In light of incoming Mafia game...
How do PMs work on this forum?
I have tried to PM a member, and all that happens is the message goes to my outbox. Does that mean its delivered? This obviously has 2 purposes - to inform me how it actually works, and to ensure myself and others have fun playing Mafia Scum.
LaceSensor wrote:
I have tried to PM a member, and all that happens is the message goes to my outbox. Does that mean its delivered? This obviously has 2 purposes - to inform me how it actually works, and to ensure myself and others have fun playing Mafia Scum.
I think this means the other person hasn't read it yet.
Also, remember only Mafia are allowed to PM.
LaceSensor wrote:

It sits in your outbox until the person you sent it to picks it up - then it disappears. It's to let you know when it's been read.
And also allows you to edit it if it hasn't been delivered.
LaceSensor wrote:

He's clearly Mafia!

VOTE : LaceSensor
Hmm...that PM system actually works. Would save a lot of 'OMG I didn't want to send that' panics were real email to operate like that. Retraction of drunken texts being another matter altogether.
Kern wrote:
Hmm...that PM system actually works. Would save a lot of 'OMG I didn't want to send that' panics were real email to operate like that. Retraction of drunken texts being another matter altogether.

Of course, it only works because the forum controls both endpoints, which wouldn't be the case with email.
Right there is why most "how to fix email and destroy spam" plans fail: a basic overlooking of the fact that email is an open system with no central control.
oh well never mind the ignorant recipient doesnt feel the need to reply.

thanks for the answers tho.
and im not mafia....at least, not yet...
LaceSensor wrote:
oh well never mind the ignorant recipient doesnt feel the need to reply.

I have at least five PMs I need to reply to, but between being really busy at home and my wireless bit on my router deciding to stop working I've not had chance to reply to them doing them justice.

*needs some 48 hour days*
I'll reply to them for you!
I'll reply to Dudley's to make sure he doesn't get too far behind while he's replying to yours.
I'd reply to Myop's, but he never gets any.

Also, :hat:
Jasmine secretly hates us all!

I am hopeless at replying to messages, although my track record here is far better than my personal email one, which in turn is 500 times better than my letter-writing one.
sinister agent wrote:
I am hopeless at replying to messages

Ah, don't bother checking mine, sir, they're all malicious. Specifically, I think I wrote quite extensively of my strong dislike and distaste for your cobbler.
His cobbler is awesome!
/bans
sinister agent wrote:
Jasmine secretly hates us all!

I am hopeless at replying to messages, although my track record here is far better than my personal email one, which in turn is 500 times better than my letter-writing one.

psh! I was thinking this Sunday but have been asked to do a presentaion at my interview on Tuesday so may need to make it the Sunday after. Anything not needed can be passed on if she likes - I leave it with her. :)

There, that's you sorted anyway... :smug:
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ]