Sparrows
And what they like
Fuck me, they eat a lot. I filled the bird feeded up late last night with extra special food for them, and they've eaten/dropped half of it already.

EDIT: Also, Sally Sparrow

They do not appear to like the black sunflower seeds very much, but probably as they can't see them very well compared to the other stuff.

Also, I have no intention of minigunning htem down as I like them. They are my friends.

ITT Mali A turns into mad old spinster.
I dunno about sparrows, but Great Tits like coconuts.

* snigger *
I will ask the lady what she thinks:

They seem to enjoy the fat balls we put out for them.
I saw a load of Starlings eating a pile of sick once.
House Sparrows are in massive decline - I remember seeing a program about it on TV once, so you will be doing good by feeding them.

I'd suggest loose seed somewhere high up but sheltered so it doesn't all blow away, and where no cats can get to them, if you are able to set such a thing up. Sparrows will eat things like bags of nuts and those fat feeders, but seem to more readily eat the seed.

Quote:
The House Sparrow's diet is diverse: seeds, nuts, berries, buds, insects and scraps, etc.

The House Sparrow will eat just about anything: sunflower hearts, high energy seed, peanuts, suet, kitchen scraps, etc. In fact, as reported in the BTO's Garden Birdwatch Handbook, research in the 1940 found 838 different types of food in the dissected stomachs of house sparrows.

from http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birds/housesparrow.htm
Tmuk wrote:
I saw a load of Starlings eating a pile of sick once.

Starlings remind of the UKQML in the late 90s I wonder if that's archived somewhere...

Malc
Awesomesauce.

Thanks.
Interesting, the sparrows, after dropping the seeds on the floor, let the pigeons eat them.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]