I have forum problems
LARGE text size
Whenever I open a thread, be it in a new tab or otherwise.. the text always starts out as LARGE and only goes to normal if I go "back" and then back into the thread or if I refresh the page.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
I think someone mentioned it once - Mimi, perhaps? Logging out, using the link on the login page to wipe all the board cookies, then logging in again might well sort it.
Ah excellent, that seems to have worked!

Thanks! :hat:
Is the forum being flaky for anyone else?
50% of the times I try to get to a page it 404s :S
Grim... wrote:

Yep. And the branding keeps going every so often.

Give it a kick.
Grim... wrote:

About 80% of the time for me. Downforeveryoneorjustme thinks it's fucked, too.
Christ knows.
I am of the "see if it fixes itself" persuasion.
Grim... wrote:

Yep. It wouldn't load recently.
Fine since I got home.
Yeah, it seems alright now.
Grim... wrote:

I was getting that earlier today (afternoon time), assumed there was a temporary problem because it seemed to fix itself.
Spellcasting: N*E*C*R*O*M*A*N*C*Y

So, a bit of a weird one. The forums are working fine, except I can’t click on one particular thread. The ‘What Have You Bought’ thread link goes great but doesn’t open. How am I going to find out when someone buys chicken nugget Tetris now?!
There are a couple of threads where I've recently noticed a 2-4 second pause before it loads, and that's one of them.
Huh, you're right. Do the other ones that don't load fast also have a lot of pictures in? I think it's doing a lot of math to resize them for phones.

The other threads are like lightning. It's probably not as much of a boast as it once was, but this is almost certainly the fastest PHPBB board that exists :D
I may have been stupid, it might just be that one, but it's often in different place in the list :DD

The "pictures of things I saw roost walking" seems to have a marginal delay, but YouTube and Lego not.

So, yeah.

Thanks for making me clear it up for myself mimi :D
Oh, you’re right. It does load after a pause (though the pause for me is about 14 seconds). I had obviously locked away from it earlier.

I’d not noticed it before yesterday, but now the delay is very pronounced. Would it be worth locking and starting a fresh one so you think, @Grim...?
I'll take a look tomorrow.
Such a massive "works eventually" difference suggests a client side problem I guess - spamming downloads of all images at once so connection limited?or the same but CPU/browser limited?

Ah, technology. Come the apocalypse you'll be second against the wall.
TheVision wrote:
Whenever I open a thread, be it in a new tab or otherwise.. the text always starts out as LARGE

Try standing back a bit from your screen or holding the phone further away.

Grim... wrote:
this is almost certainly the fastest PHPBB board that exists :D

And the fastest users too!
For ages now, I’ve not been getting any notifications of updates to threads. Last time I tried to change my email address I never got the confirmation message so couldn’t sign in again until I asked Russ or Mimi to let Grim… know.

Is there any logging that shows an error or other problem? I’d like to try updating my email address again but don’t want to get locked out.
Oh yeah, it hasn't sent emails for ages, sorry. It's actually AWS's fault.

It's on the list of things to tackle.
Grim... wrote:
Huh, you're right. Do the other ones that don't load fast also have a lot of pictures in? I think it's doing a lot of math to resize them for phones.

The other threads are like lightning. It's probably not as much of a boast as it once was, but this is almost certainly the fastest PHPBB board that exists :D

It loads really quickly for me. Funny that. :DD
Ah, it’s not just me then. Good luck with the fix.
Grim... wrote:
I'll take a look tomorrow.

Threads are loading... "Differently"... Now. Is that you fixing this? Because it does seem to have fixed the picture heavy response delay.

It's kind of odd having the page "zoom in" as pictures load large and shrink down to fit width, but I'm not sure I don't like it. Feels futuristic in an 80s way.
Go to that thread and navigate to page 76 and see if that loads slowly still, because I have a feeling that it’s one particular page that loads slowly and the thread has improved since it turned to page 77.

It’s the Tetris nugget!
Page 76 loads slowly, for sure but I think there are upwards of 50 or 60 megabytes of images in that one page
Oh yes, so it's some unrelated change. Maybe a Chrome update.
DavPaz wrote:
Page 76 loads slowly, for sure but I think there are upwards of 50 or 60 megabytes of images in that one page

Is that a lot more than on most of the other pages in that thread? Is it one particular image that’s huge?
Mimi wrote:
DavPaz wrote:

Is that a lot more than on most of the other pages in that thread? Is it one particular image that’s huge?

ABOUT THIS BIG
For the whole of today, when I’ve pressed ‘submit’ in a post it has taken me to a page that says the page is unavailable, so I have to press the back arrow and submit again. It always submits on the second try.

Edit: like this
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ]