Street View Updated
includes most of the UK and me
MetalAngel wrote:
I've just sat outside myp and Ange's house, virtually touching myself. The mypmobile is still present. Other beexer's houses less interesting.

You see that massively tall hedge on the left-hand side of our house? That's now the same height as the other one now. That was cut down about a year ago.
MaliA wrote:

Christ. Call Torchwood.
Gaywood's view of pliers.
devilman wrote:
Oddly, I've just nosed at my parents' house on there and it appears that there are two blokes eyeing up my Dad's car. At least I think it's his.. I forget exactly what he's got.

My Dad has seen the two lads before and apparently they use the car windows as mirrors to see how they are looking. I'm not convinced.
Has someone been carrying out one of the experiments on Look Around You?
devilman wrote:
devilman wrote:
Oddly, I've just nosed at my parents' house on there and it appears that there are two blokes eyeing up my Dad's car. At least I think it's his.. I forget exactly what he's got.

My Dad has seen the two lads before and apparently they use the car windows as mirrors to see how they are looking. I'm not convinced.

No, I do this all the time.
My mum and dad are in their car outside their house. :D
I'm on there now ! Well, not me but the houses I stay at :D

I was here on the day they came too. My window was open :D
MaliA wrote:

Are the culprits the two little scamps stood on the green exchange box a bit further down the road who disappear in the next frame?
Cpt_Droman wrote:
Really? where are you? Isn't Chinny a Southampton boy too?

Chinney is closer to Romsey , i'm the other side of the Tesco roundabout - up the hill from the Jolly Sailor pub that Chinny keeps posting pictures of :-)

(I should point out I've lived in this area for the last 10 years , prior to that I lived just outside Glasgow)
Ah, Bursledon then? I worked on the tills at Tesco there between 16-19 during school and college years. The Jolly Sailor is a fine boozer, actually more of a stuck up yaughtie cunt establishment but same could be said of Ocean Village.
Lads I'm going to be in Sudaaaaaaampton in a few weeks if you fancy a coffee or something? I won't be stopping long 'cos I'll be lugging stuff back (the cabinets for my desk) but I'm up for meeting at a coffee place or something :)
Find a Kovacs.... go on!!
KovacsC wrote:

Don't test me!
DavPaz wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

Don't test me!

Awesome
If you keep going from here then you eventually fall into a white hole:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 72,,0,1.71
No white hole for me - after going through a couple of hedges and ending up back where I started I ended up stuck at a lamppost. :)
Four_Candles wrote:
No white hole for me - after going through a couple of hedges and ending up back where I started I ended up stuck at a lamppost. :)

That's the one.

"So what is it?"
It's ........... a lamppost that's crossed over from a parallel universe? :)
How cute is that :)
Streetview seems to be broken for me in Opera now. It loads the maps fine, and squeezes them into the corner, but instead of a photoview, I get a large black area instead.

Have they changed the way it is served, or is it Opera, or is it me?
Grim... wrote:

THIS STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN HOW I CAN WALK AROUND THE STREETS ON THE INTERNET?!1
I don't know if this has been updated again or I just missed it last time streetview was updated, but it is now in 3D (or rather is viewable in 3D if you have 3D glasses)
Attachment:
Picture 3.jpg
Google art project using street view tools to allow people to view museums.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/arts-p ... xs_sl_0001
When are they going to release the code that allows us to upload our own photos for virtual tours of our own houses, parks, local areas etc?

Get the people to do the work that Google Car can't.
My stalker used Street View to look up my house the other day and ask which one was mine and then ask if the houses with the signs up were for sale. I felt I had to point out that Street View photos aren't exactly current as he's not the brightest of sparks.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Now you can see the Amazon basin in street view.
http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... -with.html

And MaliA!
MaliA wrote:
And MaliA!

Not MaliA, phone would be in front of MaliA, taking pictue of MaliA
Trousers wrote:
MaliA wrote:
And MaliA!

Not MaliA, phone would be in front of MaliA, taking pictue of MaliA

I am the most fetch thing, wherever I go.

Edit: last selfie on my camera roll was on sat.
Brown shoes with black trousers? :o
Lonewolves wrote:
Brown shoes with black trousers? :o

West Yorkshire camoflage.
Bobbyaro wrote:
Now you can see the Amazon basin in street view.
http://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... -with.html

Stunning! Though hype creeps in:

"Now anyone can experience the beauty and diversity of the Amazon."

when "see" would have summed it up nicely without over-claiming (perhaps with 'some of' appended, if I were actually in charge).
Also includes TheVision!
TheVision wrote:
Also includes TheVision!

I bloody love the Cube. It makes you grin.
Lonewolves wrote:
That car :D

For some reason I :luv: Cubes.
Zardoz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Cubes are awesome, especially the white ones.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Cubes are awesome, especially the white ones.

That's sugar you're thinking of
TheVision wrote:
Also includes TheVision!

How long did you spend looking for that?
Bobbyaro wrote:
TheVision wrote:
Also includes TheVision!

How long did you spend looking for that?

Not long actually. I saw the Google car cross my path one day and thought about it a couple of months later. Had a quick look online and there it was. The next click down the street is an older version though so you can't see me from all angles. Shame.
Page 3 of 3 [ 148 posts ]