Copyright Violation and Chloroform
is killing the internets!
This was brought to my attention yesterday:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-the-tiles/

Looks great! And familiar, the pictures have been pinched from the original:

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=343

Occasionally the original authors give permission for their stuff to be used elsewhere, and I checked with the guy that made this. He didn't give permission for this girl to use his pictures, and she certainly didn't ask me, so it's a shocking case of blatant copyright thefteroonie.

More baffling is the fact that someone links to the original on PTS, querying hers as a ripoff, and she replies by saying:

Theiving Lying Bitch wrote:
No, I should have mentioned that the pictures are not mine. The instructions for the cake are. I developed my own method for this cake prior to seeing the other that you linked. With the cake contest coming up, and me without a camera, I wrote the author of that "pimp" and he gave me full rights to use his photos and apply my own instructions. I'm hoping to borrow a camera and remake the cake this weekend for a friend of my little brother. I will then post up loads of my own photos for this project.

The only reason for me not waiting is obviously I wanted to get it in on time. I assure you that I didn't steal anything. I had the idea before researching it online because I bake cakes. The process is my own and the pictures I have rights to.

Thanks for commenting though. I hope I could resolve any concerns anybody had.

The original dude who made it was so miffed that he posted a comment on there himself. I've contacted Instructables and told them to remove it. Cheerfully they have replied and seem willing to do so.

Sad really, but whenever anyone asks me about reproduction I usually say 'yeah, no problem, just post a link back', but man, just nicking the pics and then lying really blatantly about it is just shocking.

Perhaps I should sue her for a bajillion quid? Where's MrChris when you need him?
Turn up outside her house with a giant LONGCAT IS LOOOOOONG protest cake.
ComicalGnomes wrote:

No.

JESUS CHRIST
I think you're confused, Jesus was a man, man.
Did you ask Seven Towns Limited if you could use an image of their Rubik's Cube?
</advocate>
I think MrChris will back me up on that being fair use, as it was the guy's own cube, and not a pic of theirs ;)
Things I have done:
Unshuffled a shuffled rubiks cube in less than 35 seconds.
Made cakes.

I have not combined the two though.
Hehe, yes - you can take pictures of your own stuff. He wasn't saying 'look, I produced this Rubik's cube and took photo's of it', rather than actually just taking one of their promotional Rubik's cube shots off of their website and saying that he was the photographer. And then later saying that they fully endorsed his using their pictures when they did no such thing.

/better advocate.
She's written a 'How to' guide on snogging as well.

She omitted use of chloroform and tit grabbing.
I always liked you Mimi, here, have some biscuits.
Quote:
She omitted use of chloroform and tit grabbing.

Second time you've made me laugh today.
I think you should write your own, more precise, guide, Mali :smug:
ComicalGnomes wrote:
I always liked you Mimi, here, have some biscuits.

My bissscuuiitttttt!
:DD
Mimi wrote:
I think you should write your own, more precise, guide, Mali :smug:

:titler:

EDIT:

Errr, thanks, I think.

EDIT 2:

C'mre sexy
ComicalGnomes wrote:

No.

Id rather buck zach like.
Shuttup!

I'm trying to get Mimi to snog me.
What's that strange smell?

Smells like Chlorofor...
:kiss:
how would you know the smell of it, wouldnt you just fall asleep and forget?
Mali always smells faintly of it - it's not enough to knock you out but just smell the air in the threads where he has been lingering and you'll soon understand...
Mimi wrote:
Mali always smells faintly of it - it's not enough to knock you out but just smell the air in the threads where he has been lingering and you'll soon understand...

<cries>

EDIT: it's Eau de nicotine at the moment.
My lips are pressed against the monitor, now what do we do?
Runcle wrote:

No, chloroform has a fairly distinctive smell (Which I actually quite like). It doesn't knock you out in low doses.
Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:

No, chloroform has a fairly distinctive smell (Which I actually quite like). It doesn't knock you out in low doses.

That, with your avatar, is just really creepy, man.
Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:

I parsed the last clause as "in low dresses"...
I've always felt the world's most effective pick up line is "Hi, would you like to smell my chloroform?"
what does it smell like then? i could imagine like deep heat for some reason.
Hey coms, your banners on PTS still claim you sell games, not just sonic comics...sonics...
I can't help but feel we're getting slightly off topic.
Quote:
Hey coms, your banners on PTS still claim you sell games, not just sonic comics...sonics...

Oh yeah, I should probably do something about that :D
Runcle wrote:

Come here and I'll show you :kiss:
Dudley wrote:
I've always felt the world's most effective pick up line is "Hi, would you like to smell my chloroform?"

I think you'll find it's "Did you like the smell of my chloroform?". Pretty much 100%, that one.
I can't remember the smell, but it leaves an awfully salty aftertaste.
Runcle wrote:

Very sweet, really.

As for why I had some... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenol-chl ... extraction was used widely in both my research projects
Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Very sweet, really.

As for why I had some... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenol-chl ... extraction was used widely in both my research projects

OldSkool.

I have a robot to do that.

:)
:DD @ the new title.
MaliA wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Runcle wrote:

Very sweet, really.

OldSkool.

2003 and 2004.

Sadly, I don't think we had any robots, but it did at least give good results. And managed to disprove our hypothesis in the 2003 project, which took us a bit by surprise. (which dealt with tmRNA transcription regulation in E. coli, fact fans)
I think I once saw a rubbish B-Movie with chloroform-toting robots in. You're not secretly evil aliens, are you?
You'd have to ask Dimrill, he's a 'Mr Dave expert'
My keyboard smells like hammers, is that normal?
Page 1 of 1 [ 40 posts ]