Aces of the Galaxy
Better than fanny
Get XBLA demo now. nownownow. Shooty goodness. Pretty shooty goodness.
I might have to give it another try. I've just had one brief go of it and while it's pretty, it's basically After Burner in space (I think Galaxy Force was also After Burner in space mind you) and got bored before the end of the first level.
yep, nice game. visually a bit confusing but that sort of adds to the frantic charm. decent in co-op as well.

the huge asteroids can fuck off though.
Bluce_Ree wrote:
yep, nice game. visually a bit confusing but that sort of adds to the frantic charm. decent in co-op as well.

the huge asteroids can fuck off though.

Agree with all of that. Later on you can get twatted by asteroids that you have simply no chance of avoiding.

The slow-mo feature is a bit lame but then there may be a way of extracting more benefits out of it I haven't figured out yet.
also the powerup system is odd as I think you can only have one weapon powered-up at any time.
yup, didn't see any news about a new xbla game this week, but then looked in the store and found this gem, cool sound too
I like this. A shooter I can play without dying lots.
Impressive from what I've seen so far. A definite maybe.
I wasn't impressed at all, I'm afraid. I've never really enjoyed into the screen shooty games, and there was nothing in the demo to take my fancy.

MORE VERTICAL SHMUPS PLZ XBOX LIVE KTHXBYE.
myoptika wrote:
I like this. A shooter I can play without dying lots.

Is it actually a shmup, though? It sounds like an on-rails Panzer Dragoon type affair (which would also be fabby). :p
Fair enough, Panzer/Starfox haters need not apply.
Oh aye, just got the demo. It's deffo more like Star Fox! :D
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]