Postman Pat, THE GAME
on anything else than Amstrads
Postman Pat is the finest game ever made, as we all know. Just imagine a next gen version of it. I'm sure they could make realistic faux stop motion graphics on an eggbox by now. A camera viewpoint like in GTA over the van. Realistic crunching of Mrs Hubbard's bones as she throws herself under the wheels of your van time and time again. You could have an open world village with multiplayer with each player's Pat having a different moustache style. An amazing sub game at the Post Office where you have to guide a spoon into the sugar bowl and then stir your tea. GOOD LORD THE WII POSSIBILITIES! Perfect.
The Amiga version was awesome.
Postman Pat was rubbish. Sooty and Sweep co-op FTW!
I had this (in fact, probably still have it) for the Atari ST.

I used to hate collecting those stupid sheep.
My brothers used to have an old GameBoy (colour?) game called something like 'Emergency Services'. THAT was the best game, ever.
A girlie I met at a friends house used to be one of the animators on Postman Pat. On the newer episodes, look out for two patches of 'grass' that have been squashed flat in the foreground when something is going on in the background. That's because sometimes when she leant over the set to change something she squashed the grass with her rather cartoon-sized boobs :D

Wasn't it impossible to finish the computer game because it crashed when you had to round up the sheep the second time (or something)?
Grim... wrote:
Wasn't it impossible to finish the computer game because it crashed when you had to round up the sheep the second time (or something)?

Yes, on the CPC version if you played in in hard* mode.

* Fnar fnar.
Dimrill wrote:
Postman Pat is the finest game ever made, as we all know. Just imagine a next gen version of it. I'm sure they could make realistic faux stop motion graphics on an eggbox by now. A camera viewpoint like in GTA over the van. Realistic crunching of Mrs Hubbard's bones as she throws herself under the wheels of your van time and time again. You could have an open world village with multiplayer with each player's Pat having a different moustache style. An amazing sub game at the Post Office where you have to guide a spoon into the sugar bowl and then stir your tea. GOOD LORD THE WII POSSIBILITIES! Perfect.

'Use the wii remote to (optionally) knock on doors before performing a lobbing action to throw the parcel over the fence'
'Hold the remote vertically to keep your picket sign upright'
'Throw the stick (remote) as far as you can to distract the growling dog (INSERT MYRIAD OF WII REMOTE WRIST STRAP DISCLAIMERS HERE)'
myoptika wrote:
The Amiga version was awesome.

This! I used to like delivering letters. I was rubbish though and always ran out of time, I could never remember where people lived.
I had a crackered version on a disk with some bugged-up R-Type-in-caves game,
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Yes, on the CPC version if you played in in hard mode.

Perhaps that was to avoid children seeing what tumescent Pat did to the sheep once he'd gotten hold of them.

The new version could have a 'War of the Worlds' bit where foot and mouth breaks out and everyone attacks Pat, who has one of the only motor vehicles in the vaaaalleeeeeey.
I played that game to death on my ST, I loved it as much as Supercars/Sprint and so on, top down little cars games I have always been a fan of.
Hey, I just noticed that we aren't allowed to discuss the Amstrad version. Big meanies!!!!!!!
4 days in... wow ;)
Dimrill wrote:
4 days in... wow ;)

Lucky nobody noticed my new sig or I'd be banne^H^H [tickled pink - Ed]
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]