Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:18 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14526
Location: Parts unknown
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
At least he's using the correct tools. Well, Davpaz's tools.

I need a second set of fingerprints anyway


Everyone's happy!

Also, what controllers do you have with your Retropi these days? Would you like me to bring my USB Saturn pad?

I have the sega ones you recommended last year and 2 360 pads for more complicated systems


You're not trying to tell me that you actually went with a recommendation off the forum are you? Is this a first?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
You could steal parcels as well!

I'm not allowed. Says in my contract.


Good job that it doesn’t say anything about car stereos!

I'm pretty good at spotting loopholes these days!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12082
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
At least he's using the correct tools. Well, Davpaz's tools.

I need a second set of fingerprints anyway


Everyone's happy!

Also, what controllers do you have with your Retropi these days? Would you like me to bring my USB Saturn pad?

I have the sega ones you recommended last year and 2 360 pads for more complicated systems


You're not trying to tell me that you actually went with a recommendation off the forum are you? Is this a first?!?!

I have two 8bitdo SNES-style jobbers, and a Zipstik joystick with a suitable USB adapter if you want me to bring those?

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26566
Location: Kidbrooke
Lonewolves wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
You could steal parcels as well!

I'm not allowed. Says in my contract.


Good job that it doesn’t say anything about car stereos!

I'm pretty good at spotting loopholes these days!


You’d make a good Republican!

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31110
Lonewolves wrote:
If I could make £1k+ a month breaking into cars, removing stereos and flipping them at Cash Converters I'd strongly think about it.

After the preceding chapters Myp: Normal Guy and Myp II: Relentlessly Woke, it was surprise for this somehow enduring franchise to take a hard right turn into Myp III: The Purge. Yet here we are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:44 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Normal guy? You are far too kind.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:55 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44059
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has any tools they could bring for removing car stereos? I can't get my old one out, it won't budge!


Bend a wire coat hangar. Ffs.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44187
Location: The erogenous zone
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has any tools they could bring for removing car stereos? I can't get my old one out, it won't budge!


Bend a wire coat hangar. Ffs.


Nah, it's the two flat bars either side to disengage the headunit from the cage surely?

You could try two lolly sticks.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 13:09 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13460
Location: Oxford
The One where we re-enact the Crystal Maze.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 13:31 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has any tools they could bring for removing car stereos? I can't get my old one out, it won't budge!


Bend a wire coat hangar. Ffs.

Coming from the man who couldn't fix a plastic switch.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 14:50 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34033
GazChap wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
TheVision wrote:
At least he's using the correct tools. Well, Davpaz's tools.

I need a second set of fingerprints anyway


Everyone's happy!

Also, what controllers do you have with your Retropi these days? Would you like me to bring my USB Saturn pad?

I have the sega ones you recommended last year and 2 360 pads for more complicated systems


You're not trying to tell me that you actually went with a recommendation off the forum are you? Is this a first?!?!

I have two 8bitdo SNES-style jobbers, and a Zipstik joystick with a suitable USB adapter if you want me to bring those?

Aye. Can do


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 15:28 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44059
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has any tools they could bring for removing car stereos? I can't get my old one out, it won't budge!


Bend a wire coat hangar. Ffs.

Coming from the man who couldn't fix a plastic switch.


It was a screw blocking the door!

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 15:30 
User avatar

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 8144
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Is forbidden Kingdom the cooperative escape game we played in the Parcel Yard the day i became ticket to ride world champion?

That was Forbidden Island, which I have and will bring. There's also Forbidden Desert, which is similar, and has been at the cottage before.


I can bring Forbidden Island and or Desert.
Yes, spreadsheet, I know. I'll do it later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 15:33 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1869
Location: Kashyyyk
Joans wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Is forbidden Kingdom the cooperative escape game we played in the Parcel Yard the day i became ticket to ride world champion?

That was Forbidden Island, which I have and will bring. There's also Forbidden Desert, which is similar, and has been at the cottage before.


I can bring Forbidden Island and or Desert.
Yes, spreadsheet, I know. I'll do it later.

I'll bring JDM and Ford style stereo removers. We have an unusual mix of requirements.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 15:45 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
I'm tempted to just use pliers and a hammer.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 15:57 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11579
I am fucking bored and looking forward to finishing work.

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 16:04 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
Slightly concerned about this storm coming tomorrow morning, hitting the train line that I need to take out of Devon! Or just them cancelling the train as precaution!

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 16:23 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I don't suppose anyone has any tools they could bring for removing car stereos? I can't get my old one out, it won't budge!


Bend a wire coat hangar. Ffs.

Coming from the man who couldn't fix a plastic switch.


It was a screw blocking the door!

Do you not own a screwdriver?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 16:37 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13460
Location: Oxford
Travelling light this year.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 16:59 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Christ alive

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 17:07 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44187
Location: The erogenous zone
I don't see that one.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 17:09 
User avatar
:3

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 2076
Location: Broseley
Kids have been horrid since they finished school. Counting down the minutes til bedtime (mine and their's).

On the plus side, the biscoff cake is in production.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 17:10 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13460
Location: Oxford
Lonewolves wrote:
Christ alive

Zardoz wrote:
I don't see that one.


It's like 'Operation', but seasonal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 19:18 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18795
Location: shropshire, uk
Jem wrote:
Recognise this has a limited audience :P but am hoping to pop out for a short run on the Saturday morning. If anyone wants to join me they'd be more than welcome.


I have a zone 2 run to do

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 19:19 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34033
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:
Recognise this has a limited audience :P but am hoping to pop out for a short run on the Saturday morning. If anyone wants to join me they'd be more than welcome.


I have a zone 2 run to do

Sounds futuristic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 20:40 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
FFS my train is cancelled, so either have to get a later one (apparently the one an hour later is fine! Not sure about that) or get to Exeter St David's by other means

Grrrr

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 20:54 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44059
Location: West Yorkshire
Borgo Brewing presents Five Bag and Ten Bag Artisinal ciders hand crafted by the Irish Sea.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 21:11 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
Malc wrote:
FFS my train is cancelled, so either have to get a later one (apparently the one an hour later is fine! Not sure about that) or get to Exeter St David's by other means

Grrrr

Option one, turn up at station at original time, see if there's a rail replacement or get the later bus. Option 2, get silly early coach to Exeter and then another bus or two to the station and pick up the train from that point...

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 21:18 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44059
Location: West Yorkshire
Malc wrote:
Malc wrote:
FFS my train is cancelled, so either have to get a later one (apparently the one an hour later is fine! Not sure about that) or get to Exeter St David's by other means

Grrrr

Option one, turn up at station at original time, see if there's a rail replacement or get the later bus. Option 2, get silly early coach to Exeter and then another bus or two to the station and pick up the train from that point...


MaliA always suggests getting as far up the line as one can as early as one can lest something happens between where you are and where you could have been.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:08 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 64764
Location: Your Mum
We've started on dinner.

Attachment:
IMG_20181011_220751.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:10 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 19809
Toot toot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:16 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
MaliA wrote:
Malc wrote:
Malc wrote:
FFS my train is cancelled, so either have to get a later one (apparently the one an hour later is fine! Not sure about that) or get to Exeter St David's by other means

Grrrr

Option one, turn up at station at original time, see if there's a rail replacement or get the later bus. Option 2, get silly early coach to Exeter and then another bus or two to the station and pick up the train from that point...


MaliA always suggests getting as far up the line as one can as early as one can lest something happens between where you are and where you could have been.

Yeah, that is my sentiments I think. Happy happy joy joy.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:17 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11579
Bring out the gimp

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:24 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 9756
Location: Mount Olympus
Grim... wrote:
We've started on dinner.

Attachment:
IMG_20181011_220751.jpg

Ooooh!!

So far, I have packed a towel.

Oh, I've also got paper and pens for the quiz. :)

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:33 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1869
Location: Kashyyyk
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 22:49 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
It'll be worth it Malc! At least you aren't trying to get to work. You can chill out when you arrive.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Would anyone be sad if I left the nerf guns at home this year?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Can't sleep. Too excited.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:57 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
I have started my journey! It's very stormy in Devon

Attachment:
MVIMG_20181012_055106.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 9756
Location: Mount Olympus
Lonewolves wrote:
It'll be worth it Malc! At least you aren't trying to get to work. You can chill out when you arrive.

I try to enjoy the journey as part of the break. I can relax and listen to music/podcasts or read. I suppose it's nice to not have to drive and just chill, looking forward to the next few days. :)

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
It'll be worth it Malc! At least you aren't trying to get to work. You can chill out when you arrive.

I try to enjoy the journey as part of the break. I can relax and listen to music/podcasts or read. I suppose it's nice to not have to drive and just chill, looking forward to the next few days. :)


I certainly normally do that, but getting up at 05:00 and getting 3 busses before a train journey is a little vexing. Still, 2 busses down, 1 to go.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:10 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 18795
Location: shropshire, uk
I should be there about 4.

Does any one need picking up from the station

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:17 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
Assuming I get there on time my train gets in at middayish

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 14526
Location: Parts unknown
I reckon I'll be there about 8 this evening. Looking forward to it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1869
Location: Kashyyyk
krazywookie wrote:
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.

Flight cancelled


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34033
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.

Flight cancelled

Fuck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 
User avatar
chewbacca -future arc welder

Joined: 25th Oct, 2011
Posts: 1869
Location: Kashyyyk
DavPaz wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.

Flight cancelled

Fuck!

Now queuing to be told this a second time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:16 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9010
Location: Devon
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.

Flight cancelled

:(

I hope they can sort you out with an alternative of some kind.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 
User avatar
Lupine member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 51328
Location: Nottingham
Malc wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
I have packed a towel.

I really hope flybe don't cancel my flight.

Flight cancelled

:(

I hope they can sort you out with an alternative of some kind.

Curio will come and pick you both up on the way

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cotta9e
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26566
Location: Kidbrooke
Is anyone bringing a bluetooth speaker or other such device through which I can play music from my phone for the quiz?

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KovacsC and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.