General Purpose US TV thread
It's date night
Cried at the latest episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Gaz LAUGHED IN MY FACE.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
When Jake gave Boyle's kid the garbage truck

:facepalm: :'(
Goddamn it! I want more Unexploded Politician!

One episode each week my ass!
Curiosity wrote:

I am fucking copyrighting that.
MrChris wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I am fucking copyrighting that.

It scans well to the tune of OK Go's "Television, Television".
I meant your ass

In other news, Westworld is really pretty good
Curiosity wrote:

:this:

What is this, 2005?
The modern music out of the pianola is a nice touch
MrChris wrote:
The modern music out of the pianola is a nice touch

Yes.
"Haters back off"

Genuinely the worst tv show I can remember having ever watched.

Bad beyond comprehension.
Westworld? Tattyworld.
Saturnalian wrote:
Westworld? Tattyworld.

There are almost too many tatties.It's sort of like how gynecologists must feel about vaginas.
This Is Us continues to be excellent.
MrChris wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Westworld? Tattyworld.

There are almost too many tatties.It's sort of like how gynecologists must feel about vaginas.

I think the nudity of the hosts is really well used. It's completely dehumanising, which is the point, of course.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:
Westworld? Tattyworld.

I think the nudity of the hosts is really well used. It's completely dehumanising, which is the point, of course.

Exactly, yes. You pretty much don't notice that they're naked (or if you do it's not remotely "wooo, boobs!") and the staff clearly don't either. It's very well used.
Not in my house. Every 2 minutes is "Woo boobs!"

(On a serious note, I bloody loved episode 1. It could easily have been a one-off and it'd still have been immensely satisfying.)

(Because of the tatties)
This week's B99 is the Halloween special and it's glorious. There's so much superb Holt.
What's the deal with weapons in West World? Are they real or not?
Grim... wrote:

I don't think so no. Even if only the guests had real weapons they'd just end up shooting each other.

which is why the fact that dude gives her a special gun is probably relevant
In the film they were real but couldn't be fired at people. Bullets fired by the robots also seem to hit things other than people. Some sort of smart ammo maybe.
Cras wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I don't think so no. Even if only the guests had real weapons they'd just end up shooting each other.

which is why the fact that dude gives her a special gun is probably relevant

They're real, but only work on the hosts. They physically damage the hosts, so must be real, physical bullets. I assume it's some sort of nanotech or something in the bullets that makes them harmless against the visitors.
They're not entirely harmless they just can't kill. That visitor (the bloke from Lost, is it?) gets shot in the shoulder and spun around after that bounty escapes and takes the working-girl hostage. He examines his shoulder and there was a noticeable bruise.
Saturnalian wrote:
They're not entirely harmless they just can't kill. That visitor (the bloke from Lost, is it?) gets shot in the shoulder and spun around after that bounty escapes and takes the working-girl hostage. He examines his shoulder and there was a noticeable bruise.

Well remembered, yes! So ner ner ner Craster.
Proposal: Westworld thread split. I reckon the show deserves its own thread.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Proposal: Westworld thread split. I reckon the show deserves its own thread.

Every show deserves its own thread, so that when people binge watch earlier episodes when they come to it later they can find the posts about that show instead of the huge general mess thread.
Also a valid opinion in my opinion. I dislike mega threads.
Just watch one Westworld... It is great... can we have a seperate thread?
KovacsC wrote:

Less asking, more doing.
Curiosity wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Less asking, more doing.

Title
MaliA wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Less asking, more doing.

Title

As if.
Just discovered Star Wars Lego Freemakers and Droid Tales - both gloriously funny and great fun. A lot of fun poked at the prequels too.
"Unexploded Politician: New Episode Weekly!
Ep6 available 10th November"

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Yeah, they really need to sort their shit out
I've lost interest in it. After an intriguing start it's now just "meh". Maggie Q's story line in particular is teethachingly irritating. As is she.
I might watch How I Met Your Mother from the beginning again. And Friends.
You should watch Blue Mountain State.
MrChris wrote:
I've lost interest in it. After an intriguing start it's now just "meh". Maggie Q's story line in particular is teethachingly irritating. As is she.

Oh, good. Because after two episodes I already had that vibe from it, so now I know not to bother carrying on.
Huh. I like it a lot.
It's basically 24 but with an alternate universe Jack Bauer and no set timings. I've not seen the latest episode yet, but it ticks all of the same formulaic boxes.

I find Sutherland entertaining, so will likely stick with it, despite knowing that the real bad guys are still probably half a series away from even appearing.
Caught up with Unexploded Politician now, due to them not understanding the concept of weekly. Still ridiculous, but fun. It's also really well shot; lots of really stylised framing and cinematography.

Also fun to put the titular character in moral dilemmas inspired by the recent US election, sacrificing some of his moral belief for the greater good and all that.

I'd much rather it not be, like, 24 episodes long though.
Just watched the first episode of the expanse, very good so far. Mrs W says it's got better acting, more drama and more betterer everything than bloody independence day 2: the independencening. She correct.
I've seen a few more of them and they're all pretty good so far! Not too SciFi - just a sci fi setting for a good detective / politics story.
The Expanse is very good. It's also a show that has the confidence to not give you all the pieces up front, which I liked a lot.
The expanse was ace. Took the right amount from the books and went its own way. Thomas Jane was ace. Can't wait for next series.

Westworld is fricking awesome, maeve in particular.
This is a very good TV show that deserves your time: The Good Place
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt4955642/
So, up to Series 7 of Alway Sunny.

Chardee MacDennis was brilliant.

Also, Narcos is superb, so watch that, too.
Narcos was great. Loved Pablo's collection of shit jumpers.
markg wrote:
Narcos was great. Loved Pablo's collection of shit jumpers.

They were great, weren't they? I am very much hoping that the ending meant they're setting up
Jave to have series 3 vs the Cali cartel.
Page 104 of 174 [ 8690 posts ]