The "Guides" Sub-forum
FORUM CHANGING DISCUSSION!
Shall we get rid of it? There's only two threads in there, and we've got a search now.
Yep.

I am against sub-fora as I never read them. They're too far up the screen to notice.
Also Sports. We have iconz now.
I'll put the off-topic posts back after lunchtime.
Grim... wrote:

Why can't I reply?
Um... I don't know. Huh?
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Why can't I reply?

Oh I can now. Someone must have been fiddling.

Right, basically keep sports but ditch the others. Sports stuff is often slow burning and hasn't really taken off yet. If it's still dead come the Euros, then ditch it.
Grim... wrote:
Um... I don't know. Huh?

Had an error saying I wasn't allowed to access this area when I hit reply.
Oh right. I shifted a load of off-topic posts into the mod forum so I can shift them back again later today, so that's probably the reason.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Right, basically keep sports but ditch the others. Sports stuff is often slow burning and hasn't really taken off yet. If it's still dead come the Euros, then ditch it.

:this:
I signed up for Sky Sports last night so I'll be watching a fair bit more as the summer goes on so it'd be nice to have somewhere to discuss it without having to dredge up old threads.
chinnyhill10 wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Why can't I reply?

Oh I can now. Someone must have been fiddling.

:this:
Er - we're not going to ditch reviews though, surely (or the mod forum, but obviously lots of you can't see that)?
Oh I didn't mean the reviews one, sorry. Just ditch the guides bit.
Keep reviews, obv. And Sports, so the sports talk is kept out of the way of decent, sensible folk who may be disturbed by talk of foul balls.
Grim... wrote:
Er - we're not going to ditch reviews though, surely (or the mod forum, but obviously lots of you can't see that)?

Not reviews, no. Or Bargains.

But reviews is destined for something else anyway. When it all happens. :attitude:
Bargains is an announcement, not a subforum.
Keep sports separate, so it's easier for me (and everyone else who isn't interested) to avoid.
You could say the same about Dr Who.... or Games... or anything.

Just don't click on the thread.
can you filter on the icons?
Not yet, but... that was... the idea... when I... you know... oh, never mind. Eventually, hopefully, yes. So you can 'roll your own' forum, which is ever such a clever idea for stopping people moaning about Signal To Noise Ratios (from both ends of the argument) quite so much...
Excellent. That's exactly what I proposed when we first started discussing subfora.
When was that?
Here. The only difference being that the tags are centrally assigned rather than user-assigned.
If that's the plan, then I reckon get rid of the sport sub forum also. If you see a Dimlie football next to it, just scroll on motherfucker!
CUS wrote:
Not yet, but... that was... the idea... when I... you know... oh, never mind. Eventually, hopefully, yes. So you can 'roll your own' forum, which is ever such a clever idea for stopping people moaning about Signal To Noise Ratios (from both ends of the argument) quite so much...

Oh yes, quite. This would be most excellent. With a linky list of the icons at the top for easy linkaging.

In the mean time, ditch the "Guides" forum, then ditch the Sport one too if the linky icons idea works.
myoptika wrote:
If that's the plan, then I reckon get rid of the sport sub forum also. If you see a Dimlie football next to it, just scroll on motherfucker!

It's a shame you people don't know me better, because I'm doing ever such a good job at the moment of not replying to everything like this with huge bold capitals, and screaming about people being insane/blind, and generally doing my best Charlton Heston. Really, I'm doing very well not to.

I agree Myoptika! Good idea. Let's do that.
I agree with Myoptika.
Has anyone seen CUS lately? He's not been posting much.
;)
It's because he steals everyone's ideas. I like myoptika's idea.
I won't fucking be soon, that's for sure.

edit: You can all get to fucking fuck, laddies.
CUS wrote:
I won't fucking be soon, that's for sure.

:droool:

I thought this dimlie was crying, then I realised it's slobbering. I'm leaving it in though.
CUS wrote:
myoptika wrote:

It's a shame you people don't know me better, because I'm doing ever such a good job at the moment of not replying to everything like this with huge bold capitals, and screaming about people being insane/blind, and generally doing my best Charlton Heston. Really, I'm doing very well not to.

I agree Myoptika! Good idea. Let's do that.

Lying on the floor not breathing very much whilst people pry guns out of your no longer tepid hands?
I agree with me.
I agree with Myoptika.
I think we need to club together and get CUS a little present to cheer him up, as I sense he's a little down.

Maybe "The Collected Wisdom of Myoptika", or something?
Mr Chris wrote:
I think we need to club together and get CUS a little present to cheer him up, as I sense he's a little down.

/joins in like a bastard
Mr Chris wrote:

No way - the P&P would be astronomical.
myoptika wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

No way - the P&P would be astronomical.

Anyone can increase font size...
Does it go up to 56 x 1035pt?
Mr Chris wrote:

If we all give 6p a day, we could buy him a Jesusphone. :attitude:

Or I could give him a 9 volt battery. I ordered 1 battery, was charged for 1 battery but my supplier sent me 1 *box* of batteries.

I now have 10 9 volt batteries which is a slight overkill. On the upside they only cost me 16p each, for Duracells as well.
Do batteries "go off"? If so, you'll just have to install another 9 smoke alarms so you can use them for something.
Yes, but it takes a while. Duracells have best before dates, IIRC.
Somewhere in the general region of a decade.

Which is why I was a little disturbed to find an out of date battery last time I moved.
I'll get rid of the guides forum, then.
Seems to be the general desire, if you read through the thread.
Yep, seems that way.
Page 1 of 2 [ 53 posts ]