Hair trimmers for the trimming of hair.
Recommend Me Do!
Can anyone recommend a good hair trimmer? I want to stay a number 1 in future due to comedy receding hair, but am too tight and sensible to be repeatedly gouged by hairdressers, especially since the bizarre friendly super-cheap Muslim hairdressers/internet cafe combo closed nearby.

Any suggestions and maintenace tips etc?

Someone explain why I keep typing Hari trimmers as well please. Is it a subconcious religious intolerance thing?
*disclaimer*

MImi does not think that anyone should really shave their heads with a bic razor as they will undoubtably look terrible. Is that how you spell razor? Rasor. Raser. Razer.

Pfff ?:|
I used to be fascinated by that Bic advert of the two monks in Tibet. I am unable to find it on Youtube however, and am thus unable to be sure I didn't dream it. "Bic... knowledge?" "For sensitive skin, master." *Sound of monk running away, presumably down to the shops, really fast* "MASTER!?"

I have no real memory of how that went, actually.
Mine are Remington, and they're fine. They were about 30 sponds.
Mine are Panasonic, likewise.

My dad's are Remington, they've not been bad enough for him to complain about them, to me.
I've got a set of Philips, and a set of Babyliss. Both work perfectly well.
I've had my Babyliss since I was 15, so 14 years now. Never packed in on me once.
I've had a few different ones over the years, but by far the best ive had is my Wahl ones...they are of professional build and quality and are highly rated.

Also, you can buy individual parts for them such as blades, combs etc, which will save you money in the long run as I have found the combs always break before the clippers do and not being able to find any replacement bits Ive always ended up buying new clipper sets.

As an aside note, dont buy Babyliss's i-trim, they are shite, the 2nd* biggest waste of money Ive ever spent. They dont cut evenly, they cut your face and they generally suck ass.

*Sega's MegaCD was my biggest waste of money, but I was young and foolish when I bought that.
Odd, as my Babyliss i-stubble is ace for a quick tidy up without a full-on shave.
iStubble?

Apple have a lot to answer for.
iDon't know what you could possibly mean.
Y'know, I was all confident and cocksure of retaining my hair, seeing my late father's side grandfather had a grand mane of dignified white. Like some Gandalf figure. Then I found that it all came from the mother's side.

Damn. >:|

I await therefore with interest to see if Simon Pegg goes bald, so that as runner-up lookalike* on this board I can continue to fit in with his 'look'.

But that Wahl one does look good - I'll have a poke about town.

*More people have actually started commenting that I look like Paul Giamatti from Sideways. No bad thing I guess. *secretly cries*
Male pattern baldness is a bitch, aye. At least I can rest easy in my grave knowing that I never had a daft haircut like Myoptika.
My feyonce's sister is a hairdresser which is how I know about a local mostly-for-the-trade hairdressing supplies shop -- feyonce shops there for dyes and brushes and stuff. If you can find one near you that will sell to the general public you are likely to get a better choice of stuff than in any high street shop, I think.
But I don't need hairdye. Actually, I might dye the last 3 or 4 inches of my beard blue.
There's a shop called Sally's where you can pick up good advice on such things if you can find one near you.
Well I popped over to Howell's and got Nicky Clarke's Hair Clippers for Men. I have no idea who this Nicky Clarke is. The name sounds less than manly though. /Northern prejudices

It was only £15.99 and seemed to get some decent reviews online too, so that's reassuring.

Now I only have to find someone to do my hair.
Do it yourself, y'big ponce.

I used to let Hell's Bells do mine, but the proximity of my face and her num nums always used to leave me tired.. after about 30 minutes.
What is hell's bells?
Oh 'her num nums' - do you mean your girlfriend.

Also - it took 30 minutes to shave your head? how big is your head?
Mimi wrote:
how big is your head?
That is an excellent question.
Very well, Dimrill. I shall do it myself. I predict everything will go according to plan.

(Later, something as disasterous as this...)

OH NOES! :'(
Mimi wrote:
Oh 'her num nums' - do you mean your girlfriend.

Also - it took 30 minutes to shave your head? how big is your head?

Yeah, the missus. I was also implying we spent the next half an hour having sexual intercourse. It's hard being a man, sometimes.
Gosh, you're fast :!:

I'm only teasing :smug:
She did that before the intercourse, too.

I've spent the last 2 hours putting the last 4 months of CD purchases onto my shelf alphabetically. :nerd:
These days I just dump all of mine into a carrier bag when I'm finished ripping them, to save time.

Dimrill, I am in need of a haircut. How much? I promise I'll just look, no touching.
I'm not cutting your wire-like hair again.
Well I did it! And no nicks, either! Had trouble with the bit above my ears, but apart from that it all *seems* okay. Phew.

I later retreated to the bathroom to sit on the john, glower sinisterly and do Full Metal Jacket impersonations.
Dimrill wrote:
Male pattern baldness is a bitch, aye. At least I can rest easy in my grave knowing that I never had a daft haircut like Myoptika.

Does it upset you that I have all this hair and I make it look so utterly shit?
I lent my beard trimmer to my flatmate and told him they were clippers when he wanted to shave his barnet off to about a number 4. They gouged a load of hair out of his fringe straight away, right down to the skin and he had to take the walk of shame down the busy high street to find a barbers who'd sort the mess out for him :DD
Page 1 of 1 [ 31 posts ]