help Mimi identify a memory-me-do
...a memory of crows
Hello excellent chums!

I am in a pickle, because I half a half forgotten memory of a crow. A crow in an overcoat. It may be a detective's overcoat, but I have a funny feeling that he was a bit shifty; a bit DelBoy-ish if not just downright deceitful. he may have been wearing a hat, maybe a hat that had a betting slip in the hat band... He was black (being a crow) but he had a yellow beak, I think.

I have thought that it might have been from:

Captain Beaky
A Kia Ora commercial
Disney's Dumbo

Or more vaguely:

A comic Strip
Children's cartoon

But I can find the character I am looking for. I took a picture yesterday and just looked at it, and it looks just like said crow (but without the overcoat, or hat) and I can't get the picture of this character out of my mind, but can't figure out where he was from.

EDIT: to clarify - just read the first main paragraph through and might not have made it clear that I was talking about a CARTOON crow :S
Isn't it someone out of Danger Mouse?
Ooh, maybe, let me check...
Gosh, you're right! You are good :!:

Thankyou soooo much myopticalfriend! That would have bugged me all evening long :)

Stiletto, from DangerMouse?

<edit> apparently, yes. Pipped by Myp, again! </edit>
Case crowsed!
Eggsellent work you two.
I think we've done all these same puns before. Not that they're tiresome, or anything. ;)
Mimi wrote:
Hello excellent chums!

I am in a pickle, because I half a half forgotten memory of a crow. A crow in an overcoat. It may be a detective's overcoat, but I have a funny feeling that he was a bit shifty; a bit DelBoy-ish if not just downright deceitful. he may have been wearing a hat, maybe a hat that had a betting slip in the hat band... He was black (being a crow) but he had a yellow beak, I think.

Sounds like Stileto from Dangermouse.
sorry, what I meant to say was:

I love these yolks! I think we should gather them all tofeather and compile an albumen.
Thanks, Chinny! Don't know what we'd do without you!
As soon as you said Crow in an overcoat my mind took me back to when I was a kid and had some Danger Mouse toys.. I'm just a little too late with my answer.

Anyway, isn't Baron Greenback (the big, bad toad fellow) an awesome name?

In other cartoon news.. The American version of Superted had a bad guy bin man called "Dumping Jack Trash". That too is awesome.
I don't think it would ever have occurred to me that it was Danger Mouse. When Myoptika said it I was trying to picture it but wasn't sure if I was just putting the picture together in my mind, but no, I would never have got the answer alone. You all have great memories :D
Mimi wrote:
Gosh, you're right! You are good :!:

Thankyou soooo much myopticalfriend! That would have bugged me all evening long :)

The mention of Del Boy jogged my memory and made me remember that David Jason did the voices for Danger Mouse. I wasn't 100% sure, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

What a team!
Hehe, I didn't think of that. Super work!
Now, all go and play Danger Mouse in the Black Forest Chateau, the excellent 8-bit multiple-choice-adventure. It's sort of like a Choose Your Own Adventure that isn't so linear, or a Fighting Fantasy minus all the combat, and a top way to start the day / while away a boring work day.

Image Image
Might it be Stilleto, from Dangermouse?
Not been going as well for Baron Greenback recently.
Curiosity wrote:
Might it be Stilleto, from Dangermouse?

Hmmm, I'm not so sure, let me check.

By golly, Curiosity, you're right! How on earth did you pull that one from the back of your memory?!
CUS wrote:
Now, all go and play Danger Mouse in the Black Forest Chateau, the excellent 8-bit multiple-choice-adventure. It's sort of like a Choose Your Own Adventure that isn't so linear, or a Fighting Fantasy minus all the combat, and a top way to start the day / while away a boring work day.

Image Image

I had that on the speccy. It was great. It taught me what moonshine was.
Quote:
A Kia Ora commercial

I liked those commercials as a kid, I'll be your dog and so on and so on.
I haven't seen Kia Ora around for years either, though its probably still made.
Bear or Bust wrote:
Quote:
A Kia Ora commercial

I liked those commercials as a kid, I'll be your dog and so on and so on.
I haven't seen Kia Ora around for years either, though its probably still made.

Possibly because it was racist?
Though it actually still exists, it seems:
http://www.coca-cola.co.uk/ourbrands/default.aspx?ID=50
For you, Bear or Bust:

For years, I was convinced that there was a flavour of that called Um GobNob.

For years also now, I have wanted to perform an OTT power ballad version of this beautiful number:
Next time we're having a GTA race, we're singing that.
CUS wrote:
For years also now, I have wanted to perform an OTT power ballad version of this beautiful number:

Sir, this is my favourite advert song EVER, as my family take delight in pointing out I used to sing it all the time when it was on.

And you are scaring me now. You are me and I pay myself £5.
If I'm being honest (and gluttonous), advertising a chocoalte bar to me as "not spoiling your appetite" is like saying "it's shit".

I LIKE TO BE FED. (But yes, I did love that song. I also vividly remember the aerial construction of the milky way, oddly.
Is it Stiletto from Danger Mouse?
myoptika wrote:
Is it Stiletto from Danger Mouse?

No.
Quote:
For you, Bear or Bust:

Yes, thats great, also while looking around youtube I found this from when I was younger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6hnqPrb4M
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ]