Street View Updated
includes most of the UK and me
My chasing the google car round has finally paid off:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... .3,,1,6.05
Heh. If anyone's bored, go to Caroline Street in Cardiff (aka Chippie Lane) and enjoy how the Streetview car had to circumnavigate an inconveniently parked truck.
Haha, MrsA's old car appears both outside MaliTowers and outside Mummy and Old Man Afterthought's house.
Ban this sick filth.
Excellent.
I can't find anyone I know, but here is where I used to live - get yo green on :)
I've worked out that the photos were taken around late November.
Grim... wrote:
They vary wildly, of course. A mate saw the Streetview car near here last summer; a colleague's house was over 18 months ago as his neighbour's extension isn't there; and the one of the office I work in is about two years old based on some construction over the road.
My 205 is still outside the house, as is the Golf, so must have been some point prior to June, I think, also, we have a window open and you can see the temporary canvas wardrobe thing, so, hmm. There is noone outside Chavpub so must be the morning.
Zardoz wrote:
Ban this sick filth.

See, I still think that there is something to be said for not letting this happen (or, rather, not letting people choose if their house was shown).
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:
They vary wildly, of course. A mate saw the Streetview car near here last summer; a colleague's house was over 18 months ago as his neighbour's extension isn't there; and the one of the office I work in is about two years old based on some construction over the road.

Yeah, I meant "around where I used to live". And the pub was open, so it was lunchtime.
Meanwhile, productivity around the UK drops.
Well the one of my house was prior to the new fence going up between us and next door, so that's at least a year.
Ooh! Why did you move?
Grim... wrote:
Ooh! Why did you move?

An ex and I were renting a flat there, and the we split up and she moved out, and 7 months later I bought MaliTowers.
Wow, I can see my dad carrying a watering can in my parents back garden. The wonders of the internet!
My colleague Pete's wife is on Street View, can't see anybody else I know.
I realise now I should have been sitting outside my house with a unabrow and a "I shot JR" tshirt on for the last 18 months instead of languishing with crippling depression.
MaliA wrote:

Distance from there to where i'm sitting right now - 1.3 miles
Dimrill wrote:
I realise now I should have been sitting outside my house with a unabrow and a "I shot JR" tshirt on for the last 18 months instead of languishing with crippling depression.

Clearly, you have to find a part of the UK they haven't done and move there.
My house looks exactly the same as it does now. There's no car in the drive so I can't date it by that. The weather is overcast and murky though, so that narrows it down to the period between oct-sep ( ;) ). Looking at the roadworks on my estate, the google car must've come at least twice, over a period of at least 6 weeks, in the autumn last year
Of course, you could now follow the path of my Proposed NE England F1 Track for yourself
I'd forgotten there was a tree outside my house. Either it's shed its leaves, or it's been cut down. I'd better check when I get home
Dimrill wrote:

DOES IT NOT LOOK LOIKE A FEYCE?
Hah. As I live 200 yards off the main road down a muddy farm track, I sort of assumed I wouldn't be on it. But no.
My office window is in it, and my aircon hose is now famous.

This is better than the time I flashed my arse on Saturday Superstore at Cheggars.*

* Story may not be true.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... .3,,1,6.05

(I have forgoten how to change link names)

My house, some time last year as we changed the wifes car from that to the pug
You live in Fleetwood now?
DavPaz wrote:

Not only that, but the odds against a different BeeXer being in his car outside his house as the car takes the photo must be immense!
How odd the RL is nto changing when I look at my house
Streetview is a mong. According to it my old house is in Ardrossan (one of the neighbouring towns). Still, at least they drove by on a nice sunny day. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 27595&z=15
Has anyone estimated how much pixel data is available on Google Maps now? I'd estimate it at 50 shitfuckmebytes.
Sadly it doesn't go by the market where I am right now. :(
Nirejhenge wrote:
Sadly it doesn't go by the market where I am right now. :(

Oddly, I've just nosed at my parents' house on there and it appears that there are two blokes eyeing up my Dad's car. At least I think it's his.. I forget exactly what he's got. I'll have to point it out to them when I next see them. That reminds me.. Mother's Day this weekend!
Is there any way of getting the date the streetview (or satellite for that matter) images were taken?
Yes there is! Well.. there is if you live in my house.

The picture was taken on a Tuesday when we had a skip on the drive early last year. We only had this skip for a couple of days and I know it was a Tuesday because the bin bag is stuck in the gate on my drive.

Yes.. a skip... a fucking skip! :facepalm:

My street does look lovely and sunny though.
Grim... wrote:
Excellent.
I can't find anyone I know, but here is where I used to live - get yo green on :)

Drivign down Oxford Road in the Manchester street view is an odd experience. There's abotu 3 sets of photos, and they continually switch as you drive down. One is taken on a rainy afternoon, another during the day.
Mine was taken on a tuesday, as the bins were out.
DavPaz wrote:

And he killed little Jamie!
mrak wrote:
an unknown party came into my garden and chopped down my trees and wrecked the fence/gate

:S
Ahha! the bus stops are showing 27, which means it was prior to the bus number changing to the S5. Sadly, I can't read the digital signs on the bus stops...
it doesnt have my house on it, just the entrance to the road it's on :(
nickachu wrote:

Keep watching, it'll warp into place in a minute.
kalmar wrote:
nickachu wrote:

Keep watching, it'll warp into place in a minute.

nope

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... .9,,0,5.56
I was implying lag.
Page 1 of 3 [ 148 posts ]