Tap, tap, tap
let me in!
I thought someone was throwing small bits of gravel - maybe the type that you get in fish tanks, one at a time at my window. But no, it is the world's stupidest bee, constantly flying headfirst into my closed window.

So, my question is:

Why is this bee so stupid?
The Beepocalypse is coming and the only safe place for bees to make a nest to secure the future of beekind is inside the back of your broken television.

LET HIM IN :munkeh:
I'm almost tempted to, just to stop him hurting himself any more, but I am thinking that a pissed off bee with a sore head is not the best houseguest for someone with a bee allergy :bulb:
That's hardly bee-ing excellent to him, is it?

I'm so very, very sorry.
buzz off with your bad puns. >:|
Sorry, I was just winging it.
He sounds like a bumbling idiot, tell him to buzz off Honey.
Honey, comb the joke book for an appropriate pun.
Too many threads are descending into bad puns lately. MR COVERED IN BEES FACE.
I like my coffee like I like my women... COVERED IN BEES.
This trend for threads to end up being a series of bad puns really stings, I don't think it helps newcomers find the sweet nectar in the threads that are posted.
I'm glad you've all taken this terrible dilemma so seriously :(
Ask it what it wants. If it doesn't tell you, have it destroyed.
Mimi wrote:
I'm glad you've all taken this terrible dilemma so seriously :(

That's what you get thoraxing a serious question around here.
kalmar wrote:
That's what you get thoraxing a serious question around here.

You've been working on that for hours, haven't you?
I'd have thought closing the curtains mgiht help... unless it's the reflection of the sky that's confusing her, in which case you'd need to blot out the sun again. I like bees, they're charming and generally docile. Wasps though, are incarnations of pure stripey evil. They are genuinely sadistic and I've literally been standing somewhere minding my own business, away from anything waspy, when one of the wee shites flew up and sat on my arm, and prepared to sting my for no reason at all.

I had one in my room a few weeks ago trying to get out and getting stuck between the window and curtains (half of the window is wide open, so it really had no excuse). It was the size of a tennis ball, and so bloody loud it kept waking me up from across the room. I'd have gone and twatted it, but that would have woken me up fully an dI'd not have been able to get back to sleep.

Uuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

UZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Gah."
I don't have any curtains up - I think it just wanted to come in for a cup of tea and some shortbread.

Also: Kalmar, you win. You win the entire world with your punnery. Well done :munkeh:
Craster: I won! In your face!

:smug:
I don't bee-lieve it. Hive got a good mind to complain.
It's apis take, frankly.
Mr Chris wrote:
It's apis take, frankly.

Er...I hope it doesn't bombus?

Yeah, whatever.
Ok you can stop droning on now, Kalmar is Queen.
I used to get a similar thing, in which bees (or wasps) would somehow get between the inner and outer windows of my bedroom window, and then buzz angrily inside as they bounced off both panes of glass. Letting them out was especially hard... how do you open the outer window without first opening the inner one and risking a release of BEE RAGE into your house?

That apis joke is definitely a keeper.
I'm glad we're all pollen in the same direction when it comes to these puns.
NO MORE!

Honestly, you all deserve 40 wax, for this.
I'm going to bumble off and look at some other threads now.
Wasps are like the spartans of the buzzy flying insect world. There's a video somewhere of 30 of them casually beheading a whole hive of like 10,000 bees.
This thread is making me hornet.
AceAceBaby wrote:
Wasps are like the spartans of the buzzy flying insect world. There's a video somewhere of 30 of them casually beheading a whole hive of like 10,000 bees.

Ive seen that video, it truly is horrifying, worse than any fucking horror film.
AceAceBaby wrote:

Weren't they the crazy Japanese killer wasps, or should do I have even more reason to hate our own wasps?
So does this explain the great bee mystery? They aren't disappearing they are just spending their time headbutting windows and being dispatched by gangs of bovver booted wasps.
Maybe Mimi's bee was a sanctuary seeker, but her ruthless border control policy left it doomed to a grisly death.
I'd like to see that video, it sounds awesome.
My parents have got the same thing at their place, expect, erm, with birds. It's quite funny to watch, two identical little birds fly onto the window sill from the hedge, tap on the window with their beaks a couple of times, look at each other and then bugger off.

We had to put poison down in the end (joking).
A bird flew into my (closed) window and killed itself about five years ago. I think I was on the phone to Craig when it happened, actually. It shook me up a bit and left a big greasy bird-shaped mark on the window.
last month we had our downstairs windows open, 2 small birds who were obviously fighting over something, then flew in through the window. They were going hammer and tongs at each other, and it was quite scary (like something out of "the birds") luckily we had venetian blinds and they were down, and they flew away and continued their flighted fight in a near by bush.

On a related note, the other day I saw some crows and pigeons working together to attack some fast food the other day. I didn't think they would do that...

Oh, I too would like to see the video of the wasps taking on the bees.

Malc
Japanese Hornets:

I found a wasp under my pillow when I was younger. I can only assume it was a sick joke from the tooth fairy, the twisted bitch.
What a horrible video! Why did you show me that Zardoz? :'(
Hehe, there's no way I'm going to have a look at that. I like bees, despite their Mimi-destructive power.
Tmuk wrote:
What a horrible video! Why did you show me that Zardoz? :'(

Well, Malc requested it. Biggest flying stingers in the world.

I half wanted to see one when I was in Japan.
That could have been in the film thread for 'Aww man" moments.
I've only seen that video before without the sound. I think it was better without. Americans need David Attenborough. Desperately.
WHEN INSECTS...ATTACK!

(i made this!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 44 posts ]