Things you don't like
as much as everyone else
Curiosity wrote:
Chris Moyles

Yeah, TBH.
I thought you were Chris Moyles?
Grim..., you are a bit beardy beery man who drives a big vehicle, is heading off to Paris on a bank holiday, and lives in London. And who doesn't like Monty Python.

OBVIOUSLY, you like Chris Moyles. You're like 'the type' and everything.
CUS wrote:
who drives a big vehicle

Three, actually.
Grim... wrote:
CUS wrote:
who drives a big vehicle

Three, actually.

...and there's me having to lug a television up a hill on my own...

:'(
Yup. Any of them would have helped.
You should have called.

[edit]Oh bugger, I got a Rover 620ti last week too, so four.
So, that's three threads today that Grim... has caused to go off-topic, so we can talk about his bloody Range Rover! That's exactly how it happened, too.
Bwahahahah t'was you, you fool!
And I haven't mentioned my Range Rover... CURSES!

(The Rover 620 is a saloon car)
(Also I can't think what the other two were. Wasn't one the bits and bobs thread?)
[edit]Why yes it was. And the other one was in a thread called 'racing cars', but it is a racing car. And the last one was you. Just then. So I thumb my nose at you.
Grim... wrote:
And the last one was you.

You really are rubbish at this whole 'jokes' thing. :p GO BACK TO CHRIS MOYLES, RANGEY!
nervouspete wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Opera

Fat women or web browser?

The one with fat shreikers going on about dead fags and shit.

I quite like opera.

As do I. And crowded, noisy pubs. And football. Hence, that world cup with Nessun Dorma as the theme was pretty much heaven for me.
Cars. I have absolutely no idea how anyone could think cars were interesting, or tell one apart from another, or devote significant parts of their life to them. It's all baffling to me. And I have no idea why someone would actively want to drive unless they really had to. You could die! You could get all smashed up on the side of a road, and it's statistically slightly likely that you will! What are you doing, car-person!?

Also Grand Theft Auto.
Multiplayer, and its good friend 'Infinite-lives-respawn-just-behind-the-other-player cheaty' co-op.
Beards.

Lots of people here seem to like them, I do not.

I do not like kissing people with beards. I did once, it was horrible, like trying to go apple bobbing in a barrel of steel wool.
But... beards are excellent!
Baked Beans
Fish & Chips
Mushy Peas
Traditional Sunday Roast
Anything mashed unless browned to a crisp in an oven on a shepherd's pie
Cider
Telly
iPods
Ringtones
Girls Aloud (in looks)
Cocaine
Getting Taxis or buses when you could walk it in less than three quarters of an hour. Especially in the summer.
Radiohead this millennium
Goatboy wrote:
Baked Beans
Fish & Chips
Mushy Peas
Traditional Sunday Roast
Anything mashed unless browned to a crisp in an oven on a shepherd's pie
Cider

Are you French?
Only when I kiss

/edit: I may be British, and an Englishman at that, but that doesn't mean I have to conform to some sort of stereotype and pretend like everyone else that I enjoy this protestant joy vacuum they call 'traditional British nosh'. Stuff such as baked beans and mushed things I literally can't keep in my mouth sometimes, while your sunday roast or fish supper is something I've had INCREDIBLE examples of in my time but in general such dishes are so bland and unpleasant I can't see why anyone would choose one over other fast food, or another main sunday meal option. If I'm having a roast, I'll have a massive gobfull of stuffing (which is usually boring sage and onion flavour) with each mouthful of boiled veg (foul) or roasted meat (plain). After all, everyone just wants it all to taste of gravy anyway. Then they laugh at me for having to have either HP Sauce or Stuffing in each mouthful. Well fuck you, you nonces. I'm frying some pancetta and mushrooooms in rosemary and worcester sauce for a home-made pizza and there's more taste in one mouthful of that than in your whole painstakingly prepared apology for having too much pre-reformation fun.

It's no wonder children think McDonalds is food if a typical roast I've ever been served in the best we can do to show them the way.

As for Cider - I work with alcoholics, so I see enough of it all day. Plus, why have apple alcopops when you can have real ale? There's just no point. You might as well drink ordinary Carling or Fosters. And in particular this magners and shit... why does Ireland always export the most annoying, tacky shite like that and the Cranberries and Ronan Keating and Bono and those indie bands? All the good stuff is still over there, being enjoyed in secret. If you drink Magners, I can probably get your missus to blow me, because she's not impressed with you anymore. Even if you own the Magners factory. Or the sewage processing plant, as they call it over in Oireland, begorrah so they do.
On cider - good cider is amazing stuff, as different from Strongbow or Magners as Old Peculiar is from Fosters. The dry stuff especially is nothing like an alcopop!
Cornish cider in Cornwall I'll drink.
vegetables wrote:
Cars. I have absolutely no idea how anyone could think cars were interesting, or tell one apart from another, or devote significant parts of their life to them. It's all baffling to me. And I have no idea why someone would actively want to drive unless they really had to.

This. Though less so on the last bit. I can kind of see why people like driving (although not people in England, because there's nowhere in most of the country to drive for pleasure for more than ten seconds without just winding up as fodder for a sneering Michael Beueuerk).
Driving I can understand anyone hating, but motoring is something only the speed-phobic could ever disparage. Glide through Wales with judicious use of gears to keep it cantering at your desired pace is as life affirming as looking down and seeing Cate Blanchett with a pierced tongue winking up at you.
Goatboy wrote:
looking down and seeing Cate Blanchett with a pierced tongue winking up at you.

So you can shake her violently and scream "WHY CAN'T YOU SPELL YOUR OWN NAME, YOU ARSE?"?
Mimi wrote:
Beards.

Dimrill wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Beards.

:'( :o :'(
Family Guy (the South Park episode put it better than anyone could)
Facebook (what's the point?)
Dyeing your hair blonde if you're a woman
Football
Cranberry flavoured stuff
Pubs with loud music or live bands and nowhere to sit
good ones. I'll go for Family Guy too.
ALL social networking sites that aren't this one.
Pubs that aren't nice and quiet, cosy, with grey old men sitting in corners drinking scrumpy.
EDF
Also cars. Lumps of metal filled with chemicals.
Plackky num nums
'placky num nums'?

Who speaks Dimrillian? I know that num nums means boobs, now - what does 'placky' mean?
Plastic. He doesn't like plastic boobs. Dimrill is opposed to cosmetic surgery. He'd rather play with a balloon than fake boobs.

I agree, actually, it's only impressive if they're natural, otherwise it's no more impressive than buying, say, an iPhone.
Goatboy wrote:
'traditional British nosh'.

Is that when you get a blow job without removing your bowler hat?
Oh, I got Dimrill some of these for his birthday, (NSFW, but only if your work is pathetic)
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

I'll take them back, then :(
sinister agent wrote:
vegetables wrote:
Cars. I have absolutely no idea how anyone could think cars were interesting, or tell one apart from another, or devote significant parts of their life to them. It's all baffling to me. And I have no idea why someone would actively want to drive unless they really had to.

This. Though less so on the last bit. I can kind of see why people like driving (although not people in England, because there's nowhere in most of the country to drive for pleasure for more than ten seconds without just winding up as fodder for a sneering Michael Beueuerk).

:this: I drive the absolute bare minimum and my car sits idle for the bulk of the week if I can help it. I get a little enjoyment driving around when the roads are empty but other than that, it's a joyless experience.

I'll also add -
Online gaming
FPS games
Zelda games
Sci-fi
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Plastic. He doesn't like plastic boobs. Dimrill is opposed to cosmetic surgery. He'd rather play with a balloon than fake boobs.
I agree, actually, it's only impressive if they're natural, otherwise it's no more impressive than buying, say, an iPhone.

Yeah, but if someone had an iPhone and offered you a go you'd do it, right?

Plus it's not as much fun to come on an iPhone.
Depends who's making a call at the time.
devilman wrote:
sinister agent wrote:
vegetables wrote:

:this: I drive the absolute bare minimum and my car sits idle for the bulk of the week if I can help it. I get a little enjoyment driving around when the roads are empty but other than that, it's a joyless experience.

I'll also add -
Online gaming
FPS games
Zelda games
Sci-fi

Jesus, what do you people like? Simple wooden toys and folk music or someshit?
Quite, markg. Is this World of Amish?
Mr Chris wrote:

It's lonely there.
I like it now that Grim...'s come back. He truly is Uncle Traveling Matt.
Look out for the dog!
'the dog'?

His name was 'Sprocket' you uncultured oaf. :hat:
I don't like it now that Grim...'s come back. He truly is Uncle Traveling Twat.
Mimi wrote:
'the dog'?

His name was 'Sprocket' you uncultured oaf.

If you know his name, then you know to look out for him.
If you don't know his name, then you won't know what you're looking out for.

SILLY
Grim... wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

It's lonely there.

Actual proper LOL. Good job my office mate is in London.
Yes, awesome work Grim... :DD
Mr Chris wrote:
Actual proper LOL.

Ditto. The person sitting next to me leaned over, looked at my monitor, then looked at me oddly.
Excellent thought! If I had my camera, I'd be able to do the whole forum via WoA.

Maybe tonight.
Grim... wrote:

Ok, I'll clarify. It's like someone showing me their iPhone and trying to imply they designed and built it themselves, when they didn't, so why would I be impressed? Surely that person would be much more interesting if they DID build it themselves, whereas the majority of these cosmetic people would only otherwise have 'phones' that are wonky, with some of the keys are missing, and one half of the screen is bigger than the other.
I do not like sunglasses as much as many people do. They are to big for me and fall off my nose.

Stupid sunglasses.

I bought some children's ones to wear yesterday, which fit (but have Mickey Mouse on the handles)

Stupid nose.
I do sometimes wonder what you look like Meems, given that you purportedly have a strange nose, lose biscuits into black holes, and are regularly harassed by men while out and about. :nerd:
Goatboy wrote:
Girls Aloud (in looks)

Amen, brother. Every time I see Girls Aloud I wonder if somewhere there is a Tesco missing five shelf stackers. Mutton dressed as slapper.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Ok, I'll clarify. It's like someone showing me their iPhone and trying to imply they designed and built it themselves, when they didn't, so why would I be impressed? Surely that person would be much more interesting if they DID build it themselves, whereas the majority of these cosmetic people would only otherwise have 'phones' that are wonky, with some of the keys are missing, and one half of the screen is bigger than the other.

No, it's more like someone driving to your house to show you their new sports car that they'd just paid a lot of money for. You're supposed to be impressed by the look of the car and also by how much money they have to spend on such things.

If they had built their own car, yes, this would be a better achievement, but because it wasn't as big and shiny and expensive as the bought one, you'd* sneer because you're essentially shallow.

[*] I don't mean "you".
Page 2 of 6 [ 266 posts ]