And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Battle of the Songs: - Rules
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 16:59 
Isn't that lovely?

Rules:

Structure:

Participants are divided in to two groups of 6, which group you are in was determined by the scores you gave each theme, if you did not provide a preference you were randomly allocated a group (I initially used Excel to create a random score between 0 and 5 for both themes, and assigned you to the group that scored the highest. Once one group had 6 members, I assigned the rest to the other group). As such the groups are as follows:

Group A:
Curiosity
GazChap
Kovacs
Mr Chonks
Pundabya
TheVision

Group B:
Davpaz
Findus Fop
JBR
Jem
Kern
Malia

Each week, each member will pick a song based on a given theme, to do this you will message me either a link to the song on youtube or you will upload the song to the forum (using this link: http://www.fullonrobotchubby.co.uk/playa2/ ) , and provide the link to that.

Once I have all the songs for that week, I will post 2 new topics per group, each with a Eurovision style poll. One poll will be for your favourite song, and the second poll will be for how well the song fit the theme.

The number of votes awarded in both polls will be added together, league Points will be then be awarded as per the F1 points system in use between 1991 and 2002 multiplied by 3 (30 for 1st place, 18 for 2nd, 12 for 3rd, 9 for 4th, 6 for 5th and 3 for 6th)

Your position in the table will be determined by your accumulated points total over the weeks that you are in the competition, however, there will be a weighting factor to prioritise more recent weeks.

So your league points will be determined by how many points you scored this week +2/3rds of the points from the previous week + 1/3rd of the points scored 2 weeks ago. (points scored 3+ weeks ago don't count for towards your current score).

The one exception to this is in week 2, where your league score will be based on 100% of the points scored in week 1 and week 2

Elimination:

In the first week, no one will be eliminated, but from week 2 onwards, the player in last place will be eliminated from the competition.

In the event of a tie breaker, then the person who scored the fewest points in the most recent round will be eliminated, if that is still tied, the round(s) before will be taken into account, if there is still a tie breaker after that, then whomever has the lowest points awarded in their combined theme votes will be eliminated.

Each week 2 people will be eliminated, they will play off against each other to see who finishes where in the minor places, the eliminated will get to choose the theme for the other group for the following week.

When the groups are down to 3 people in each, they will be merged into 1 group, all points will carry over into this new group, and eliminations will continue one per week, until there are 2 people left in the competition.

Themes:

At anytime anyone can suggest a theme in the theme suggestion thread, each week I will create a topic with a poll in to select the best theme from these suggestions (the lowest voted themes will not be re-suggested). Then the eliminated players will chose one of the top 5 themes to be selected for the next weeks theme.

I think that's everything, if I have missed anything, or you want anything clarifying, then please let me know.

Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs: - Rules
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 19:39 

Silly question, but are we supposed to be voting for the songs in our own group, too?

I did last week (as did Jem, apparently) but it's just occurred to me that this might not be right?

Post subject: Re: Battle of the Songs: - Rules
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 22:52 
Isn't that lovely?

Yeah, feel free to vote in all the polls for anyone you like.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]