The clittycally-insane Cull of Jewty 4 Mordor Wharfe Hare
IGN.COM - 9/10
I was using the shouldered RPG perk, not the M4/M16 over/under grenade launcher.
LaceSensor wrote:
I was using the shouldered RPG perk, not the M4/M16 over/under grenade launcher.

I always find it terribly difficult to kill people with those, but incredible fun when it hits someone in the face!
Ah right, only got to level 3 last night. Man, I hate being teh n00bian.
Zardoz wrote:
Ah right, only got to level 3 last night. Man, I hate being teh n00bian.

You'll soon be flying through them.

:)
Yeah, once you get to level 55 you can do them all again! And again! And.. x11!
I seemed to be improving with each battle last night. There was a lot to take in at first but I was just about finding my feet by the time I had to go to Bedford. Can't wait to open up some of the extras. Was the fact I had no map pack a pain then?

85% (+10% Dave & Dimrill kill bonus)
Zardoz wrote:
I seemed to be improving with each battle last night. There was a lot to take in at first but I was just about finding my feet by the time I had to go to Bedford. Can't wait to open up some of the extras. Was the fact I had no map pack a pain then?

85% (+10% Dave & Dimrill kill bonus)

It depends... some people don't like the new maps.

I do though. They're aces (apart from Chinatown, though I am starting to get the hang of it).
It's no biggy not having the map pack. I didn't have it for quite a while (due to not having my own xbox as it was being repaired, mainly). We can always play the "normal" maps untill you feel like stumping up the points. I did the whole of 13 to 14 last night, which wasn't bad considering we did a lot of Private matches (private matches don't earn XP).

I love Last Stand, it's my favourite perk so far. I know Dimdims loves it too, don't you, Dimdims ;)
Shut yer sheep face, poo breath.
Sheepeh wrote:
I love Last Stand, it's my favourite perk so far. I know Dimdims loves it too, don't you, Dimdims ;)

FFS, you got me twice with Last Stand. I'm going to shoot you until you're beyond dead in future.

Much more enjoyable last night than the night before.
Because I was there, innit.
Zardoz wrote:
Because I was there, innit.

...and I wasn't...
Can I suggest we don't have private matches then until I'm at least level 42.

*Slaps bass*
Upper limit of players on ranked matches is 8, though :(
And we'll get kicked from any public matches for Zards not having the map pack.
And anything over 6 players we have to play Ground War, which isn't the funnest game mode.
So?

Tough titties.

Whatever, Richard.
myoptika wrote:
And anything over 6 players we have to play Ground War, which isn't the funnest game mode.

It's quite hit and miss. Some of the more epic games we've had involved Domination matches. There were a couple of great ones on Backlot and a bona fide classic on Bloc where Richard *expletive deleted*wood got the top score despite relatively few kills by routinely braving the barrage of grenades to sit in the middle of the level and capture 'B'.

That said, the ones where we get pwnerized by a proper clan are often less fun.
Curiosity wrote:
a bona fide classic on Bloc where Richard *expletive deleted*wood got the top score despite relatively few kills by routinely braving the barrage of grenades to sit in the middle of the level and capture 'B'.
Yeah. That game ROCKED ALL YOUR FACES and you know it.
I love the epic games, to be honest. Even if I die a lot. Playing a game on Private is fun as I get to shoot Myoptika and we can have a proper bit of banter at the end without getting talked shouted made funny noises at.

I do love the xp getting though because the perks are such a nice addition to the game.
squirtsquirtsquirt?
I love all games that don't have Dimrill hiding in a dark basement and repeatedly shanking me in the face.
I laughed lots and lots when I killed you in Granny's Barn on overgrown, moved to a different corner, only to have you come in again and pelt the previous corner with bullets before me getting you again :DD
Dimrill wrote:
I laughed lots and lots when I killed you in Granny's Barn on overgrown, moved to a different corner, only to have you come in again and pelt the previous corner with bullets before me getting you again :DD

I hate you Dimmers.

:kiss:
Zardoz wrote:
Was the fact I had no map pack a pain then?

Not at all, I just like moaning about it due to the way accusatory red text splurges all over everyones screens
Craster wrote:

How would they know? It only tells you before you enter a game lobby.
I've had this for over a week now and it hasn't seen the inside of my 360.

Rockband's fault.
Mr Dave wrote:
Craster wrote:

How would they know? It only tells you before you enter a game lobby.

Oh, really? I assumed that was what had happened in the first game last night - we all joined the game, they got told they couldn't use the map pack maps and so they booted us all.
Nah, I was Mother and brung us into a private match because of the sheer volume of Bezzies online.
Aye I think it just looks for groups that also have the map pack to join, so others teams getting pissed at us won't happen

As before I had the map pack you would be marked unjoinable if you were all map packers.

Don't fret it Zardox I didn't have it and it just makes Mr Dave tease you.

Also Domination is my favourite mode. I actually feel useful guarding a flag. Which makes a change.
With all this discussion, it seems certain that there will be some Granny's Call of Duty 4 action tonight.

:D
Lave wrote:
Don't fret it Zardox I didn't have it and it just makes Mr Dave tease you.

I am an awful tease.

Quote:
Also Domination is my favourite mode. I actually feel useful guarding a flag. Which makes a change.

I also quite like it, on certain maps.

I can pretty much be guaranteed two claymore kills as a defender, which I like.

Plus, having used them briefly when I started, I've now found Smoke grenades to be incredibly useful. I am now quite sad I can't hold three of them on one of my classes.

I managed to get 4 captures just by putting down a smoke grenade on the capture point. (Once witnessed a couple of grenades fly in, so disposed of the source and then went for a capture. Go me.
Smoke grenades are rarely as useful as stun/blind, unless you're trying to create a distraction or plant a bomb/capture a flag. Then they can be super awesome.

That said, even when used like that, I just tend to throw grenades at any smoke I can see. Gets a few kills.

Oh I did something new that worked quite well on china town a while back. I was defending B by hiding in the far corner facing the door and also down the street. Now instead of claymoring the openings or the flag I claymored me - both just either side of me.

It was being attacked massively and I managed to kill two people who ran up to me to knife me whilst I was shooting the other direction.
Curiosity wrote:
Smoke grenades are rarely as useful as stun/blind, unless you're trying to create a distraction or plant a bomb/capture a flag. Then they can be super awesome.

That said, even when used like that, I just tend to throw grenades at any smoke I can see. Gets a few kills.

My experiences with the stun/blind are that I either get myself, or the opponent is entirely unaffected. I can think of a couple of times they didn't work yesterday. One I chucked one right in Dimrills face (He was lying in a small room). Killcam? No effect, despite seeing the grenade explode reasonably close in it.

They do appear to be remarkably good for robbing an enemy of his grenades though.
My favourite use of stun grenades is to lob one, and then IMMEDIATELY follow it with a frag grenade. If the stun hits someone, they won't be able to move away from the frag in time, no matter how hard they try.

:D
Oh yeah, when watching the 'Killcam' last night I noticed some people had blue / weird colour camo guns. What's all that about?
You get the diffy camos for getting x number of headshots with them.
You get them for doing a certain amount of headshots with a the gun you want the camo for.

They help on certain maps.

But you only get to choose camos when you get to create a class.
My answer if fuller than Dimrills and therefore better.

:titler:
I like the info in your reply Dave, but think Dimrills tone is warmer.
You get 'desert' and, 'woodland' ones as default.

After 25 headshots with that gun you can have black and white digital camo.

After 75 you get the Blue Tiger camo, and after 150 you get Red Tiger. They're not great at camoflaguing you, really, holding a big red gun, but it's a sign of how awesome you are, I suppose.

I nicked a Golden Uzi off some lad the other day. It looked freaking awesome!
Zardoz wrote:
I like the info in your reply Dave, but think Dimrills tone is warmer.

Sorry, weren't you the one who claimed it was a virtue to put on an act of "super-arrogance" in order to attract women; then claimed anyone who suggested that you'd got women by putting on an act should tell that to your wife, so you could justify punching them in the face? And then followed that macho-moron act up with some pathetic joke about how we should all pat you on the head because apparently you were a big boy now, and "getting some"?

And now I expect you to argue how that's just online, and opinions formed online don't count as accurate and... blah blah blah. And I'm supposed to respect all this shallow and hypocritical bullshit? I think not. And you can think what you like about that too.
See! You can do it!
You're supposed to just say "ur ghey fagot" or something aren't you?
kalmar wrote:
You're supposed to just say "ur ghey fagot" or something aren't you?

I assume he was doing Titler who, for all his other sins, was unfailingly erudite.
Indeed, I was quoting Titler verbatim. Going off on some irrelevant topic for some small slight.
I've been giving the single-player campaign a go this morning. 'All Ghillied Up' is awesome, but I'm stuck on the next mission (the flashback one where you assassinate that dude).

I can't seem to hold off the twats by the ferris wheel before the chopper arrives. They always outflank me and my sniper rifle is useless at close range, natch.
Dimrill wrote:
squirtsquirtsquirt?

Squirt..squirt?
Page 15 of 44 [ 2199 posts ]