Gravity Force/Power (2)
THAT game. You know.
Do you think it might be worthwhile badgering The Almighty Creators* of Gravity Force 2 and Gravity Power to think about doing an XBLAH! version? I'd absolutely LOVE to blat any of your faces in this most excellent of games.

*Just noticed our Romanista is mentioned on their page.
God yes, I love that game.
Oh, it's Thrust. I thought it was going to be the game where you have two stationary ships firing rockets at each other and you have to select launch speed and trajectory to loop the rockets around the gravity fields of planets and black holes. That game is good too. I can't play any Thrust like game because flashbacks to the original make me cry at the sheer raging frustration of trying to steer the ship with the reactor core attached.
Romanista = Rick Lindeman, right? If so, this GF2 CD32 image - if I burn it to a CDR, will it boot up if I then stick it in my CD32?
I miss Gravity Power so deeply it's not even funny. It's simply the best two player game ever, and I used to play it practically every other day against a mate in my Amiga days.

BINGO!

TOUCHDOWN!

*PLUNK*

*CLANG!*

:'(
This would be proper aces.

Also, someone get Sneech on XBLAH.
it is lovely, that wht ywhen i got my cd32 i made a little image for it (and got mentioned!), so i can now play it .. but playing it against you guys would be so lovely it makes me cry
romanista wrote:
it is lovely, that wht ywhen i got my cd32 i made a little image for it (and got mentioned!), so i can now play it .. but playing it against you guys would be so lovely it makes me cry

Yes, how do I get it to work on my CD32? Just burn the image and away we go?
If I weren't in the middle of making a stupidly complicated 3d game, I'd be tempted to make a similar game in XNA.

As it stands, I don't have the time, really. Which is a shame, as I don't think it would take that long. I'd just need to find some artists willing to help (A constant problem, that)
Oh sheeeeit, I loved the Gravity Force 2 that was on an AP coverdisk (I don't think I got the issue with gravity power, which came out much later didn't it?)

For some reason, the 'Bits' signs everywhere made me laugh.

There was one level where the top was a really long convoluted passage. I never managed to get all the way to the end but assumed there was something neat up there. Anyone know what it was?
Yes, but I've forgotten.

(The level editor helped here)
Mr Dave wrote:
If I weren't in the middle of making a stupidly complicated 3d game, I'd be tempted to make a similar game in XNA.

As it stands, I don't have the time, really. Which is a shame, as I don't think it would take that long. I'd just need to find some artists willing to help (A constant problem, that)

Strangely enough, your name popped into my head when remaking this was being discussed.

What's the 3D game you're working on at the moment?
myoptika wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:

Strangely enough, your name popped into my head when remaking this was being discussed.

What's the 3D game you're working on at the moment?

It's mainly called "Get Mr Dave a decent Job", really. It's based on a few original gameplay ideas, emergent gameplay and all that jazz. And I thnk it'll be excellent, if ever finished (Albeit with programmer art)
Mr Dave wrote:
Yes, but I've forgotten.

There was a level editor? :droool:

I'll get an ADF and have a look. Out of interest, did anyone ever get a copy of the over-the-intarwebs multiplayer UAE to work? I believe it was called Kalliera or something like that....
Dimrill wrote:
Me and Z "art"!

Can you do 3D? Do you want a punishing amount of work?

(First public screenshot here: http://www.baronsgrove.co.uk/ViewImage.aspx?i=74, see if you can spot the hidden web address)

Sir Taxalot wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Yes, but I've forgotten.

There was a level editor? :droool:

Aye, one of the later APs, my hunch is issue 53. I almost certainly have it as an ADF.
Mr Dave wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Me and Z "art"!

Can you do 3D?

If the moneys right, I'll blag it. ;)

Actually, it would be nice to have a try at some 3d, colour me interested. Imagine a fully animated puking brummie with laser eyes!
Sir Taxalot wrote:
Oh sheeeeit, I loved the Gravity Force 2 that was on an AP coverdisk (I don't think I got the issue with gravity power, which came out much later didn't it?)

For some reason, the 'Bits' signs everywhere made me laugh.

There was one level where the top was a really long convoluted passage. I never managed to get all the way to the end but assumed there was something neat up there. Anyone know what it was?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I think the level was called "Over The Top" and there was a message at the top in the bricks. It said 'And Now What?', if memory serves.
I've just remembered how fucking awesome the races were on this game.
Wasn't it
Lying S, a legoland level
?
Tmuk wrote:
romanista wrote:

yup, it should do it, it's just an iso (which is an amiga directory (the ap50 disk) treated with a magic cd32 tools programme.. shame i didn't think of adding the extralevels which are on jens' site

the level editor is on ap53
http://amr.abime.net/issue_53_coverdisk
it was made my richard, who was a WoS member (haven't seen him in ages there, and who did try to make a new version (with some 1p AI, see here http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/world ... topic=2040 )
how is the flash version, mentioned on the GF sitE?
romanista wrote:
Tmuk wrote:
romanista wrote:

yup, it should do it, it's just an iso (which is an amiga directory (the ap50 disk) treated with a magic cd32 tools programme.. shame i didn't think of adding the extralevels which are on jens' site

the level editor is on ap53
http://amr.abime.net/issue_53_coverdisk
it was made my richard, who was a WoS member (haven't seen him in ages there, and who did try to make a new version (with some 1p AI, see here http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/world ... topic=2040 )

Nice one fella, looking forward to giving this a go tonight. Amiga Power were always going on about this game and I don't think I've played it yet :)
Grim... wrote:
I think the level was called "Over The Top" and there was a message at the top in the bricks. It said 'And Now What?', if memory serves.

This seemed to be my answer, until I read Mr D's post

MrD wrote:
Wasn't it
Lying S, a legoland level
?

I thought it was a lego-level with bright coloured bricks, so this could be the one. Or maybe I had somehow combined them in my memory. What does it say at the top of this level?

Also, there was one level I remember that had grassy scenery right at the bottom, with enough bombs you could go right through to a hiddern cavern underneath. My young self was very impressed by this.
Screw bombs, and screw fancy flying.

You want Warp Speed or Fast Reverse.
I would HATE to see Gravity Power/Force 2 in 3D. Super spondoolicks HD, yes.
That flash version looks good, but I'm sure there's something wrong with the physics... although I haven't played the original in about 10 years, so my memory might be failing me.
Stealth was definately the power up of choice for 2 player splitscreen.
I was always fond of missiles (non homing).
Page 1 of 1 [ 29 posts ]