Gamestation retro returns policy
Do you know it?
Hi everybody. Nice forum you have here.

Anyway, I bought a "retro" console from Gamestation a couple of days ago, and have since decided that I'll never go on it, and that it's a stupid waste of money, and that old games are never as good as I remember, and that I want to return it.

Can I just take it back to them and tell them I don't want it? Or I do I have to pretend that it's broken or something? Do they even check old consoles? Could I just say that it's "dodgy", or that it's got a funny smell or something? Maybe that it was already caked in feces when I bought it? HOW WOULD THEY KNOW!?!?!?

All answers appreciated. Thanks in advance.
These are the terms and conditions when ordering online. I'd imagine the same terms apply when purchasing from a shop.

Quote:
You may also cancel your order up to fourteen (14) days after delivery of the order to you. You may do so by contacting Us or, alternatively, by returning the products to any Gamestation store, in accordance with the provisions below.

Unless items are damaged or faulty when delivered, you may only cancel your order if:

1. in the case of new software and/or hardware the items are as new, in a saleable condition, unused (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them), undamaged and, in the case of any game or other computer software, provided that it is still in the original sealed packaging; and

2. in the case of pre-owned software and/or hardware the items are in the same condition they were in when we delivered them to you, have not been used by you (except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them), are undamaged and, in the case of any game or other computer software, provided that it is still in the original sealed packaging (if applicable).
If they don't take it back, ask on here - there may well be someone interested in it.
I'l ask my friend; S/HE HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH gamestation WHATSOEVER, OH NO. NONE. Is this ASAP!?! information?
I belive you only get time to return from their website due to distance selling laws in this country giving you a legal cooloff period. I'd imagine if you bought it from their shop, you'd have to rely on the staff being in a good mood, if it's not broken.

As Ste says though, it may pay you to advertise it here. I already own a full compliment of retro consoles, personally, but I'm betting someone here might be interested.
I believe that Gamestation do a 10 day no-quibble returns policy. I remember accidentally buying a 2nd copy of Simpsons Hit and Run for my Gamecube and was able to return it for a refund toot sweet.
Dimrill wrote:
I believe that Gamestation do a 10 day no-quibble returns policy. I remember accidentally buying a 2nd copy of Simpsons Hit and Run for my Gamecube and was able to return it for a refund toot sweet.

That's long dead thanks to being abused by twats.

If new, you can return it if shrinkwrapped, they're supposed to put a sealed on boxed pre-owned items, god knows what they do with unboxed consoles.
Gosh darn it. Why do people ruin everything?!?!!
Dimrill wrote:
Gosh darn it. Why do people ruin everything?!?!!

Because people, in general, are cunts. Hurrah, I'm having a happy day.
Quote:
Which Gamestation store is it?

They test consoles if you bring them back as faulty... she'll just look like an idiot and possibly get herself barred. Tell her to just ask nicely.

Ergo, lie and say your mother (who you bought it as a present for) already has 6.

EDIT! NEWS JUST IN:
Quote:
She can exchange uder the "10day exchange" or get store credit if they offer it. Apart from that though if it's over the 10 days then it's trading in for her!
Yeah, it's Game, not Gamestation, that ditched the returns policy due to abuse-by-cunts, despite the two being the same company.

I'm kind of surprised really, as in my experience it really was horiffically abused. I always remember once, on one of my rare Sundays off, popping in to a local car boot sale just as a random thing to do and seeing lots of horrified looking regular customers selling tonnes and tonnes of copied PS2 games. So they weren't all faulty then, eh?
so which console was it, and are you sure we can't give you nice tips for great games for it?
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]