Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 33
The highest degree in Masonry
Page 33 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 60
I had no idea that bamba provided the voice for Siri. Now I know who's fucking head to kick in.
Bamba wrote:
(a) pronouncing 'or' as in 'oar', which is mad; .

Of course I am, because that is how you say or.
I pronounce "oar" as "oooooaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!".
KovacsC wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Now you're just taking the piss. Or there's a major misunderstanding going on. According to that you're either

(a) pronouncing 'or' as in 'oar', which is mad;

Or northern

:?:

Southerner born and bred here.
Please let Bamba do a recorded beex week
Craster wrote:
All of those sound the same!

or, oar, mor, bor, haw, whore!

Pronouncing "or" and "oar" the exact same way isn't right. Seriously, this isn't me being Scottish and weird, that really is just plain not how the words are supposed to sound.
"What, you want to play the new SSX game but you've had your EA account disabled? Sounds like you're up Shit Creek without an ooooaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
Trooper wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Bamba wrote:

Now you're just taking the piss. Or there's a major misunderstanding going on. According to that you're either

(a) pronouncing 'or' as in 'oar', which is mad;

Or northern

:?:

Southerner born and bred here.

Try book and look. Had many nights discussing that look and luck. Can sound the same.
Bamba wrote:
Craster wrote:
All of those sound the same!

or, oar, mor, bor, haw, whore!

Pronouncing "or" and "oar" the exact same way isn't right. Seriously, this isn't me being Scottish and weird, that really is just plain not how the words are supposed to sound.

I've never been so in favour of devolution as I am right now...
WTB wrote:
"What, you want to play the new SSX game but you've had your EA account disabled? Sounds like you're up Shit Creek without an ooooaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!"

You mean a paddle?
Sorry, Phoaredal.
Zardoz wrote:
WTB wrote:

You mean a paddle?

A pohddle.
WTF? My head feels like it's going to fall off with the confusion of trying to figure out how you weirdoes pronounce whore! It's like sore, only with a wee windy sounding w at the start (may also be known as an h followed by an o), or who-er, if you are being particularly exuberant about it.
I can't believe you mentals pronounce so many words the same. How you do you understand each other? You may as well be going blah blah blah xbox blah blah olympic games blah blah blah tube.
DavPaz wrote:
Scottish person in better at pronouncing English words than an Englander shocker!
FTFY! It's no even my first language :DD

@Kovacs; book & look are both [ooh] whereas luck is [uh]. Aye?
(Unless you're speaking in Scots in which case both luck & look are [uh] sounds)
Wullie wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Scottish person in better at pronouncing English words than an Englander shocker!

(Unless you're speaking in Scots in which case both luck & look are [uh] sounds)

What's your first language?!
We do the latter.
Wullie wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

We do the latter.
Gilly wrote:
Wullie wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

SHOUTING!!
As I said earlier, pronunciation is by consensus. It's pronounced the way people say it. It appears so far that the consensus is that 'haw' and 'whore' are pronounced the same if you're English, differently if you're Scottish.

If you're Mimi, you defy all categorisation :kiss:
Craster wrote:

:(
Craster wrote:

or :)

Not sure how to take this.
It's probably a compliment.
Probably.
The wife has shown me how 'sore' and 'saw' can be pronounced differently, and the same for the other words we talked about.

She's Irish though, so is probably wrong (but I do now at least understand where you're coming from).
Gilly wrote:
Scots. Although it's more a mixture of English, Scots, Cant, Ayrshire & a tiny bit of Gaelic.

Think how my family talk to each other, particularly me & my faither. That's how I *think* & increasingly so since I've hardly needed to speak or write in pure English for the last few years.
Craster wrote:
As I said earlier, pronunciation is by consensus.

The fact that you said it doesn't make it right. This entire discussion is evidence of that.

( :D )
Of course it does! Thinking that it doesn't is clearly where you're going wrong, you filthy haw.
Wullie wrote:
Gilly wrote:
Scots. Although it's more a mixture of English, Scots, Cant, Ayrshire & a tiny bit of Gaelic.

For Gods sake, no-one ask how that is pronounced.

Aw, that's a nice song. I like that.

Wait.

I know that.

What the fuck is it?

Holy shit!

One of these days us Raccoons fans will wage war upon the Teddy Ruxpin and Dreamstone followers. The world will know of weeping on this day, let me tell you.
Craster wrote:

Um, hors categorie?
Whorses!
So, we paid the letting agent a security bond for previous house. This went into a deposit protection scheme. The deposit protection scheme thinks this amount is £50 less than what we paid. I've emailed the landlord, asking him if I should contact them about this error.
Shittest eBay thing ever
MaliA wrote:
So, we paid the letting agent a security bond for previous house. This went into a deposit protection scheme. The deposit protection scheme thinks this amount is £50 less than what we paid. I've emailed the landlord, asking him if I should contact them about this error.

Isn't that illegal, not putting the full amount in I mean.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Isn't that illegal, not putting the full amount in I mean.

I don't know, to be honest. I'm not surprised, but an MP is going to get an email. Possibly the Telegraph and Argus as well.
Dimrill wrote:

109 sold. That's over £200! Seems like a pretty clever move to me.
Is it illegal though? Reselling a free product, like.
Dimrill wrote:
Is it illegal though? Reselling a free product, like.

He's selling the CD with it on,

It's a bit like a linux distro being free to download, but you pay for the cd/dvd.
or Like a PD company selling a disk with freeware on it.

Malc
ILLEGAL! DOUBLE ILLEGAL! *chops cucumber*
Dimrill wrote:
One of these days us Raccoons fans will wage war upon the Teddy Ruxpin and Dreamstone followers. The world will know of weeping on this day, let me tell you.

You have my axe.
Pork pie breakfast.
You never see adverts for pork pies. How do you find out about them?
Dimrill wrote:

Subliminal advertising through wearing of Cockney based hats.
Virgin is down. No Internet, I forgot how bad 3g is here. Even word fued will not load.
KovacsC wrote:
Even word fued will not load.

Thank fuck.
Dimrill wrote:

I came across a note in a dungeon that triggered a side quest.
Craster wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Even word fued will not load.

Thank fuck.

Oh :(
Dimrill wrote:

Knowledge of pork pies is instinctive in some people. When they are born, they're afraid of loud noises, will cry when hungry or cold, and know about pork pies. It's in their DNA.
KovacsC wrote:
Oh :(

:kiss:
Page 33 of 60 [ 2974 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 60

Active Topics