Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Nintendo 3DS XL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

That Shantae game is meant to be brilliant. The original was a hidden gem on the Gameboy color so I mainly bought it for that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:44 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:
Are these Nintendo bundle games any good? I took a look at it but nothing really jumped out at me, but loads of you seem to have bought it.

I've heard good things about the Shantae games and I've got the PC versions on my Steam wishlist; they looks like cutesy kids games but are apparently really solid Metroidvanias. The Rhythm Thief game seems to have reviewed really well also. Aside from that it's just a way to give my niece more games for cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 
SavyGamer

Plenty of people I trust have raved on about affordable space adventure being amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 20:16 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Has anyone played that Shantae game yet? You should do.. it's brilliant!

The soundtrack is especially ace.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 19:56 

Rise from your grave, thread!

A few months ago there was a lot of fuss about a new VirtualBoy emulator for 3DS and it turned out these things are super easy to hack now (which is the right thing to do as Nintendo got rid of the eShop).

So I picked up a 'New' 3DS XL and, yeah, super easy to hack. All you need is an SD card. It's a fun process (often with this handhelds setting them up is as satisfying as actually playing them) and I'm really glad I picked it up. The 3D effect works really nicely with the eye-tracking on this model and you just can't get that 3D effect and the dual screen gaming anywhere else. I was a big fan of the DS back in the day so it's been fun playing some of those games again too. And ZXDS (the Speccy emulator) massively benefits from having two screens.

The hShop (basically the eShop but everything's free now) works great too.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 20:05 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I have a new 3DS XL but I don't want to hack it.. I like the fact it's stock as I've got a load of games on there already but, I do have an original 3DS somewhere. I might look into this and see if I can do it on that. The hShop does sound very appealing!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 20:28 

TheVision wrote:
I have a new 3DS XL but I don't want to hack it.. I like the fact it's stock as I've got a load of games on there already but, I do have an original 3DS somewhere. I might look into this and see if I can do it on that. The hShop does sound very appealing!

It's good for things like translation hacks and stuff like that. You can even enable paid DLC and the like.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 23:45 
Can you dig it?

I loved the DS Lite, and yet I have never even tried a 3DS. They did seem like really neat bits of kit whenever I read about them. How much did it cost you, Blucey?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 9:04 

Sir Taxalot wrote:
I loved the DS Lite, and yet I have never even tried a 3DS. They did seem like really neat bits of kit whenever I read about them. How much did it cost you, Blucey?

£144 on eBay. Definitely more than I wanted to spend but that's the going rate for one with no scratches.

I bought it with the view that if I ended up not using it, I'd get my money back on eBay anyway.

I always have the 3D turned up to max when playing a 3DS game but I'm actually enjoying playing DS games more at the moment. Bejewelled 3 is my current fave. Which reminds me, does Albino Kid still post here? He was a big Bejewelled player.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 11:17 

I finally got around to trying Pilotwings Resort. Crikey! It's awesome. The 3D really improves the gameplay (in terms of judging targets and landings).

Game of the year!

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2