Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rampant mod abuse
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 
Goth

Re: Topic Subject

FUCK YOU MODS!

How's that mod abuse? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:07 
Soopah red DS

Come on Rockers, let's get him!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:09 
Son of a Reaperman

There's something about the term 'Rampant Mod Abuse' that sounds slightly sexual.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:11 

Tmuk wrote:
There's something about the term 'Rampant Mod Abuse' which sounds slightly sexual.
Yes. It's because of this:
"Rampant" is another one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:14 
Son of a Reaperman

Ooh, I've got to think of some more...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:15 
Excellent Member

Tmuk wrote:
Ooh, I've got to think of some more...

Diddling! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:15 
UltraMod

Moist.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:18 
Son of a Reaperman

Flange? My Grandpa used to be a builder and often talks of them to much barely concealed mirth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:36 
Lurker

Snatch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:37 
Excellent Member

Muffin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:38 
Hibernating Druid

Guzzle

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:40 

Grim... wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
That's it, I'm gone.
Possibly back to WoS, Stuart may be many things, but he doesn't stand for bullying.

Oh, that's a bit sad :(

Why is everyone, mods and non-mods alike, allowing this to happen?

It's a bit sad? No it's not, it's all a blinkin' disaster - people are leaving in droves, the place is empty but some nonsense talk, and when someone leaves one person says 'oh, that's a bit sad'.

Also, I don't know if you meant it to be, or it's just the way it is phrased, but Grim... this:
Quote:
Okay, we need a new volunteer to go into the sports forum and post "x? Sport x is rubbish" in the threads

comes across as a bit nasty. Only because it reads like Pundy was so indispensable that all you need is for someone to go and post 'X sport is rubbish' for there to be no impact in his leaving. I do not know if you meant it to be so, but at the moment it just seems a bit harsh, and maybe people need to be a bit more sensitive when members are growing a bit weary by some of the hurt in the forums. I think that you probably meant to lighten the mood, but it just seems wrong at the moment.

I want Pundabaya to stay. I am sure that others do, too, so blinkin' well tell him so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:44 
Excellent Member

Mimi has a point here, but everyone should bear in mind that without reading this thread, you'd never know there was a problem. We're not facing meltdown here, with everybody falling out with everybody else all over the forum. Instead, it's just an angry spat which has been kept to one thread. Think of this thread as the smelly compost heap in BETEO's garden of excellence.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:46 

Mimi wrote:
people are leaving in droves, the place is empty but some nonsense talk

Neither of these things reflect reality even a tiny bit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:49 
Lurker

Mimi wrote:
I want Pundabaya to stay. I am sure that others do, too, so blinkin' well tell him so.

I don't want anyone to leave, but it's their choice to do so. That said, the mood on this forum has been noticeably tense over the past few days, for various obvious reasons. It's a shame, as the last few weeks have been ace and I thought we'd finally got over the over-sensitive teething troubles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:49 

Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:

No? I've been told that Dimrill and Mr Dave have left, as well as CUS and now Pundabaya. The forums aren't exactly huge and a lot of the forum seems like one big Bits and Bobs thread a lot of the time, recently. I do not think I am the only one who feels this way. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:50 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
Also, I don't know if you meant it to be, or it's just the way it is phrased, but Grim... this:
Quote:
Okay, we need a new volunteer to go into the sports forum and post "x? Sport x is rubbish" in the threads

comes across as a bit nasty.

Good. We've done a fucking excellent job keeping peace so far, and if people want to leave because of reasons which obviously involve them not bothering to read stuff, stuff them. Pundy's had issues with this place for a while, and he's been back since, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:52 
Lurker

Mr Dave's left?

I think I have been a bit "looser" in my posts over the last couple of weeks (my post count here is almost as high as on WoS, and I've been a member there for 4 years!) so sorry if me going on about GDL/new girlfriend/bollocks has contributed to the Bits-and-Bobs-y nature of the forum. Erk.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Scarysheep3000 wrote:
Mr Dave's left?

He was on yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:53 
Legendary Boogeyman

I think Dimrill will reappear at some point, just not right now.

As for Pundy, well, he didn't exactly leave himself open to discussion. 'Right, fuck this, I'm off', is a very extreme reaction to have in the face of CUS' nonsense, and I'm not sure it's anyones responsibility to try and persuade him otherwise.

Just like last time CUS left, I don't know why. All I saw was him accusing, broadly, everyone of conspiring against him, and/or lying about him. A few people respond in a very 'wtf are you on about?' manner which seemingly set him off into an exponential cycle of paranoia that results in him storming out in a fit of, well, fuck knows.

I don't know why this would compel others to leave, unless they're pissed off at the mods for letting him back, which is actually something I could understand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:54 
Sleepyhead

Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I dunno, most of what we do on here is nonsense. Glorious nonsense, but nonsense nonetheless. Though of course there are some good serious threads at the moment, such as the Data Collection one... and some video games talk.

I do think it's bad when anyone should want to leave the forums because they've not enjoyed what has happened in any way, shape or form. I do think that prior to yesterday's meltdown we had seen a fair few people talking, getting along and generally contributing in a positive way.

Hopefully we can put this behind us and continue to be excellent to each other, have fun, talk nonsense or whatever else we wish to talk, and carry on as a super awesome community.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:55 

Mimi wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:

No? I've been told that Dimrill and Mr Dave have left, as well as CUS and now Pundabaya. The forums aren't exactly huge and a lot of the forum seems like one big Bits and Bobs thread a lot of the time, recently. I do not think I am the only one who feels this way. :(

Dave hasn't left, he posted 3 hours ago. Dim will I hope and expect be back, pundy already has since yesterday, presumably having realised he hadn't read the thread at all before spouting off.

CUS was barely here, except to call Myop a wife beater, which I'm surprised you don't have a problem with.

We had our highest logged on users count yesterday, we have potentially 3 times as many people coming to the next Shunt meetup than last time... It's hardly a picture of a dying forum. I can show you one of those if you like.

And once again, you want a different sodding topic POST ONE! Grim... did with the communications bill this morning, which we're talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:56 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Curiosity wrote:
I do think it's bad when anyone should want to leave the forums because they've not enjoyed what has happened in any way, shape or form.

I'm not sure what we can do about that though, TBH. Can't please everyone all the time, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:56 
Legendary Boogeyman

Scarysheep3000 wrote:
Mr Dave's left?

I think I have been a bit "looser" in my posts over the last couple of weeks (my post count here is almost as high as on WoS, and I've been a member there for 4 years!) so sorry if me going on about GDL/new girlfriend/bollocks has contributed to the Bits-and-Bobs-y nature of the forum. Erk.

Not in the least. If anything the new gf stuff has only cheered me, so don't think you need to be quiet unless you can come up with something profound. Given I say 'fucking cunt' every other sentence I really wouldn't worry about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 13:59 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Also, we need to do some arguing to that WoS notices and says 'ha ha' and then people from here go and say 'ner ner' and then Stu writes some new content.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:00 
INFINITE POWAH

Mimi wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Dimrill left as soon as CUS came back.

Mr Dave has not left.

CUS left for his own reasons.

Pundy is being silly.

This forum is still a mine of excellence. The fact people still come here and post stuff is evidence of that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:02 

Grim... wrote:
Also, we need to do some arguing to that WoS notices and says 'ha ha' and then people from here go and say 'ner ner' and then Stu writes some new content.

Oh don't do that yet, he's so close to managing to steal from his users for a whole 3 months!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:02 

Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dudley wrote:
Mimi wrote:

CUS was barely here, except to call Myop a wife beater, which I'm surprised you don't have a problem with.

1) I do not know whether Fryish was CUS or not. He says it wasn't, it's just one person's word against another.

2) I know as much as I possibly can do that Myp is not a wife beater. I speak to Myoptika and I am very fond of him and his lady Ange. I also never said I don't have a problem with it, but I have spoken to Myp about it privately.

Also, to clarify, I was told that Mr Dave had left by someone else who was either mistaken or Mr Dave changed his mind, I did not pick him of of the top of my head.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:04 
Legendary Boogeyman

Mimi wrote:
1) I do not know whether Fryish was CUS or not. He says it wasn't, it's just one person's word against another.

And the damning IP log which personally I believe, given the sheer improbability of it being coincidence. It wasn't.

Mimi wrote:

In the same way as it's OJ Simpson's word he never did that burglary against the court that convicted him. The evidence is beyond conclusive I'm afraid.

Excellent Member

Mr Chris wrote:
This forum is still a mine of excellence.

And this thread is its sole collapsed tunnel...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:05 

Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Quote:

Good.

Says far too much. I am sad that anyone would be pleased at knowing they were being deliberately nasty to someone else. It's what you've accused CUS of. I really thought it was just a problem of clumsy phrasing, I'm quite saddened that it was deliberately meant to upset, especially when administered by the head mod and the person who is likely to be that same again. I'd hope the person with that responsibility were more level-headed and not so happy to upset someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:06 
Lurker

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Scarysheep3000 wrote:
Mr Dave's left?

Not in the least. If anything the new gf stuff has only cheered me, so don't think you need to be quiet unless you can come up with something profound. Given I say 'fucking cunt' every other sentence I really wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers, Gnomesy. I have been conscious that I post shit here that I'd never dream of posting on WoS, and there's a fine line between "acceptable forum posts" and "World of Cuddles-ish wanky emo blog about my life".

Anyway, this forum is still acebest and hope it stays that way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:08 

If the mods seem a little tetchy on this it'll be because anonymous spoof accounts are a massive pain to deal with. I get 2-3 a week from our one and only banned (self-banned actually) user on Peoww and they take up more time and investigation than I'd like.

You'll always lose (and gain) people along the way so this isn't anything unsual.

This forum is still nice and busy and a good diversion from work.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:13 

edit: blah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:17 

er... as opposed to writing for people that actually pay him?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Mimi wrote:
It's what you've accused CUS of.

Accusations of being a violent mysogenist and making a comment about a regular forum poster's amusing post habits are so far from being the same thing I can't believe you've actually said this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:18 

Man, I didn't see that one being spun around in a negative light.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:20 
Lurker

jonarob wrote:
edit: blah

Why did you edit that? I'm looking forward to reading it. Regardless of anything that happened he's still a fucking good writer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:21 

Basically he's saying Stu's doing stuff for Snappy Gamer on the internet, rather than his own site people pay him to (not) write for.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:22 

Yes, he is. And I'm glad you're looking forward to it. But perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it. I didn't forsee this particular issue Dudley has raised. But surely if you're paying him a subscription, it's up to you to cancel it if you're not getting value for money? Rather than just complaining about it and still paying him? It's my money I'll do what I like with it, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:24 

Indeed, the people who pay him for absolutely nothing might have a few questions though.

I cancelled my sub about a month before the schism for that very reason. I still suspect it might have had something to do WITH the schism.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:24 
INFINITE POWAH

Dudley - let it go, mate. Seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:25 
Excellent Member

As long as it's not your money, why worry about it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:25 

Let them ask, then. Please, I'd rather you didn't bring negativity to this. I'm quite pleased about Stu agreeing to write for my site, and that may change if you decide to bring this shit up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:26 
Legendary Boogeyman

Pretty simple really, do free stuff for an infinitely more popular site in order to try and seed more people to your own tumbleweed palace. Then get them to pay £2 a month.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:28 

Let's just forget about it and enjoy the writing when it arrives!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:28 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Quote:

Good.

Says far too much. I am sad that anyone would be pleased at knowing they were being deliberately nasty to someone else. It's what you've accused CUS of. I really thought it was just a problem of clumsy phrasing, I'm quite saddened that it was deliberately meant to upset, especially when administered by the head mod and the person who is likely to be that same again. I'd hope the person with that responsibility were more level-headed and not so happy to upset someone else.

There are no "head" moderators, and if there were I'd still expect them to be able to have, and voice, opinions. If that isn't the case I'll be dropping out of the running now, and I suspect most other people would too. Fortunatley, we've had that discussion before, and you're the only one that thinks like that. We've received several complaints about Pundy and his posts (especially in the sports forum) so him leaving has saved me the bother of explaining why we won't really be doing anything about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:32 

jonarob wrote:
Let them ask, then. Please, I'd rather you didn't bring negativity to this. I'm quite pleased about Stu agreeing to write for my site, and that may change if you decide to bring this shit up.

Then don't bring it up on a site where people are allowed opinions then, post it on WOS.

Actually I merely made a single comment then you bitched and now it's half a thread.

Mr Chris wrote:
Dudley - let it go, mate. Seriously.

So I can post this anywhere you have an opinion anywhere about anything?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 14:34 

Nobody said you were worrying, and nobody said you're not allowed an opinion. But it seems to me, that you're just trying to fuck things up for my site or something.

Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next