Well done Myp!
Well I finally played in The Big Match yesterday. Despite being 1-0 up at half-time, my team went down 4-2 in the end. It was a brilliant and emotional day, and I think Gavin would have been proud of us all. We managed to raise £8,000 for charity, which is pretty gobsmacking.

Personal highlights for me were: being one of only two outfield players from my team playing a full 90 minutes; making a mazy run down the wing in the second half from defence; and captaining the team in the second half once our skipper was substituted.

Nottingham Evening Post article.
myoptika wrote:
Well I finally played in The Big Match yesterday. Despite being 1-0 up at half-time, my team went down 4-2 in the end. It was a brilliant and emotional day, and I think Gavin would have been proud of us all. We managed to raise £8,000 for charity, which is pretty gobsmacking.

Nottingham Evening Post article.

Nice one, good sir.
Surely this deserves a thread of its own?
That's our modest little Myp for you. I hear he went the full 90 minutes and was still able to put a few hours of CoD4 in afterwards.
Well I've put it in the Sports thread too, but if a(nother) mod wants to move it, they're welcome to. I'm too shy. ;)
Put it in the bargains thread.
myoptika wrote:
I'm too shy. ;)

Well done Lemahl!
Well done Myp - that's really excellent stuff! :)
sowhat was your position and which team?
I played in defence for Borussia MöenchenGAVbach. I started out as a right-sided centre back in a back 3, then we changed it to 4 at the back in the second half and I played right-back.

I then moved to centre-back for the last 15 minutes when our captain was injured!
Congrats to you sir! Why didn't Stu think to hold a charity footie match to save his forum?

Are you going to spend the money on several thousand top hats for a deprived estate?

:hat: ~ A fine new hat for a poor me. I feel improved.

:spew: ~ Oi, guv. Gizza dat hat, mu sick I am! Drunkz *lol* bleurgh!

:'( ~ Hat. Ruined. Back to crime for me!
The money that's been raised is being donated to Gavin's favourite charity Celebral Palsy Sport. If you think I've done something good, then donate them a fiver or something.
Haha. You lost.

Loser.

:p
myoptika wrote:
The money that's been raised is being donated to Gavin's favourite charity Celebral Palsy Sport. If you think I've done something good, then donate them a fiver or something.

Wilco matey come payday. My congrats again!
As I said last night: they needed a better defense. :P
Well done Myoptika.
Awesome level of fund raising, good show :hat:
I've got some photos to put up later.
Have they got the acter [/mayall] Reece Sheersmith in there?
Dimrill wrote:
Have they got the acter [/mayall] Reece Sheersmith in there?

You want to buy some pegs, Dave?
That's the last time I indulge in pegging with you!

btw, your toilet is broken.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ]