Tree Huggers Want To Ban Your Consoles
Nintendo more evil than Sony
The tree huggers have turned their attention to your games consoles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7407934.stm

Just remember, next time you fire up your Wii you are pissing them off. Hoorah!
Quote:
"Sony has a very good record in our ranking guide. They have committed to eliminating these chemicals from mobile devices.

"But why are we finding them in such high percentages in a console? This is a tool used by children in our homes.
"None of these chemicals exist in Sony's Vaio laptop. So if they can do it for a laptop, why can't they push this for the console also?"

I fail to see the relevacne of this arguement. It is simpply an (extremely obvious) attempt at scare mongering. Oh no, my Xbox360 contains berylium!! MUST RESIST, no can't resist. Ooops I have eaten my 360 and got berylium poisoning. Silly me. FFS.
Quote:
This is an industry that is changing our way of life and if it does not take these challenges upon themselves to be more green, we are going to be in deep trouble very, very soon.

OOOOH! TROUBLE. They're gonna be in TROUBLE!

Quote:
Noseybonk took the consoles and controllers apart

FTFT
Bobbyaro wrote:
Quote:
"Sony has a very good record in our ranking guide. They have committed to eliminating these chemicals from mobile devices.

"But why are we finding them in such high percentages in a console? This is a tool used by children in our homes.
"None of these chemicals exist in Sony's Vaio laptop. So if they can do it for a laptop, why can't they push this for the console also?"

I fail to see the relevacne of this arguement. It is simpply an (extremely obvious) attempt at scare mongering. Oh no, my Xbox360 contains berylium!! MUST RESIST, no can't resist. Ooops I have eaten my 360 and got berylium poisoning. Silly me. FFS.

Mmmm... tasty 360...

:droool:
Looking forward to the next generation of consoles, made entirely from hemp and radishes.
The inside of that controller is green.
Wasn't there a Playstation advert once involving a comparision between a PS1 and a stick?

When I was more impressionable, I used to quite into the whole environmental lark (worrying about lights being left on, reusing bags etc). Then one day I realised that much of it was about conscience-salvaging and tokenism, often causing more problems than solving them (ooo....bad free plastic bags - as opposed to heavy bin liners I'd otherwise be using). 'Blue Peter' lied to me. And I never got a badge.

I love the way they are wearing gloves to stop the evil nasty chemicals jumping off that PCB onto their hands and eating them where they stand.
Tmuk wrote:
Looking forward to the next generation of consoles, made entirely from hemp and radishes.

Yeah, forget the Phantom, I'm looking forward to the Nintendo Silent-But-Deadly.
Bobbyaro wrote:

I love the way they are wearing gloves to stop the evil nasty chemicals jumping off that PCB onto their hands and eating them where they stand.

Surely that's Noseybonk/Ashens.
REPETITION!

Whack Whack Ooops
Oops indeed, sorry.
I cant see anywhere in that article that suggests they want to ban consoles, or anything that suggests they have enough power to take any drastic effects that could affect any of the companies financially, but instead they are reporting these chemicals are in household objects and persuading the companies to remove them from products is surely a good thing.
Runcle wrote:
I cant see anywhere in that article that suggests they want to ban consoles, or anything that suggests they have enough power to take any drastic effects that could affect any of the companies financially, but instead they are reporting these chemicals are in household objects and persuading the companies to remove them from products is surely a good thing.

Finally, someone noticed my Daily Mail style headline to grab attention.

Have a banana.
I was ignoring it :p
Runcle wrote:

You're making the slightly faulty assumption that these chemicals are being used for fun and can be easily removed with no performance or price penalty.
Dudley wrote:
Runcle wrote:

You're making the slightly faulty assumption that these chemicals are being used for fun and can be easily removed with no performance or price penalty.

But if you can compare two products with a similar purpose, and one has a lot more bad stuff in it than the other*, why not point it out? That's all they're doing here as far as I can see.

Yes, it might be cheaper that way but cheapness isn't supposed to be the whole point, is it.

* Given the large volumes involved like, rather than in individual products, I mean.
*licks consoles*

*dies*
Joans wrote:
*licks consoles*

*dies*

Try this tasty Atari instead. Can't see how the tree huggers can moan about this.

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Joans wrote:
*licks consoles*

*dies*

Try this tasty Atari instead. Can't see how the tree huggers can moan about this.

Great, now I've got splinters in my tongue.
I can moan about it, PacMan is clearly facing the wrong way as there are pills he hasn't eaten behind him, yet none in front of him.

4 bananas out of 10.
Those are the Cupcakes of Awesome.
Sheepeh wrote:
I can moan about it, PacMan is clearly facing the wrong way as there are pills he hasn't eaten behind him, yet none in front of him.

4 bananas out of 10.

Surely he's just doubled back on himself because the blue ghost is coming for him. The red ghost is sideways though, which is clearly wrong.
mrak wrote:
Exactly what is wrong with PVC?

IT'S MY FAVOURITE PLASTIC

Same here, both for its shininess and its waterproof properties.

Start again!
mrak wrote:
Exactly what is wrong with PVC?

IT'S MY FAVOURITE PLASTIC

I love your sig.
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ]