xxx.upssfoua.dpn
('SNIP!' - Ed.)
As you all already know, I do highly recommend xxx.upssfoua.dpn

Similarly, many of us are aware that xxx.vlopwb.dpn is great for British televisual stuff. I pay my license fee (I'm no dirty, filthy pirate), but I'd much rather download e.g. Proctor Stu at my leisure, to watch at my leisure. After all, I have a dog*, and my license doesn't say I can only pet him at certain specific times of day. Who can plan their lives these days around such things? Literally nobody, so it's crazy to do so for the more important stuff, like last night's HIGNFY.

The problem is, although HIGNFY is shown on Friday nights, it doesn't appear on xxx.vlopwb.dpn until the Saturday, after it's had its repeat. Dr.W goes up around the same time. Leaving me very bored meanwhile.

Hoorah then, for I have finally taken the advice of Somebody I Forget, and enrolled with xxx.uifcpy.ca - it's wonderful! Not only could I sign up (a delight in today's scary world of ever-more secretive and paranoid Currant Trackers*)) but both things were there! Yes! And already finished! Yes! Oh, it's a far-away and crazy flight from the 12.30 viewings I expected to have to make.

Before I shut up and run away to delight in stuff, I just had to mention and big up xxx.uifcpy.ca - it really is teh dawg's.

* I do not have a dog.
** Not as good as Roasted Hazelnut
Or you could have watched it on the iplayer mere seconds after it finished on the BBC.
Right, so which one should we use?
Right, I don't understand. Replacing xxx with www doesn't work. Who modded this? What is going on?
http://www.torrentz.com, by way of an unbreakable code.

Drop it, for fuck's sake, CUS. What's your aim here?
As far as I can tell, some smart arse mod has edited this and not explained that they have. What has happened to this fucking forum?
jonarob wrote:
As far as I can tell, some smart arse mod has edited this and not explained that they have. What has happened to this fucking forum?

They haven't, CUS is apparently trying to be clever. With a clever code. Minus one from each letter of the mystery web address, which he's been told not to post here before.
When did this place start censoring things? I can't be arsed with this forum anymore. What the fuck is going to happen if we talk about torrent sites? Are the police going to knock on my door?
CUS wrote:
The problem is, although HIGNFY is shown on Friday nights, it doesn't appear on xxx.vlopwb.dpn until the Saturday, after it's had its repeat.

I watched HIGNFY on iPlayer two hours after the Friday show finished, mate.
jonarob wrote:
When did this place start censoring things?

It hasn't. A rule was made (and a very lengthy argument went into its creation. Search and ye shall find), and CUS is trying to be clever in breaking it for the sake of breaking it and being some sort of Albert Camus character.

I love The Stranger.

Quote:
I can't be arsed with this forum anymore.

That would be a shame, and a rather daft over-reaction to CUS being CUS. I for one wouldn't have him any other way ("ooh-er!")
It's nothing to do with CUS. I'm increasingly finding this forum annoying rather than entertaining. Maybe I'm stressed at the moment, but I just don't enjoy it anymore. I've only made a few posts in the last couple of weeks. Meh I dunno.

The discussions on WoS just seemed to interest me a lot more, whereas this place doesn't seem to have calmed down from the first couple of weeks of "look, we can post what we want haahah! spoon! cheesburgers!!11" and stuff. I was kinda hoping it would, but it just doesn't seem to have. I like having a larf, and this might just be me, but I'm detecting a bit of cliqueyness creeping in. Kinda like b3ta and any other message board with a number of regulars. Thing is, I'm a regular as well and I know what you're all on about most of the time. But still, I don't like it.
And why would that be, then?
*looks*

Er, fucking hell.

I had in fact forgotten about the iPlayer entirely, as I only watch... two shows on British TV currently, and have no reason for it most of the time. I would mention again that I pay my full licence.

As for everything else... there was no 'clever' idea, simply my attempt to mention something awesome. The kind of thing, in fact, that helped spawn the like of the iPlayer in the first place. Not wanting to attract any undue attention, I disguised the URL, thinking that we'd have no... people here so rash and vexing as to immediately post the URL that had been avoided in the first place.

I hope you enjoy the forum. I've just realized how appropriate the colour scheme of this forum really is.

@Mr Chris: *&^^&()&)*$"£(U_(*_(_)**

For once I am taking the advice, to hold my tongue. I usually don't.
CUS wrote:
Not wanting to attract any undue attention, I disguised the URL, thinking that we'd have no... people here so rash and vexing as to immediately post the URL that had been avoided in the first place.

Well, despite the rule, I see no fucking problem with posting it. I support your right to do so, brother, but wish you wouldn't, for the sake of teh hamrony. I did so to make a point. Possibly, for the ironing.

Quote:
Mr Chris: *&^^&()&)*$"£(U_(*_(_)**

Oh, man. Translate -me-do for the thicky.
Mr Chris wrote:
And why would that be, then?

I added more to my post.

I can't offer anything constructive which kinda nulls my whinging, it's just how I feel. I was excited about this place at first, and I really hoped it would replace WoS and perhaps be even better. But I don't think it is. Maybe I'll feel different in a while longer.
Well, without wishing to be patronising, you get out what you put in.

There have been many interesting conversations on here from my point of view, and whilst there may be less threads on WoS that are on topics I'm not interested in, there are more threads on here I am interested in.
Mr Chris wrote:
Quote:
Mr Chris: *&^^&()&)*$"£(U_(*_(_)**

Oh, man. Translate -me-do for the thicky.

And yet, you have a cartoon character as your avatar. Be (more) ashamed, Mr Kissyfur Christopher.

jonarob wrote:
But I don't think it is. Maybe I'll feel different in a while longer

What Mr Chris said.

Mr Chris wrote:
whilst there may be less threads on WoS that are on topics I'm not interested in, there are more threads on here I am interested in.

Warning. Imminent Topic Icons-related explosion danger. Take Shelter. Take Shelter. Take Shelter.
I agree you do get what you put in. I'm not sure if I'm complaining about this forum, or if I'm just still annoyed about what Stu did.

One of the things I miss about WoS is the way someone would start a thread about a really obscure game, then Stu would probably try it and recommend it to everyone. Then, everyone would eventually get it and play it as well. There's no all-knowing authority here. I feel like, because of the WoS-death, I'm missing out on games and other nerdy things. This angers me.
Well, in the interests of making everyone happy, let's post some pictures of some massive bazookas.

Oiled-up ass!

Nice to see you're being all encompassing there CUS. :D
We haven't had any proper debates yet, is the trouble. Also, Anthony Flack has betrayed us for the sake of 'real life', whatever that is. Ooogh.

"randim pictchahs omg" doesn't help either, to be honest.
Glistening flange!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Goddess, you don't know the half of it ;) ;) ;) :kiss: :hat:
sinister agent wrote:
We haven't had any proper debates yet, is the trouble. Also, Anthony Flack has betrayed us for the sake of 'real life', whatever that is. Ooogh.

We've had a few, should I start a proper smoking thread? What else is there to debate? Cars or bikes? Red sauce or brown? Boys or girls?
CUS wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Goddess, you don't know the half of it ;) ;) ;) :kiss: :hat:

Oooooh! *intregued* ;)

Oh, why have you changed your XBL name? We had to check out who you were last night - thought some weirdo* had managed to get on my friends list!

*Hahahaha, yes, yes.
You can't plan a decent conversation. You have to be... swept along by it. You have to allow yourself to succumb to its irrisistable flow and be just taken by it. Actually, that said, anyone remember Tellybugs?
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Oh, why have you changed your XBL name? We had to check out who you were last night - thought some weirdo* had managed to get on my friends list!

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/world ... opic=10414 m'dear. Please note link in 2nd post :hat:
After Tuesday, I may be starting the mother of all "I hate local authorities as they hate disabled kids and will lie and cheat their way out of providing appropriate education" threads.
Really? Why not just do that, why start the mother first? Do that other thing, that sounds really serious and angering, instead.
We'll wait and see whether my nephew gets seriously fucked by the local LEA or not. Either way - there will be an entertainingly ranty thread after Tuesday.
Mr Chris wrote:
After Tuesday, I may be starting the mother of all "I hate local authorities as they hate disabled kids and will lie and cheat their way out of providing appropriate education" threads.

You should start it anyway. I know these ranty threads are usually started as a way to let off steam and get some moral support, but I find I can often learn a lot from them too as everyone sticks their two pence worth in and ideas get chucked around. I have one to start myself, but I'll wait until Monday.

CUS - You really should write that article - seriously. If you don't want to submit it then maybe it could be used on this site if you didn't mind? Sort of goes with what Jonarob was saying about the more obscure games.
Mr Chris wrote:
We'll wait and see whether my nephew gets seriously fucked by the local LEA or not. Either way - there will be an entertainingly ranty thread after Tuesday.

Sir, obviously I hope he doesn't. I will keep back some bile for you on Tuesday.

All the same - *giggle* hohoho, you're reminding me of the Bad Parents from Jam/Blue Jam. "Apparently he was buggered rather badly and then beaten to death", or something.
Well, we'll see how the mediation goes on Tuesday. I've never had more expectation put on me by relatives, before.
Hey, you know that WoS is right over there if you want somewhere with "an all-knowing ubermensch" you know. Do carry on.

I'm upset this forum isn't exactly like a can of Dulux paint, myself.
Dimrill wrote:
I'm upset this forum isn't exactly like a can of Dulux paint, myself.

What, overpriced and difficult to open?
jonarob wrote:
It's nothing to do with CUS. I'm increasingly finding this forum annoying rather than entertaining. Maybe I'm stressed at the moment, but I just don't enjoy it anymore. I've only made a few posts in the last couple of weeks. Meh I dunno.

The discussions on WoS just seemed to interest me a lot more, whereas this place doesn't seem to have calmed down from the first couple of weeks of "look, we can post what we want haahah! spoon! cheesburgers!!11" and stuff. I was kinda hoping it would, but it just doesn't seem to have. I like having a larf, and this might just be me, but I'm detecting a bit of cliqueyness creeping in. Kinda like b3ta and any other message board with a number of regulars. Thing is, I'm a regular as well and I know what you're all on about most of the time. But still, I don't like it.

Sorry, but I have to agree with this.... I can't put my finger on it but the whole forum just seems to be a mess of topics which really don't deserve a topic. Maybe I'm getting too old for this, but I really can't be arsed trawling through topics going on about "I've just ridden a bike/listened to metal music/downloaded some stuff and I'm really great". At least with WoS, there was a general focus of "games" going through most of the topics. Now when I come on here there's about 6 topics, on the front page, covering games. And even then, the majority of it is just "I'm playing CoD/GTA/Forza on Xbox 360, isn't it great" with another 20 replies of "yeah.. it's great, let's play it tonight on Xbox Live". Well, it's not really interesting when you're not really interested in those games, or in the 360 for that matter. Yet, it seems that is all that's covered on here. Yes, I could post something but there's just so many posts that I have a feeling it would get lost in all of the "crap"...

Maybe it does seem to cliquey here, maybe it just seems a bunch of guys posting a load of bollocks for the sake of posting but I really can't be bothered with it all anymore. As you can see, I don't really post much but there's hardly anything that interests me in posting on here. And even worse than that... I can't be arsed even reading it. This topic really sums it up this whole forum- a topic gets created talking about a website, which can't even be named, so the non-cliquey members have absolutely no fucking idea what's being spoken about. And it looks like I'm not the only one...

Again, maybe (in the immortal words of Danny Glover) "I'm too old for this shit" but it just seems that some sense of "WoS focus" has been lost in the transition to here. I never expected it to be WoS, after all that's still going,but I was hoping it would maintain some of the "culture".

Well.. maybe that's just too much of a moany post, and I apologise for the moaning nature of it..but I'm kind of getting bored of it all... ?:|
What WoS focus? There were as many threads on there I ignored (if not more) as there are on here. In any forum you filter what you're interested in.

Still, each to their own, and sorry this place isn't working out for you.
moora wrote:
This topic really sums it up this whole forum- a topic gets created talking about a website, which can't even be named, so the non-cliquey members have absolutely no fucking idea what's being spoken about. And it looks like I'm not the only one...

Well, I do agree with your post otherwse, even for my part in it. But still:

1) For 'non-cliquey', above, I would argue that 'those who didn't see a previous long saga about this, last time on BETEO TV...' fits better.

2) You've made 4 posts. Give a little.

3) There have been repeated efforts by many, to basically scream 'WHAT DO YOU WANT?'.
Re: 3)

which have resulted in changes where people left because of them, which in turn resulted in said people going "well fuck this then".
You can't please all of the people all of the time, unless you're the Man In Black in the Princess Bride. In which case your very existance is TEH WINNAR. Obv.
CUS wrote:
'WHAT DO YOU WANT?'.

I would have liked you to start a thread about Warhead. I agree with Jonarob that it seems to be only the most mainstream games that are mentioned recently and we could all be missing out on some real gems. That's not a complaint, just an observation that I hadn't even thought about until it got mentioned above and then I read the thread over on WoS.

But at the end of the day this isn't WoS, it was never going to be, hopefully it won't be too long now before the main site goes live and there will be a bit more of a games related focus. But to be fair, this site was never just about games either, over time we have ALL gotton to know so much more about each other that it doesn't need to be, our reasons for being here have differed, just not for everyone it seems.
Moora, continuing from my previous post: as much as you may think that this topic is an example of this forum's problems, I feel it is your post (count) that is in fact, a perfect example of what is wrong. I hope you will take this with the same non-antagonistic wish to inform that you displayed.
Page 1 of 2 [ 88 posts ]