Choose your own adventure
Well, mine, to be honest.
Well, I'm stuck. I truly am. I have no idea what to do once I leave here. I have booked a tete a tete with the careers advice people, and banged up about 9 different versions of my CV. But, after being out of the 'looking for gainful employment' loop for 6 years or so, I am really stuck.

I'm not sure what I wish to do until I retire/die horribly in a space shuttle crash and things.

I've been a research scientist for 6 years, I speak German and French and I'm quite good at explaining complex things so people can understand them and get along well with people.

I'm half tempted to go back to edumacation and learn another language.

Any ideas?
What employment have you had in the past?
My brother in law went straight from being a research biochemist to accountancy - so it's pretty easy to wildly change things about.
CUS wrote:
What employment have you had in the past?

Temped as front desk at a redevelopment trust and other mickey mouse student jobs.
What are you interested in?

If you're still not sure, go for a holiday somewhere (it can be an english town if money's a problem) and just chat to everyone you see. They'll give you ideas.
Make and sell virtual penises.
Big Brother contestant.
I'd have to go for 'Deathtrap Dungeon'.

Oh, sorry. :nerd:
What's your skill and stamina? If I roll 12 will you have decent attack power? Etc.
My friend got a job as a translator earing £75 per hour. That was with German/Polish/English, from my experience a lot of companies will look at your CV and if you have a GCSE in a foreign language, let alone being fluent in one, they will give you a chance. It is much easier to teach someone a job role than to get them to learn a foreign language so think big dude.
Become a motorcycle instructor. Though you'll need to buy a ridiculously huge bike with a full set of panniers and a topbox, to carry around sandwiches and giant thermoseseses of tea.
I'm at home today, about to embark on 3 days of intensive labour hunting.

Was going to go down to London for this NATS thing, but I'm not working 6 months for 10k pa as a trainee. That and the people applying for it seemed to be illiterate fucktards, from readding pprune.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]