Britain's Got Talent
Spoilers within
How the fuck did that kid win?

This isn't normally the sort of stuff I watch, but somehow I've caught a lot of this. I expected Escala to win, or one of the singing kids. I hoped Signature might win, because they were properly funny.

But still: "Wrong winner, Britain!"
Escala are just a carbon copy of Bond. A damned good one of course but still, hardly original.

The kid was certainly "good" but the 12 year old girl singer was more remarkable and Signature virtually unquestionably a better "Royal Variety" act.
I voted for Signature, but I think George was a worthy winner. His routine was spectacular.
You voted? Goodness.
I liked the asian guys who did the dancing to Mickey J. That was funny.
Yah, they were Signature.
Is it just me or do only singers ever win this sort of show? Cowell must be dead chuffed about that one as it means he can make his winners rush a covers album out aimed at the "old grannies" market and watch as everyone falls head over heels to buy it.
MarzSyndrome wrote:
Is it just me or do only singers ever win this sort of show? Cowell must be dead chuffed about that one as it means he can make his winners rush a covers album out aimed at the "old grannies" market and watch as everyone falls head over heels to buy it.

Didn't a dancer win this year?
I only caught the end of this, and was massively disappointed. The winning kid was too fast, and had absolutely no grace to his act; he just went at it like a loon. If David Elesewhere was dead, he'd be bending in his grave.

Signature looked ace from the recap I saw.
I walked in on about 5 minutes of this. The Cheeky Monkeys I didn't see their act but I *know* I need to hit them. Signiture were completely ace, I actually stayed in the room to see the whole act even though I just poppped in to get some sweets...

Also the guy with the football the other night was good.
Curiosity wrote:
MarzSyndrome wrote:

Didn't a dancer win this year?

Yup. Cowell gets first refusal on a contract as soon as they walk on stage to do their first audition.
Oooops. Just goes to show how much I know about this year's contestants. I got the kid's name confused with that opera singer one who had a "bullying" story to back him.
I hope he's bullied more for getting beaten.
"If you vote for me *sniff* it'll be like I've finally beaten the bullies..."
Oh, fuck off!
I couldn't believe that kid won. As far as I could tell from the clips on BBC Breakfast News* the kid just went up on stage and had a prolonged seizure.

*And as an aside, why the gibbering fuck is someone winning a reality TV show considered news these days? "A kid dancing won Britain's Got Haemorrhoids and some weird woman won that show here on BBC 1 that Andrew Lloyd-Webber uses for free advertising. Oooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! Hurrah! And in other news, two kids were stabbed to death in South London". For fuck's sake.
BBC Breakfast news has never been news, in fact you notice they don't even call it news these days, it's just "BBC Breakfast". I'm actually quite astonished OFCOM still allows the majority of it to be simulcast on the BBC News Channel.
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]