Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 72  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hearthstone thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 16:55 
ugvm'er at heart...

2:0 currently with this

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 16.53.37.jpg

I call it the Magelegmurloc

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 17:06 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
2:0 currently with this

I call it the Magelegmurloc

I think decks like that are very unfair to EBJ and you should remove yourself from the game immediately.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 17:21 
Hello Hello Hello

I think my early wins were a fluke, started getting battered all over the place :D

I am going to try a rogue flavour, at least Greenskin has some synergy with rogue, and I have the rogue legendary.

I WANT MORE LEGENDARIES!

Attachment:
paytorogue.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 17:35 
Hello Hello Hello

Well that failed horribly, but it did give me a taste of Miracle Rogue (it's basically the Trump deck from the video I linked to, but with all the 'non-miracle' cards taken out and replaced with legendaries, i.e. the miracle shit drawing off the Auctioneer still works, there's just no charge card in there :D).

If I snaffle another 40 packs of cards I'll either get a Leeroy or I'll have enough cards to DE to make one, I think the Bloodmage card is optional.

Hmmmm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 17:43 
ugvm'er at heart...

Don't do it, it's only about 2 weeks till the game totally changes due to naxx...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 17:46 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Don't do it, it's only about 2 weeks till the game totally changes due to naxx...

Hmmm yes fair point, really I needed to decide to do that about one or two months ago :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 18:46 
Sleepyhead

Screw you, arena!

I choose Mage.

I do no get offered a single Fireball. I do not get offered a single Flamestrike. I do not get offered a single Polymorph. I do not get offered a single Pyroblast. The only large minions I get offered the entire time are one Windfury Harpy and one Stormwind Champion.

What's the point of a Mage that doesn't have any direct damage spells? I have one that does 3 damage and that's it!

First match.

Against a Mage.

Three fireballs, two flamestrikes, two polymorphs.

Magnus Carlsen couldn't have won that one, let alone Trump, or worse still, me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 18:58 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Screw you, arena!

I choose Mage.

I do no get offered a single Fireball. I do not get offered a single Flamestrike. I do not get offered a single Polymorph. I do not get offered a single Pyroblast. The only large minions I get offered the entire time are one Windfury Harpy and one Stormwind Champion.

What's the point of a Mage that doesn't have any direct damage spells? I have one that does 3 damage and that's it!

First match.

Against a Mage.

Three fireballs, two flamestrikes, two polymorphs.

Magnus Carlsen couldn't have won that one, let alone Trump, or worse still, me.

It happens sometimes, but it doesn't make you feel any better about it when it does. (Especially in a class mirror match and your opponent keeps unleashing cards you haven't been offered a single one of, as happened to you there.)

IMO each class has a few key cards, and you need at least one or two of at least one or two of them for an Arena deck to be reasonably viable.

I remember getting a druid draft where I just got offered absolutely fuck all of any of the half-decent class cards, so was left with a horrible mish-mash of minions to go out to battle with - it's quite dispiriting when you're doing badly in a game and you don't even have the hope of something good coming out of your deck!

The other one I hate is you get shit choices time and time again, and then it gives you two 'must have' cards on the same selection (i.e. as a pally you've got neither Truesilver or Consecrate, then on card choice 28 you get offered both and have to choose one).

After a terrible Arena run I sometimes think 'Fuck that shit not doing it again, RAGE RAGE RAGE!', then next day I'm like, 'Oooohhh, I've got over 150 gold, go on, Arena run then.....' :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 21:57 
Hello Hello Hello

And here's what happens when you play Jaraxxus into a controlled board as a last gasp rather than on a planned basis.... (I decided I'd have a play with my druid deck and got this guy, started off aggro lock but he built through the mana curve quite nicely, he had a Siphon Soul in there for my Ironbark for example.)

Jaraxxus has already taken 4 damage in the first screenshot because he finished off a taunt with his weapon and a Soulfire on the cast turn (which discarded his last card). I can't imagine he was possibly expecting to win, and it comes back to what I was saying before, if you're already losing and you chuck Jaraxxus out he ain't gonna win that game for you - he was two turns away from him being able to do anything meaningful here. (He didn't even get to generate an Infernal, let alone actually hit me with one. What this NINE MANA CARD actually bought for this warlock was a 9 health heal and a single hit with a Fiery War Axe.)

You need to engineer a board to play Jaraxxus into (not entirely dissimilar to Deathwing but not quite as extreme), I honestly don't think he's OP. Given how this warlock was playing and how his mana curve was going (plus he had a Leeroy in there hence the whelps on my side, so obviously running legendaries), I was waiting for the Jaraxxus play and it caused me precisely zero hassle when it happened.

It's a legendary class card the same as any other legendary class card, it's a known quantity and everyone knows what it does and how it works, and it can misfire spectacularly as happened here - play as if your opponent might have it in his hand, (i.e. 'What happens if this guy plays Jaraxxus at me?'), and it's almost laughable rather than OP.

Attachment:
jarrodead.JPG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 22:10 
Sleepyhead

It depends.

I controlled a guy down so he had one card and no minion. I had one minion, a 25 health lead and a few cards (3-4).

He happened to have Jarraxxas and I was toast.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 22:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
It depends.

I controlled a guy down so he had one card and no minion. I had one minion, a 25 health lead and a few cards (3-4).

He happened to have Jarraxxas and I was toast.

Well yes except he didn't just 'happen to have' Jaraxxus, it's his deck and he knows that he's in there. If he top-decked it then fair enough that's a bit harsh, but otherwise he may well just have been working his way towards the Jaraxxus play (although I wouldn't personally like to play him when my opponent still had 3-4 cards).

I'm not saying it's a flat out crap legendary like Tinkmaster is, but he is the warlock class legendary and as such he's supposed to be good in certain situations like all class legendaries are. (Ever got on the wrong side of the pally class legendary? That's a nasty place to be if you're out of silences or don't have any in your hand.....)

It's like the mage class legendary is utterly ruinous if the mage manages to get the 'game state' to play him into, which then means effectively unlimited fireballs and the mage himself hidden behind cheap taunts until you're dead - that's the way legendaries work, not 'PLAY THIS CARD TO WIN' but very powerful if you're able to get the game into the position where they work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 22:48 
Sleepyhead

I know, but it's the only one that has been used to win directly multiple times against me. I think it works better than most. Not in every situation (just like Mind Control at 10 mana is sometimes utterly useless), but keeping it as a fallback option can often work.

But I have nothing against it per se. I just like the mechanics of it less than the Priest ones you hate :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 22:57 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
But I have nothing against it per se. I just like the mechanics of it less than the Priest ones you hate :)

Fair enough :) I guess everyone has their own particular likes and dislikes in the game, which is why it's such a varied, interesting, and almost infinitely challenging proposal I suppose :metul:

My experience with Jaraxxus is he's a solid card and he can work very well in certain situations, but those situations are almost always ones that need to be engineered first, otherwise he's a thoroughly damp squib - albeit one who LIKES TO SHOUT A LOT.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Well that's a finish I've never seen before, playing a very aggressive shaman who maintained ruthless pressure for the entire game, I controlled the board down so he had just a dinged up Azure Drake on the board and was down to two cards, with me holding three cards but good ones and an untouched Cairne on the board. I had 12 health and thought maybe I had a chance of fighting back.

He plays a Leeroy and then Facelesses the Leeroy for the perfect 12 damage!

Leeroy is all over the place and he's a very versatile card, never seen him used like that before though!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Bastard miracle rogue had a 7/1 SI Agent on the board at IIRC Turn 4 and then stealthed it. (My Golem couldn't take it out, I was praying for a Wrath.)

I absolutely clung on for dear life until Turn 8 to get an Ironbark out, but he had two Gadgetzans down by then which he'd been doing all that Prep > cheap spell trickery with.

Gadgetzans took out the Ironbark, and then the inevitable Leeroy.

When decks like that fire correctly they're awful to play against, plus it ended my win streak was just about to get back to Rank 11 :(

EDIT - And oh yes, the coin is so powerful in miracle rogue decks, and he'd gone second so had it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:30 
Sleepyhead

The coin annoys me. Not the basic mechanism but it counting as a spell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:35 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
The coin annoys me. Not the basic mechanism but it counting as a spell.

Yeah generally speaking I prefer to go second, I mean really, unless there are any one mana cards you want to play on Turn 1 (none of my decks run any) then going second works better.

For some decks though, the coin and going second is of massively more value, aggro lock and miracle rogue spring immediately to mind, plus mages buffing the Wyrm with it and then lobbing out a Mirror Image etc.

If the rogue who just wiped the floor with me hadn't had the coin available to him there's no way he could have got off to that start, them being able to combo off the coin is well pants.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 13:52 
Sleepyhead

Hogger can be a dick too. If you don't have any charge or removal, then playing him into an empty battlefield can cause so much shit. Just had a round with me as a Warrior. I had six turns where all I could do was kill the taunt and play some minions who were all then Maged to death or frozen. The one time I get a charge minion to take him out, allowing me to Weapon the Hogger, he plays a Mirror Image and that's that!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 15:30 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
In other words, you're in the situation you're in through choice, so stop moaning!

Says King Moan-kla! Except you throw a couple of sour grapes instead of bananas ;)

You're right about how I could buy 30 packs - I could also get no legendaries at all. Holding out to ascertain the Naxx prices is sensible though, no need to pay for that if I don't need to. Being dedicated F2P means I struggle more to get the wins and it requires a lot of dedication. It would be easier to spunk some cash on many decks, but I also feel like I've really earned what I've got.

If Naxx is something trivial like 150 gold per weekly unlock (which might be about right, the same price as an arena run?) then how much would that cost? Are there 9 areas? 1350 gold?

At which point I'll happily spunk the rest on an arena run a day. It's probably sensible to bet on myself getting an average of 3 or 4 wins (making them break even as far as just buying packs goes), so that's the better way to eventually spend it.

But it might also be 250 or 500g per area, you just don't know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 15:52 
Hello Hello Hello

ElephantBanjoGnome wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
In other words, you're in the situation you're in through choice, so stop moaning!

Says King Moan-kla! Except you throw a couple of sour grapes instead of bananas ;)

You're right about how I could buy 30 packs - I could also get no legendaries at all. Holding out to ascertain the Naxx prices is sensible though, no need to pay for that if I don't need to. Being dedicated F2P means I struggle more to get the wins and it requires a lot of dedication. It would be easier to spunk some cash on many decks, but I also feel like I've really earned what I've got.

If Naxx is something trivial like 150 gold per weekly unlock (which might be about right, the same price as an arena run?) then how much would that cost? Are there 9 areas? 1350 gold?

At which point I'll happily spunk the rest on an arena run a day. It's probably sensible to bet on myself getting an average of 3 or 4 wins (making them break even as far as just buying packs goes), so that's the better way to eventually spend it.

But it might also be 250 or 500g per area, you just don't know.

King Moan-kla, I quite like that :D

My point is you've got options, you know as well as me that you could 'convert' that 3000 gold into a couple of legendaries of your choosing by one means or another, even if 30 straight packs came up blank. (The figure is 5% so one pack in twenty on average contains a legendary.) Plus IIRC you do already have some legendaries so you're not starting from a blank list.

Being F2P may make things harder for you in some match ups where players have 'paid to win', (although IMO the game has been in its current state for so long now that even F2Pers could have put together a pretty awesome card selection), but considering the ASTOUNDING generosity of this game towards 100% F2Pers such as yourself I honestly don't see how you can think you've got any room for complaint whatsoever. I mean, there is literally NOTHING in the game that is out of reach of F2Pers, no single card, no single ability, no game mode, nothing, not one tiny thing that isn't available to you - albeit it might take you longer to get there.

Even then the game is very generous IMO, I burned through every last scrap of dust I had to craft Jaraxxus and in less than two weeks of doing an Arena run every day or every other day, (for free, just using quest reward gold), and simply DE-ing duplicates from those and getting dust from the rewards, I'm back to nearly 500 dust again - and the most powerful cards in the game only cost 1600 dust each.

I mean, there has to be something in it for those who are prepared to lob a chunk of cash at the game, and that something is a shortcut to some of the cards (and only some of them, I've spent £72 on cards and there are loads of legendaries that I'm missing, including ones I'd really like) - otherwise everyone would be 100% F2P and the game would make no money and Blizzard would close it down, unless you're suggesting they decide to set themselves up as a charity and rattle tins at supermarket entrances?

You're already playing the game off the back of folks who are prepared to spend some money on it, (you do at least accept that not everyone can be F2P or the game simply wouldn't exist at all?), so to then call foul when they've got some nicer cards than you seems rather disingenuous :p

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 16:33 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm not calling foul, I'm just saying that necessarily it's more difficult for me to construct the counter decks I need against the meta game when I don't have the cards! It doesn't speak against those that choose to pay. As games go, this is *certainly* worth paying for so I don't begrudge those that do. I think you're inferring more of a pejorative in 'pay to win' than I genuinely mean...

For me there's a secondary reason - it gives me something to aim for. One of the most demotivating aspects of a card game is when you've collected everything, as that's one less reason to keep on playing. Indeed, if there was some skill, card, mode, or ability that was inaccessible if not for the investment of real cash, I'd probably pay it, happily, and grind the rest out for free. That's my nature :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 16:35 
Legendary Boogeyman

Incidentally I think I've got four legendaries at the moment. Pagle, Geddon, Cairne and Velen. Velen is the only one I crafted with dust and I disenchanted damn near every card I'd ever earned up until that point to get it. Retrospectively I regret doing that but it kept the game interesting to me at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 17:13 
Hello Hello Hello

I'm not calling foul, I'm just saying that necessarily it's more difficult for me to construct the counter decks I need against the meta game when I don't have the cards! It doesn't speak against those that choose to pay. As games go, this is *certainly* worth paying for so I don't begrudge those that do. I think you're inferring more of a pejorative in 'pay to win' than I genuinely mean...

For me there's a secondary reason - it gives me something to aim for. One of the most demotivating aspects of a card game is when you've collected everything, as that's one less reason to keep on playing. Indeed, if there was some skill, card, mode, or ability that was inaccessible if not for the investment of real cash, I'd probably pay it, happily, and grind the rest out for free. That's my nature :)

Fair enough that explains it somewhat but I'm sure you've referred to 'pay to win cunts' or similar in the past, which is quite pejorative ;)

Anyway I'm far more annoyed with the game at the moment, I've been bouncing off Rank 10 all day and have lost three games that would have taken me there for the FIRST TIME EVER.

And now I'm Rank 12 again off the back of a horrible run, plus some bad errors are creeping into my game as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 17:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hearthly wrote:
I'm sure you've referred to 'pay to win cunts' or similar in the past

Quotes or it didn't happen. Pretty damn sure I've never said anything approaching that, beyond mocking you gently for cracking ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 17:40 
Hello Hello Hello

Hearthly wrote:
I'm sure you've referred to 'pay to win cunts' or similar in the past

Quotes or it didn't happen. Pretty damn sure I've never said anything approaching that, beyond mocking you gently for cracking ;)

:p

viewtopic.php?p=824041#p824041

Attachment:
ebjrages.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 17:59 
Sleepyhead

:DD

You guys are funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 18:24 
Hello Hello Hello

OK chaps I am seriously calling out the most insane play yet reported in this entire thread.

The screenshots say it all but in essence we were both druids and his plays were:

Turn #4 - Malygos (Wild Growth and two Innervates, he'd put a Keeper out to 2 damage my Faerie and kill it)
Turn #5 - Faceless his own Malygos so there are two on the board
Turn #6 - A 14/11 (no, really) Swipe

On my Turn 6 (I went second) I concede on 2 health looking at TWO FUCKING MALYGOS and not a minion on the board or a hope in hell.

Oh well at least I don't have much to think about in terms of what I did wrong.... This game hates me, I'll never get Rank 10.

Attachment:
001.JPG

Attachment:
002.JPG

Attachment:
003.JPG

Attachment:
004.JPG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 19:13 
Sleepyhead

Ouch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 20:09 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Ouch!

Yeah that's what I thought :D

I had to go back through the screenshots to work out how he'd actually done it, but it is possible if you look at what the Wild Growth and Innervates do, but in several solid months of playing this game I have never seen that before, or indeed anything like it.

Two 9 mana legendaries on the board at Turn 5!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 20:17 
Sleepyhead

That's his perfect play. I did similar, but to lesser effect. I got both Ironbark out by turn 5 or so against a Rogue. They both got assassinated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 23:59 
ugvm'er at heart...

Next will be 500 gold per wing, and there will be 5 wings, with the first wing for free.

Allegedly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 0:29 
Hello Hello Hello

Trooper wrote:
Next will be 500 gold per wing, and there will be 5 wings, with the first wing for free.

Allegedly.

Too cheap! :D

In other news the Trump freeze mage videos are starting to go up on his YouTube channel (they're up to #4 as I type this) - seriously, that deck is scary.

I will never, ever, be as good as these guys..... :nerd:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 
Legendary Boogeyman

Hats off to the 14/11 swipe, that's quite mental.

500 per area. Not too mental, affordable anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:55 
Hello Hello Hello

Malygos is fucking ruinous if you can't get rid of him, just got on the wrong end of this from a shammy (me playing as a pally):

Earthsock that silences a minion and does SIX damage to it, one shots Tirion and you don't get the weapon.
Lightning Bolt that does 9 damage.
Lightning Storm that does 8-9 damage to all minions.
Lava Burst that does 9 damage.

Believe me, if I could have silenced him or got rid of him I fucking well would have done, and I had the cards in my deck they just wouldn't appear :( Serious legendary value for him......

Conceded before lethal, not that he did anything 'wrong' but it was fucking annoying.

Can't even get back to Rank 11, let alone finally hit bastard Rank 10.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 
ugvm'er at heart...

More Naxx News!

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... ?page=5#91

"I know everyone is really excited for any and all information regarding Naxxramas. We’re doing our best to get it into your hands as soon as possible. However, it turns out we’re actually not going to be quite ready to announce Naxxramas pricing on July 1st as I previously mentioned—we do still want to announce more Naxxramas information soon, but I’m afraid it won’t happen on July 1st. We’ll get the details to you as soon as we have finalized information to share."

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:50 
Legendary Boogeyman

Whoops.

But it's still nice to see someone official on the forum providing information, even if it's just an apology.

And, I feel sorry for the poor guy having to cop the ungrateful flack of those childish, idiotic responses. WAAAAH WAAAAH go the fucking crybabies, jesus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:25 
Hello Hello Hello

So an announcement to announce that the previous announcement announcing the imminent arrival of a pricing announcement was incorrect!

Oh well maybe I'll get to Rank 10 before Naxx after all :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 16:24 
Sleepyhead

Fun game as my control mage vs a control priest.

Hewas mostly counting on being in shadowform, and nearly killed me, but then I neutralised all that and took his direct damage cards. We then both drew and drew and drew. I had a silenced maan wyrm and all the minion control cards in the world, he had a load of minion control cards.

We ended up with me finally getting a few out, him mind controlling, me bringing out another couple, and running one turn short of killing him before fatigue killed me. Weird game. Must have been 6 or 7 consecutive turns where nobody played a card!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 16:52 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
Fun game as my control mage vs a control priest.

Hewas mostly counting on being in shadowform, and nearly killed me, but then I neutralised all that and took his direct damage cards. We then both drew and drew and drew. I had a silenced maan wyrm and all the minion control cards in the world, he had a load of minion control cards.

We ended up with me finally getting a few out, him mind controlling, me bringing out another couple, and running one turn short of killing him before fatigue killed me. Weird game. Must have been 6 or 7 consecutive turns where nobody played a card!

That's when the game is at its best IMO, a long and interesting tussle like that helps to make up for all the awful shit aggro match-ups that are out there - when things go down to fatigue it can really be quite thrillingly tense.

I honestly wish there was some way to 'opt out' of aggro matches and be directed towards matches where the player is interested in an actual GAME, rather than hammering their way through a brainless aggro deck and probably having a high chance of winning in the process.

Even if you can't play in Ranked in this mode, it'd just be nice to have the option to avoid aggro. I dunno, a limit of eight cards per deck that cost 2 mana or less, something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 16:59 
Hello Hello Hello

I seriously call foul on the Arena run I've got underway at the moment.

I'm a pally, up to now I've had two pallies against me.

First game got off to a baddish start with him swarming the board with low value minions, and even though I have a fair amount of cheap stuff in my deck I didn't draw or mulligan into any of it. Turn 5 Venture Co Mercenary from me to put some weight against him on the board, and he Aldor Peacekeepers it, so next turn not only can I scarcely afford to play a single minion of my own, I can't even kill this stupid 1/6 lump I've got on the board against any of his cheap shit to get rid of the massively increased mana cost. That one went all sorts of wrong.

Second game is a good game in all fairness, he's got some high quality cards, such as a Sword of Justice I have no Ooze for, (wasn't even offered one and I always take them when I'm offered them). Nip and tuck all the way but I finally get board control and looking good to start taking some chunks out of him, and he plays an Onyxia! I have enough board to take out Onyxia and over the subsequent turns I have to get rid of all the whelps, there's one Concescrate in my deck but I haven't fucking seen it..... My health is down to single figures but a combination of Truesilvers and Guardian of Kings finally gets me back board and an ability to start hitting his face, albeit with my health perilously low.

He's got no cards, he's got no board..... AND HE TOP-DECKS A FUCKING DEATHWING. Onyxia and Deathwing in the SAME FUCKING DECK in Arena. Jesus christ.

There are times I wish I'd never given Blizzard a fucking penny! :DD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 17:17 
Sleepyhead

You think that's bad. I just had a Warlock one turn from lethal with several large minions out. He has a silenced ghoul out there with two attack. I have 18 health and a hand full of cards. He has four cards.

All four are 'Power Overwhelming'.

Turns his 2/3 into an 18 attack killer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 17:17 
Hello Hello Hello

A Turn 2 Ancient of War from a druid. IN ARENA.

I need to pack this shit up and go home.

Except I'm already there. LOL.

EDIT - I actually nearly pulled this one back to at least have a fighting chance, but couldn't pull a single healing card out of my deck. Awful Arena run, 1/3 and I've never seen such a bullshit fucking sack of ridiculous cards being thrown at me.

Attachment:
bollcok2.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 17:23 
Hello Hello Hello

Curiosity wrote:
You think that's bad. I just had a Warlock one turn from lethal with several large minions out. He has a silenced ghoul out there with two attack. I have 18 health and a hand full of cards. He has four cards.

All four are 'Power Overwhelming'.

Turns his 2/3 into an 18 attack killer.

I sometimes think with Arena it's just a case of putting in as many of the 'insane' cards as you possibly can, and just hope you get to use them.

Four Power Overwhelmings is bullshit, I mean, four mana for +16 attack!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 17:31 
Sleepyhead

I just wish I had a taunt :(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 17:33 
Hello Hello Hello

Inspired by your tale of Power Overwhelming shenanigans I have decided to do another Arena run, got offered warlock which I've never tried in Arena before so I thought fuck it, can't go any worse than the pally and they're supposed to be one of the most powerful classes.

Look how many Power Overwhelmings I got offered :D

Attachment:
lololzoz.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 18:17 
Hello Hello Hello

2/3 :(

And you know how many times I had more than one Power Overwhelming in hand or indeed could have tapped or otherwise drawn into more than one at a time?

Never.

EDIT - Just opened the pack. Woohoo legendary! Not-so-woohoo it's a crap one!

Attachment:
nozzy.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 18:30 
Hello Hello Hello

Fuck this shit, I've spent the last of my gold on a cheap-ass crappy aggro mage deck which I shall take out into Arena.

I just picked every cheap card that popped up (yay for Hungry Crab!), albeit trying to lean towards sensible choices for card draw and the occasional decent card like a Fireball or Sunwalker.

It's not Constructed so I don't feel too bad about it, but it's depressing trying to play Arena 'properly' when you hit a bad run.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 20:17 
Hello Hello Hello

SURELY THIS GAME!

Attachment:
comeon.JPG

Mother. Fucking. Hunters.

The worst match for my pally deck, along with maybe aggro lock.

The really annoying thing is I was ONE away from lethal the turn before (I needed 9, I could get 8 to his face as I had to get rid of a taunt as well) but just couldn't quite make it, so controlled the board down to give myself another turn thinking to myself 'As long as he hasn't got Leeroy in hand.....' He's just playing the UTH as well to showboat here so fuck him I conceded.

Either of my Oozes would have done the job turns earlier too, as he got stupid mileage out of that fucking bow.

Attachment:
huntertwat.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 20:35 
Sleepyhead

Went 2/3 with a Mage.

Took 2 x Flamestrike and 3 x Fireball.

Saw 1 flamestrike in all five games, and no fireballs.

I think all but two games made it to 10 mana each.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 20:38 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Hearthly wrote:
Mother. Fucking. Hunters.

So we have MFH's , Stealy thiefy priests , Miracle Rouges , Ice Mages , Fucking Zoolock Warlocks

Any Class that doesnt bother you ?

:-)

I have been bouncing around between about 17 and 14 with my priest class tonight , many people still make the mistake of leaving me with a minion that used to have at least 4 health on the board after about turn 6 as i just heal the board / shield / shield / double / double / inner fire (takes 7 points so from round six if i'm second and have the cards or have a lightspawn that saves me the last card) and they are looking at lethal from an initial 4 point health card

Only 'annoying' game was a long drawn out one against a shaman - at the end on his turn i had lethal on the board and he had nothing to block me and with his final 2 mana his 'random' totem was the one with taunt and I did not draw a silence or direct damage card so he had enough to finish me next round

Reply to topic  [ 3554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 72  Next