even the most severe injuries by sitting behind a desk for a bit.

Let's hope they then go on to play a bit of Viva Pinata, and start sneaking into the country to sell us some lovely carrots.
Grim... wrote:
Jon.J wrote:
Couldn't get to sleep last night until gone 4am, it was starting to get light outside :(

Christ, where do you live? It's still dark when I catch the bus at 6:30ish.

London, so admittedly it was street lights coming on rather than the sun coming up.
TheVision wrote:
It's not like I'm not looking for jobs like some of the people they deal with.

I pretty much fill in one of their booklets a fortnight, and that's only about half the stuff.
Jon.J wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Jon.J wrote:
Couldn't get to sleep last night until gone 4am, it was starting to get light outside :(

Christ, where do you live? It's still dark when I catch the bus at 6:30ish.

London, so admittedly it was street lights coming on rather than the sun coming up.

Do you mean going off?
I'm well confused now.
Sheriden gets three years

Fell the same way as Archer, didn't he, with a libel trial then perjury?
devilman wrote:
Have we mentioned this yet? Moscow airport terror mirrors video game

I made a 'joke' about it, if that counts

Craster wrote:
Initial suspicion: A Russian gang containing a US special forces soldier who was undercover, and who will be found with a bullet in his head to throw the blame on the yanks and ignite a Russian invasion of America.
Trooper wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Not even in the generic? I can't name clients in the specific, or talk about specific problems, but generic hypotheticals are ok.

Take a leaf out of SA's book.
"A [person] of un-stated work role relative to me, declared in a vexatious manner of speech and/or writing that a unspecified task that I had performed was in some way sub standard.
I am presumably outraged/annoyed/upset! You may express your sympathies now."

;)
MaliA wrote:
TheVision wrote:

I pretty much fill in one of their booklets a fortnight, and that's only about half the stuff.

:this: I tend to fill mine in on the morning of me going up there. I load up my emails and write down the last 6 or so jobs I've applied for.
TheVision wrote:
MaliA wrote:
TheVision wrote:

:this: I tend to fill mine in on the morning of me going up there. I load up my emails and write down the last 6 or so jobs I've applied for.

The Direct.gov search is pretty useful, I've found.
I love the British Constitution:

Quote:
Gerry Adams has accepted an "office of profit under the crown" in order to resign his Westminster seat, the prime minister has told the House of Commons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12287865

(He denies it, and I can't find a press release on the Treasury's site)

Of course, as he never took the oath he could have immediately disqualified himself by trying to sit on one of the green benches, which would have been the more fun way of doing it.
I'm posting this on my iPod Touch using HTC Wildfire as a portable WiFi hotspot!
:nerd: :metul:

This is living.
I'm back at my computer now.
WTF?

Code:
B:\>copy *.txt bigshiftpos1.txt
bigshiftpos2.txta
bigshift2008p1.txt
bigshift2009p1.txt
bigshift2008p2.txta
bigshift2009p2.txta
        1 file(s) copied.

Malc
What were you expecting?
I wouldn't expect .txta files to be copied.
If it's an older version of DOS, the pattern matching won't support anything longer than X.3, so it'll truncate then match.
I was going to say, file extensions greater than three characters won't be supported, so I guess any file with txt as the first three characters of their file extension would've been processed by the command.

Since bigshiftpos1.txt is the 'destination', I assume all five text files were actually merged into this one file, hence 'one file copied'? (Malc, is this the case? Check with Notepad or summat)

God, it's been a while since I looked at anything DOS, at least 20 years. :nerd:
*Sprays air freshener thoroughly over thread*
Currently listening to Two Door Cinema Club's album, it is rather good.
DavPaz wrote:
I don't want to enter the Fable 3 thread for fear of the spoilz, but I have a quick question.

When playing Co-op over Live, are you tethered to the same screen like in local co-op?

No.
You have to use a telly each.
Ta. TBH* I'd forgotten about asking that.

*sorry
Weight not changed in three days. Probably due to beer. Might consider this exercise lark.
I have a friend who's buying Gears of War 2.. does anyone know what DLC he needs for all the maps?

Is it the "all fronts" pack?
Interview for CAB gig next week. Time to give even more back to a deserving community.
it was a cmd in xp sp3 I'd expect it to support greater than 8.3 (and it does every where else).

yes the target was one file, more later about to run out of 3g

Malc
MaliA wrote:
The book my friend wrote about teaching difficult children was unexpectedly plugged in the Telegraph. Well done him.

He's going to be on BBC Radio Nottingham at 0715 tomorrow morning, too. Tell me how to tune in.
Go to Nottingham.
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
The book my friend wrote about teaching difficult children was unexpectedly plugged in the Telegraph. Well done him.

He's going to be on BBC Radio Nottingham at 0715 tomorrow morning, too. Tell me how to tune in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/programmes
I really need to speak to my school careers advisor.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
I really need to speak to my school careers advisor.

Heh. Your career is always a bit manic this time of year 
Malc wrote:
it was a cmd in xp sp3 I'd expect it to support greater than 8.3 (and it does every where else).

yes the target was one file, more later about to run out of 3g

Malc

right, ok,

Basically I had 4 text files in a folder (shift information for 2 tills from 2008 and 2009) that were .txt files, and I wanted the quickest way of combining them together by till, so I renamed the files for till 2 to .txta and did

Code:
copy *.txta destination1.txta

then all I thought I had to do was:

Code:
copy *.txt destination2.txt

howver that included all 3 files with the .txta extension too. I got round it by changing the extentions to .txtb, but I really don't think I should have to.

Obviously copy supports things being greater than 8.3, but it must have an issue with assuming all files are 8.3 if either some of the source files are 8.3 or if the destination is 8.3

and just to repeat this is with XP service pack 3 using cmd (not command.com)

Malc
MaliA wrote:
When MrsA comes in from work, turns out, showing her Scotty 2 Hotty's The Worm is not the best idea.

This got a big legit lol off me.
My Sennheiser PXC310BT headphones turned up today, and they appear to be all kinds of awesome! I shall test thoroughly on the train tomorrow...
Doing some work for a company who've sold something they can't develop, and have consequently come to us begging to licence the system we've built. I've just taken a look at their web site, and the strap-line in their logo reads ‘Intelligence Solutions’; I look at the rest and can't for the life of me figure out what the fuck they actually do. Sometimes I despair.
They solve intelligence.

"Together we can stamp it out"
Clients :(

Email chain:
"I think it will be productive if we set up a call with you and our [scripters from a certain Asian country]."
"It's midnight here. And I doubt having people read code out to me will be useful. If you just email me the final link you are trying to use, I'll be able to see quickly if what the problem is and tell you what you need to change to solve it."
"Hi, this is [scripter from a certain Asian country]. There's no answer at your office. Do you have a direct number?"
"No-one is at the office, it's midnight. If you just email me the final link you are trying to use, I'll be able to see quickly if what the problem is and tell you what you need to change to solve it."
"Hi, this is [guy in charge]. [scripter from a certain Asian country] tells me he can't get through to your office. Is there a problem with your phones?"
"The problem is that no-one is there to answer them."
"But you are in the office?"
"No, I left the office SIX HOURS AGO, MOTHERFUCKER HELLO? ARE YOU A FUCKING RETARD?"

Guess which bit I didn't write.
kalmar wrote:
Trooper wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Not even in the generic? I can't name clients in the specific, or talk about specific problems, but generic hypotheticals are ok.

"A [person] of un-stated work role relative to me, declared in a vexatious manner of speech and/or writing that a unspecified task that I had performed was in some way sub standard.

;)

:this:

It is what B&B is for.

On the plus side, I've found some excellent jobs and have been updating my CV. Tomorrow night and probably all of Sunday I'll be applying for stuff. One in particular is pretty much ideal, and is even in a city I've been looking for an excuse to live in for about two years. Might this be the end of all the world's problems? It just might, Timmy. It just might.
Hi everyone.

I am changing my name to Sir Giantmonk Fiddlay-Pons, named after my friend, Sr Giantmonk Fidlay-Pons. Just thought I'd clue you all in.

Bye x
Mimi wrote:
Hi everyone.

I am changing my name to Sir Giantmonk Fiddlay-Pons, named after my friend, Sr Giantmonk Fidlay-Pons. Just thought I'd clue you all in.

Bye x

Oh, okay.
Grim... wrote:
Guess which bit I didn't write.

[scripters from a certain Asian country]
Mimi wrote:
Hi everyone.

Bye x

Excellent! I think.
Is the change of avatar related?
sinister agent wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Trooper wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

;)

:this:

It is what B&B is for.

On the plus side, I've found some excellent jobs and have been updating my CV. Tomorrow night and probably all of Sunday I'll be applying for stuff. One in particular is pretty much ideal, and is even in a city I've been looking for an excuse to live in for about two years. Might this be the end of all the world's problems? It just might, Timmy. It just might.

Good luck matey. No word back on my interview yet..

My life is going a bit TURMOIL possibly, so I may be pitching up in the nay and or emo thread soon :S

Ironically I can't really give specifics.
Page 44 of 60 [ 2981 posts ]