Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: CUS's forum, sotalkaboutgames.com
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:13 
im da boom king

Just you wait until I get the STAG Bezzies after you! Or 'STAZIES' as they will be known for short. Can't see any problem with that.

We also have our very own original STAG Mod team. Fanny Dykecoal, Yerauralia, Mrs. Jesu, Taciter, Mild..., Denouncer Rosemary... it's a good bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:20 
baron of techno

gryzor wrote:
Or 'STAZIES' as they will be known for short

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:27 
Honey Boo Boo

Bollocks, someone's already reported it for sheer goodness. Mrs Jesu in particular makes me chortle heartily.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:31 
im da boom king

I thangyew! Also, something I have wanted to say for months - phwoar, Julia Bond! Now we're talking! Wuh huh huh! And, rest.

If you are enjoying the comedy stylings of CUS, or want to talk about any of the issues raised in this thread, or know someone who has been affected, why not join his forum? You'll find the link helpfully provided in the title of this thread - just add '/forum' after, as in the initial post. 2 drink minimum. No ties.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:41 
Honey Boo Boo

Unfortunately, a significant amount of my time on here is browsing from work, and your site seems to be blocked (whereas I am able to get here through one of the many entrances Grim... so cleverly provided)

Which only leaves the excruciating prospect of going via mobile phone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 14:46 
Most Excellent Pagan Wench

Nothing underhanded went on. Some people are not wanted on there, by mutual agreement and therefore the nice ones were told about it, not forced to sign up.
Amusing that this board has to gossip about about a new forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:11 

Apparently some posts are being deleted from this thread without any explanation.

WHAT IS THIS, CHINA?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:12 
Not to be confused with elbow

IN CHINA, POSTS DELETE YOU!!

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:19 
im da boom king

MetalAngel wrote:
whereas I am able to get here through one of the many entrances Grim... so cleverly provided
Which only leaves the excruciating prospect of going via mobile phone.

I too will be exposing a back entrance for you to peer at when you're on the choo-choo's, for you and others alike sir, yup. It's just not been done yet because I was hoping to remain in Secret Alpha Phase X01b for another few days.

Be rest assured, that my exciting equivalent of Grim...'s full on robot chubby, will be primed and ready for you to feast upon, very soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:36 
im da boom king

Also, for anyone who is waiting to be approved to join - today isn't really the best timing for this, so I'm afraid I won't be approving anyone else until... tonight, could even be tomorrow.

Please take this delay as an exciting appetite-builder, and not as a frustrating reason to not bother logging in and posting once you're able to read everything we've all been saying about... *opens up Members list in middle of alphabet, picks random 'M' forumite* ... Myop no wait. Shit. Erm. Facetiousness gone wrong there. Erm - Malc! Yes, we've all been slegging off Malc over at STEGG. But you'll have to wait some hours or so, until you can read all the nasty gossip about him.*

So please be patient whilst carpets are laid and worrying sticky patches furiously scrubbed at; I thank Doctor Glyndwr for his generosity in promoting my forum here so readily. The fiver's in the post.

* Happy new year, Malc, the very best to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:52 

Shewolf wrote:
Nothing underhanded went on. Some people are not wanted on there, by mutual agreement and therefore the nice ones were told about it, not forced to sign up.
Amusing that this board has to gossip about about a new forum.

Hey Wolfie! By Christ your post appeared from nowhere then!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:53 
Excellent Member

Phew that was close.

ARGH!

(Is mauled by the 22+ children in the library demanding print-outs.)

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 15:54 

Don't deny them finger-painting, they'll take a blade to you!

Do you get them doing that paint bubbles thing where you blow bubbles in paint (hehe I know I kinda said that already) and then it makes patterns? I loved that!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:15 
Honey Boo Boo

Shin wrote:
Do you get them doing that paint bubbles thing where you blow bubbles in paint (hehe I know I kinda said that already) and then it makes patterns? I loved that!

I discovered a much less appealing but similar result from spraypainting over a still-wet previous coating. Whoops.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:39 

Shin wrote:
Hey Wolfie! By Christ your post appeared from nowhere then!!!
Shortly before she left Beex, Shewolf made several quite personal attacks on people; they are in her post history if you are morbidly curious. As such her account was placed into the group which requires moderator approval for each post she makes, and her account is still in that group, so her post didn't appear until one of us approved it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:45 
I forgot about this - how vain

These posts they are tinder and they do so rub together.

There is some deep meaning about politics and humanity to be learnt from all this squabbling and simmering resentment (of all parties mind). The problem is it is all so very tedious.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:54 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
As such her account was placed into the group which requires moderator approval for each post she makes

Thats exactly the kind of thing there should be a written record of - not trying to start something - just saying - though I've already accepted I wont get my way on this - just pointing it out - maybe I should run as mod next time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:55 
im da boom king

Good point! I wonder if the Tories act similarly, every time Tony Blair tries to do something new and get on with his life, that doesn't involve them.

In fairness, it should also be recorded that Shewolfe was receiving a degree of bullying from Moderator(s) here. In the spirit of keeping the balance. Which I observed from a position of being a bemused Moderator, such as I was at the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 16:59 

I don't care about the details. I really, really, really, really don't.
I just think there should be a written record (and not one hidden deep in a thread).

I'll try and save mentioning it again till I decide if I wish to run for being a mod next time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 17:17 
Excellent Member

Shin wrote:
Don't deny them finger-painting, they'll take a blade to you!

Garn. We don't have paint in the library apart from specific story-times. Too messy and the craft budget is tight. I do remember that though, and the potato shape paint stamps!

Moving into new children's library in March, expect a review of the new (improved?) Cardiff library in April, fact fans!

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 17:33 

Dr Lave wrote:
]
Thats exactly the kind of thing there should be a written record of - not trying to start something - just saying - though I've already accepted I wont get my way on this - just pointing it out - maybe I should run as mod next time.

:this:

As some people may have thought that was 'Mod intervention' as in deleting a post or something.
I take it you didn't tell SheWolf that she was in that group of people to wait for post approval? That's not very cool if she didn't know, regardless of what was said.

Pete-POTATO SHAPES WERE ACE! I also want to buy a jelly mould in the shape of a hedgehog after seeing Joans's avatar! That thought tied in with painting for some reason :S

Oh that's good, do you get more money or is it just the same-but a different place?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 17:59 
Paws for thought

gryzor wrote:
Good point! I wonder if the Tories act similarly, every time Tony Blair tries to do something new and get on with his life, that doesn't involve them.

In fairness, it should also be recorded that Shewolfe was receiving a degree of bullying from Moderator(s) here. In the spirit of keeping the balance. Which I observed from a position of being a bemused Moderator, such as I was at the time.

It should also be noted that at the time the moderators were CUS, Grim..., Me and Myoptika and someone else, may have been Dimrill, Zardoz or Jonarob (although I believe he'd stopped by then)
It should also be noted that in the mod forum, there is a post by Myp along the lines of "I've met Shewollfe before, we don't get along, due to conflict of interest, I'll leave her alone as a moderator"
It should also be noted that I wasn't even around, as I'd gone back to London and didn't have good access to a computer. You may recall sending me a message along the lines of "You're worrying Dimrill by your absense, I know you're there".

In other words, you're painting a picture quite different from how it was. Which isn't exactly uncommon now, is it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:03 

Well I think this is all good then. CUS has got his own forum. The WoS tribe now has three places to play, and so people can all get along wherever they are most happy - wether it is just one place or all three. There are no circumstances where that isn't awesome. :)

But without wanting to be a dick, CUS you are banned here, and you do lead certain people here to retreat from this forum when you are here.

So without trying to be rude I think that once the thread has run it's course (which I would say it has) the mods should ban your sock puppet. I only say this as you've got your own place now and if certain people here don't get on - which clearly they don't - then at least they know they've got choices where they can go now.

Now if it was me then the mods would put that they've banned your sock puppet somewhere visible and maybe sticky this thread for a little while so that everyone who wants to can find out about your new forum.

I really like that you've a new forum CUS, I think it's just the breathing space we need. But for that to work I think we need to keep to the boundaries as set up. Sorry man. :(

tl;dr Hopefully we can all get along a bit better now we've more homes to choose from aye?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:13 
Excellent Member

:this:

I think Lave's ban ("Ah-ha!" - ed.) on the money here. CUS has an excellent new forum and the message is out and about that one can shimmy tangentially towards it. I think the potential for mutual forum destroying intrigues and misinterpreted postings/lack of postings is too great to allow either antagonist/protagonist to indulge in the other's stomping ground, so erecting those boundary fences and letting the cattle graze in safe areas where they know what the fuck is going on and don't have to worry about weekly explosions is a good thing. More fun forums are about, we know what's going on and don't have nose bleeds working out motives and RL grudges and we can all get down to being cool and hands-off.

Yup, what Dr Lave said. And good luck with the forum. I shall drop round when things are less hectic for me here in RL.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:19 
Honey Boo Boo

nervouspete wrote:
Moving into new children's library in March, expect a review of the new (improved?) Cardiff library in April, fact fans!

Perhaps I'd better come and laugh at the portakabins before they're gone, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:44 

Bit disingenuous, you live in Caerphilly.....

/edit I've just noticed the correlation between your avatar face and that of the pic for the last game I played on 360. And now I can't load Flatout because that'll ruin this post :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:46 
Sleepyhead

I see CUS has not changed since the last time he was posting on this here internet forum.

Check in your closet for monsters, matey.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:49 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

As people have said, a ban is a ban, so I'm banning the 'gryzor' account. I wish the new forum all the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:52 

I don't think I've ever read a forum where there is so much (non)drama on such a regular basis as there is here.

Possibly alt.digitiser, but then that was alt.digitiser.

Still, reading all the drama does get me through an hour or so with coffee and biscuits when I get back from work on a Saturday, so all to the good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 18:54 

Craster wrote:
As people have said, a ban is a ban, so I'm banning the 'gryzor' account. I wish the new forum all the best.

pwnt lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:01 

Daniel wrote:
Possibly alt.digitiser, but then that was alt.digitiser.
It's amusing to imagine what would have happened if some of the events that have made Beex kick off happened there. Funny to picture the reactions of Mentski, zygotes, or favus.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:16 
Honey Boo Boo

I don't recall a.d feuds being taken quite so seriously... it reminds me of any number of pieces of fiction where the setting and indeed the inhabitants are treacherous, violent and confident.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:23 

Actually, not confident.

All of the drama smacks of people trying desperately to protect something that really doesn't need protecting, and smothering it as a result.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:28 
INFINITE POWAH

Daniel wrote:
Actually, not confident.

All of the drama smacks of people trying desperately to protect something that really doesn't need protecting, and smothering it as a result.

I think you're over-analysing things there, chap.

Also, re this thread and the last three pages - I love the internet. Its capacity for entertainment is boundless.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:36 

Anyone want to join 'World of Talking Excellently About Kern'?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:41 

url?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:43 

Brilliantly whilst this thread happened my next door neighbour put their tv on the street with a note saying 'please take - perfect order.'

So spongy as we are, we've just gone from a 24" CRT to a 27" widescreen CRT tv. Which will do till I can afford a HDTV.

They've just bought a bravia - the lucky sods!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:44 

Kern wrote:
Anyone want to join 'WoTEAK'?

WoTEEXED that for you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:47 
Excellent Member

Yawn.

Enjoy your new forum CUS. May you and your libellous posts prosper.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:49 

Dr Lave wrote:
So spongy as we are, we've just gone from a 24" CRT to a 27" widescreen CRT tv.

That was the good Doctor's last post. Later that evening, a horde of Greek soldiers poured out of the scart sockets and massacred his hometown. The Trojan Tube claimed another bloody victory.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 19:58 
Beloved member

Craster wrote:

Now delete this thread too, to deny him the oxygen of publicity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:04 

I'd say locking would suffice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:06 
baron of techno

GovernmentYard wrote:
I'd say locking would suffice

Yup!

Purpose has been served, show over, move along now :D

edit: (I mean, as opposed to deleting it, if you have to do anything)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I'd rather not lock it. If people have things they want to say on the subject, let them do so. If not, it'll drift off the bottom of the page all on it's own.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:14 
Chinny chin chin

Shin wrote:

Also I love the way Chinny said and let people make their own mind up. What the hell do you think we are doing? Going there and threatening families if they don't join the forum? Get a clue, people don't have to join.

I don't think anybody would have objected if you'd put a big message on the forum saying "come and join", an act incidently that almost certainly would see you banned in a certain other place. Nobody would have given a toss and I for one would have wished CUS well.

Instead it looks like a conspiricy against the forum by someone who left under a cloud. I don't see what difference it makes to this forum but it just looks bad. By doing it, alll I can see is that you have a lack of trust in the members of this forum and believe there would be no goodwill.

Incidently, I think the mods made a huge mistake by taking this public. It should have been ignored.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:15 
Chinny chin chin

Craster wrote:

Best thing to do IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:17 

Craster wrote:
I'd rather not lock it. If people have things they want to say on the subject, let them do so. If not, it'll drift off the bottom of the page all on it's own.

Yeah, I think thats best too. (my comment about a sticky was too far!) but leaving it open allows the work people to get up to speed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:19 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
I don't think anybody would have objected if you'd put a big message on the forum saying "come and join", an act incidently that almost certainly would see you banned in a certain other place. Nobody would have given a toss and I for one would have wished CUS well.

I believe the above statement to be wrong. (Specifically the "[nobody] would have objected", because that's pretty unlikely.)

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Incidently, I think the mods made a huge mistake by taking this public. It should have been ignored.

I believe the above statement to be right; that's what I meant about over-protective really. It was raising an issue that wasn't one.

Ho-hum.

I've just eaten a terrific wafer/cream/praline thing from Lidl. I want another, but have got into bed because I am cold and tired and getting one of those would mean getting out of bed again and going downstairs. Bah.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:19 
Awesome
Yes

It'll be covered in Beex Weex anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 20:31 
Chinny chin chin

Daniel wrote:
I've just eaten a terrific wafer/cream/praline thing from Lidl. I want another, but have got into bed because I am cold and tired and getting one of those would mean getting out of bed again and going downstairs. Bah.

Is it the ice cream slices with a kind of chocolate biscuit either side? They are so very wrong but rather nice!

Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next