Twitter
PicaBlogoWibbleTron
Mr Russell wrote:
I've grown to love the new style retweets though, as you only see them if you don't already follow that person, so it saves you seeing the same tweet again, or annoying your friends if you retweet a lot.

Yes. And as a result, grown to loathe the people that don't use them.
Decca wrote:
:facepalm: I'm new to the whole actually having a twitter account thing*.

We can tell - you still follow Stephen Fry.
gospvg wrote:

Twitter ID? & I'll add you

romanista, obv...
I am officially offended by steven fry, so much so that I am going to twitter him

They said
http://my.actionforchildren.org.uk/
In just three simple steps you can help to transform life for the most vulnerable and neglected children anywhere in the UK. Where you give, and how you help, is entirely up to you.

he said
Marvellous new way to do your bit for vulnerable neglected children in your neighbourhood

most of these appeals are for children's disability charities, including one my lad goes to and he sure as shit isn't fucking neglected.

I have passive aggressive twittered the fucker. I think what offends me most is that this is exactly the sort of language fuck up he would lambaste people for on QI.
Umm... I don't see the problem with the language. The original is specific to locations, i.e. where you give, the Fry version is specific to locations i.e. in your neighborhood.
The two are basically synonymous?
It's the difference between "vulnerable and neglected" and "vulnerable or neglected".
Lazy, or badly edited to fit into 140 characters?

Anyway, don't tell him off or he'll flounce again.
gospvg wrote:
Malc74 wrote:
gospvg wrote:
Anyone else I've forgotten to add to the list. Just shout

Love your Mini Munchman avatar pic. *gazes fondly at the Pocket Pacman sitting on top of his games cabinet*

That is where it all began :)

Bloody hell, I think that was my first game too.

Edit: Actually it was Munchman in the circular yellow casing.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's the difference between "vulnerable and neglected" and "vulnerable or neglected".

Ah! totally missed the missing "and" I get it now :)

Although the original is still just as bad in that respect.
*srs head on*

Problem most charities have is the image of what a charity actually is, people have pride no matter how poor they are and it's even more so if it's to do with disability. They are very aware that when making the appeals that it's the middle classes who will donate so they can feel good/smug about themselves. Fry's tweet is pitched directly at his own class group, the problem is when people using these charities read what's been written. It's humiliating for us to be referred to as bad parents and paupers who need some upper middle class cow with her private school children and 4x4 to help bail us out.
The trick is to make the rich woman feel good about helping the pretty little mop top autistic kid in the photo get the new expencive sensory room without making the poor mother collecting all her clothes out of the garden because the little bastard just threw all her shit out the window again feel like a twat..
romanista wrote:
gospvg wrote:

Twitter ID? & I'll add you

romanista, obv...

Doh !!
Silicon.com published a list of their top 68 UK-based tech Twitter users.

Scroll down to the middle of the Editorial section. One of these things is not like the others...
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Silicon.com published a list of their top 68 UK-based tech Twitter users.

Scroll down to the middle of the Editorial section. One of these things is not like the others...

That Stephen Fry gets everywhere. ;)
Who did you sleep with for that recognition, Doc?
Wow! You're in the same list as Cory Doctorow!

Also Jemima Kiss. Never mind.

Who's Steven Fry?
kalmar wrote:
Who's Steven Fry?

Is he a relation of Stephen Fry?
Gaywood is now in the same class of person as Peter Molyneux.

Be afraid ashamed. be very afraid ashamed.
Alarm wrote:
kalmar wrote:
Who's Steven Fry?

Is he a relation of Stephen Fry?

Who?
So who from here is not on my BETEO list?

@gospvg/beteo
I can't see mine in there - underlogic.
devilman wrote:
I can't see mine in there - underlogic.

Added
Who is @graphiccard ?
Curiosity wrote:
Who is @graphiccard ?

*refrains from obvious joke*
Quote:
My dad is 81 years old. I'm teaching him how to use the internet. I told him twitter was how to search things on Google. These tweets are what he's searching.

http://twitter.com/#!/oldmansearch
Wullie wrote:
Quote:
My dad is 81 years old. I'm teaching him how to use the internet. I told him twitter was how to search things on Google. These tweets are what he's searching.

Obviously fake, but still amusing.
Wullie wrote:
Quote:

oldmansearch
erase or forget a memory

:(
I don't believe that's real, but if it is it's rather sad and a horrible thing to do :(
Mimi wrote:
I don't believe that's real, but if it is it's rather sad and a horrible thing to do :(
I agree. However, the fact it's clearly fake (I mean, what, he's been doing this for 22 days without ever once noticing that typing shit into Twitter doesn't display any search results?) does defang it.
Mimi wrote:

It's not true as there is no search for "Craster Anal Bleaching" which is I believe the top search term across the entire internet.*

* May only be BEEX.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I agree. However, the fact it's clearly fake (I mean, what, he's been doing this for 22 days without ever once noticing that typing shit into Twitter doesn't display any search results?) does defang it.

That's exactly my reasoning behind 'obviously fake'.
I didn't see that you'd put 'obviously fake'. Sorry Myp.
Curiosity wrote:
Who is @graphiccard ?

Anyone?

He follows a load of us, and a couple of us follow him.

How odd if he's not actually a Beexer...
Why do randomers keep following me? Not spam accounts, but random real people? It's not like I'm the most prolific tweeter. I'm certainly no Gaywood :)
DavPaz wrote:
Why do randomers keep following me? Not spam accounts, but random real people? It's not like I'm the most prolific tweeter. I'm certainly no Gaywood :)

I've gained a couple this week too for some reason.
I have some really, really strange people following me. 'Cate Blanshett' for one.
A friend of mine is followed by Philip Schofield.
A friend of mine follows Philip Schofield.
A friend of mine served him a milky coffee at a coffee shop in Truro.
MaliA wrote:

Euphemism?
DavPaz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Euphemism?

No, it's too early for me to make an attempt at spelling cappicino correctly.
I saw Philip Schofield at a Take That gig, and also at a Matt Goss gig. Seems we share a love of pop music.

I'm think the 'most famous' person following me is probably Gaywood. Or Betfair Poker.
I have some people pretending to be characters from The Archers following me. I think that's probably quite sad.
My willy is quite big.
Curiosity wrote:
I saw Philip Schofield at a Take That gig, and also at a Matt Goss gig. Seems we share a love of cock.
Mr Russell wrote:
My willy is quite big.

Euphemism?
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
My willy is quite big.

Euphemism?

Yes sorry, I meant to say I was following someone on Twitter or someone followed me for varying levels of perceived fame.

But I do have a quite big willy, thanks for asking. :hat:
Good to know. I thought you walked funny...
DavPaz wrote:

I have more people following me on Google+ than I do on Twitter and Facebook combined. Which is quite impressive, as I haven't even looked at Google+ for a month.
I can't retweet at the moment... Should I be looking at a setting somewhere?
Page 29 of 36 [ 1795 posts ]