Cheese
Who likes cheese?
Too much, but only when melted over things.
CUS wrote:
Who likes cheese?

Not Keen on it really.

I do like some mild cheddar in various things (such as cheese and salad sandwhich, or cheese on toast) but not on it's own. I also like dairylea and I used to like baby bells. But that's about it really. I don't like strong tastes in many things, hence the only liking mild cheese and only then with something to take the taste away.

Malc
I love cheese, you should have made this a poll like the Marmite thread CUS! :D

I love cheese sandwiches with Marmite actually.
Cheese is magnificent. With reference to the joy it brings, its unhealthiness is one of the world's great injustices. See: Bacon.
No, you're ALL WRONG. The correct answer is "Mice".
I love cheese, I could eat it all the time. It's only common sense and the knowledge it's extremely fatty that keeps me at bay.

Some of my fave's:

Y Fenni (peppercorn-tastic)
Tintern (chives & shallots)
Wensleydale & cranberries
Applewood (smoked excellence)

I could go on. :hat:
Well done, Myoptika!

Also, Davidstow cheddar is best.
CUS wrote:
Also, Davidstow cheddar is best.

I've never heard of that before so did a quick google. Makes sense that it's Cornish, I love Cornish produced food. I should visit there more often.
It's gorgeous. One of the best and most easily available kinds is the Morrisons-brand Davidstow, which is really nice. That'd go great with a bit of the ol' red wine, GJ. It's not the sharpest or the strongest cheddar, but it IS quite strong (it's certainly decently matured at least), and eh, it's the cheese that I 'come back to' after trying new kinds. It's also got a good, thick taste without being (eww) 'creamy'.
Cheese is amazing. I love cheese. All different types. I could eat cheese forever.
I might try shopping at Morrisons this weekend then (I like to try different places every now and again). Just out of interest what do people eat with their cheese? Take CUS's red wine senario (and I certainly will be this weekend I promise!), would you have it with biscuits, crackers, crusty bread or just on it's own?
Cheese is brilliant. I love cheese.

My favourites are Stilton, a good mature Cheddar, and Gouda. Plenty of others though are still pretty awesome.
Amount I like cheese: LOTS!
Amount I'm annoyed that I'm no longer supposed to eat any dairy whatsoever: LOTS!

*SAD SMILEY FACE*
Cheese is ace, not so much when it's growing about ones person though.
If I could grow my own Pont L'Eveque I'd be well chuffed.
I can't see Pont L'Eveque de Prépuce catching on, Cras.
Some people just aren't willing to try new things.
I will never be so devoid of other new things to try such that I'd have bash at that, as it were.
I love cheese, but I can eat way too much, so I try to deliberately resist doing so whenever we have cheese. Until it goes mouldy and has to be thrown away. And then I sulk because I still have no cheese left.

My girlfriend doesn't buy it anymore.

:(
I knew a bloke who insisted cheese couldn't go off, as 'it's already gone-off food... just scrape the bluey green stuff off and eat it!'

I just finished off some Davidstow cheddar. Nice, but not my favourite. Not sure what my favourite is, but I remember that every time they have the big European food fair down in Cardiff Bay, Mrs Metal's parents go and come back with a huge assortment, and we have a night in with some wine and crackers and gorge.
Is it just me or is all english cheese just brash as fuck, here look at our cheese its barely moulded its fucking orange and is fucking tangy as fuck, its not even white and mouldy you french fucking patient bastards. You think your mint with your soft cheese and fucking weird textures?! look at wensleydale and your mind will explode you cant even explain it.

I like cheese. I only love Devo.

I may be Drunk.
Wensleydale on toast.
Runcle wrote:
FUCK! CHEESE!

:this:
Runcle and Dimrill, are you for or against cheese? I can't tell.
CUS wrote:
Runcle and Dimrill, are you for or against cheese? I can't tell.

They either don't like it, or they like it far too much.
Cheese is an abomination, everything about it makes me feel sick.
Sainsbury's Canadian cheddar is the king of cheeses. Really strong and tangy and gorgeous, especially on a digestive biscuit. Mmmm.
Cheese is lush! Cheese is great! Oh boy, I sure wish I'd replied to this thread earlier!

Good cheese -

:!: Davidstow cheddar - It is indeed mighty fine! You can't go wrong with a plowman's that involves that somewhere.
:!: Brie - leave it in the fridge for a good long whiles so that it matures, and you'll find it acquires flavour you can scarce dream of.
:!: Bousin! - Oh Bousin! Thou art creamy and spready and suffused with garlic. Nom nom nom!
:!: Wensleydale - such a delicate, salad cheese. But we shall not mock it. There's always time for a gentle wensleydale.

Bad cheese -

Dutch cheese. On principle. Rubbery and faint, anemic flavours? Phleurgh. That may be enough for my Dutch grandma - who is otherwise an incredibly excellent cook - but it's not enough for me. Get over it, The Dutch, you cannot make cheese for toffee.

Cheese is best with crusty bread.

I think we need Jonathan Meades on this forum for his decisive opinion.

:attitude: ~ "Hello, I am also Jonathan Meades. Cheese. This is 'Today in Cheese with Jonathan Meades', I'll be talking you through the history of cheese, whilst throwing in mind-bending trivia, trenchant surrealism, outright mockery of modern life and a virulant hatred of both the gutter press, and indeed any sort of press at all - whilst perched on the back of a truck going round Britain, my body immobilised in a giant wheel of cheese."
and let us not forget the genius of Richard Cheese.
nervouspete wrote:
cheese for toffee.

:spew:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I love cheese, you should have made this a poll like the Marmite thread CUS! :D

I love cheese sandwiches with Marmite actually.

Me too :)

Lets have a cheese and marmite sandwich picnic, GJ. Who else is going to join us?
Me! Ahem - are you ladies aware that you can now buy Marmite Cheddar Bites, in individual portion bags, from all leading supermarkets (I've seen it in Sainsburys and Asda so far myself)?

It's really very nice.
Yea! A cheesy and marmitey picnic with Cheese Undulating Sandwich :)

I am going to Asda in a moment (anyone know if they sell cordless phones?)

Still, i won't be wasting my time when purchasing Marmitey cheesy bites - whatever they are.

So - are they actually marmitey bits of cheese - or cheesy and marmitey biscuits? Where do I look?
Cheese and cordless phones? What kind of deranged combination is that?
Seriously we should all do a nice summer picnic somewhere down in Stratford Upon Avon or something. It would be ace. Like some Monkees video or something.*

*Possibly not.
nervouspete wrote:
Seriously we should all go drinking in Blackpool or Fleetwood. It would be ace. Like Shameless or something.*

*Probably, yes.

Great!
Mimi wrote:
So - are they actually marmitey bits of cheese - or cheesy and marmitey biscuits? Where do I look?

They are marmitey bits of cheese, that you will find in - cunningly - the cheese section of your supermarket ;)

You CAN also get marmite crackers! I've not tried these though. I'll leave you to decipher the riddle of where you would find them, Meems.

Summery drinky foody happiness sounds absolutely charming. Might I suggest however that as (to my knowledge) a number of fine folks on this board will die if exposed to pollen, we have some kind of en-masse get-together that is NOT in a summery meadow of billowing petals? I'm sure it looks lovely, but it results in near-death for many (inc. myself).

Smoking > > > > > > > Pollen
Marmite cheese on marmite crackers.

With marmite.
Smoking > > > > > > > Pollen > > > > > > > Mass failure of crop growth leading to extinction level starvation.

No, wait. I haven't got the hang of this yet.

Anyway, I'm sure you're right CUS. Once again my idyllic thoughts get in the way of practicalities. Yup, a centrally located pub sounds good. Somewhere else than Wolverhampton eh? Unless Wolves is a curiously scenic market town with lovely pubs, somehow.
I do not suggest a pub crawl/meet/picnic in Wolverhampton. :D

Three places spring to mind: Birmingham, Nottingham, Oxford. Perhaps we might start some kind of 'Let's all get drunk and sleep together!' thread. Also, let's start one about a possible picnic.
This cheese thread needs more Port.
The coast isn't really central for any of us Zarodoz. A shame, as it'd be lovely to meet up AND have drinks AND eat cheese AND splash around in the sea a bit.

Note to self: buy lots of Davidstow and Port in next shopping trip.
Zardoz wrote:
This cheese thread needs more Port.

I haven't had port for years, although I seem to remember really liking it.

Maybe I should just let you guys write my shopping list for me this weekend!

I have my last uni thingy ever this Friday (a court appearence) so I'm hoping to celabrate a bit this weekend, I always like the thought of trying something new, so for friday night I'm thinking red wine, a couple of different cheeses, some crusty bread and garlic pate maybe?
CUS wrote:
..... AND splash around in the sea a bit.

NEVER GET INTO THE SEA IN OR AROUND BLACKPOOL.

I'm central to people who live in the Isle of Man, Cumbria, Yorkshire and Scousers. You Southerners are all the same.
nervouspete wrote:
Seriously we should all do a nice summer picnic somewhere down in Stratford Upon Avon or something. It would be ace. Like some Monkees video or something.*

*Possibly not.

the BETEO picnic, last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC5ykhXDDbo

also, no-ones mentioned the loveliness of a nice bit of Applewood Smoked cheddar
course I like cheese, its even in my drunken ramblings near the end.
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ]