Dates for WiiWare and others in Europe Announced
20th May 2008 for Wiiware
Link to release schedule http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/new ... _7920.html

So highlights I guess
WiiWare (Nintendo) 20th May 2008
Nintendo Channel (Nintendo) 30th May 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) 27th June

Does this mean they have changed the name to WiiWare from the awful Wii Software?

But no details on what games >:| I need Bomberman.
Bluecup wrote:

Aw, come on! This has been out in Japan forever!
Bluecup wrote:
Does this mean they have changed the name to WiiWare from the awful Wii Software?

Yeah, they dropped that a while back. Wii Fit was also going to be called 'Wit Fitness' over here for some reason until recently.

The WiiWare launch line-up in Japan was pretty awful all told.
Bluecup wrote:

My Brothers have been asking me at least twice a week since the announcement of the Wii when this is coming out...
do wonder how big the nintendo channel will be.. mario kart got me to move two games to the SD card.. if this is big as well, you can only have two n64 and 1 neo geo game on your main menu.. Nintendo, please give us an update that make sus play from the Sd card./. i got a nice white Sanddisk one with even Wii on it.. so come on
:this:

How on earth they thought it was a good idea to ship the Wii with only 512mb storage on I don't know.
Dimrill wrote:
:this:

How on earth they thought it was a good idea to ship the Wii with only 512mb storage on I don't know.

It's not the fact that it shipped with only 512mb of storage that's a bad thing (well, it is, but that's what they decided to do), it's more that nearly 18 months later, there's still no other options to people that have filled up their space other than, back stuff up to an sd card to make room (and then put it back if you actually want to play it), or just delete stuff and redownload it later.

With Wii Ware pretty imminent, you'd have thought they'd be on the verge of announcing some overpriced usb hard drive add on (not compatible with ordinary cheaper hard drives of cource), but there doesn't seem to be any sign yet. 8)
I've just had the email from Nintendo about Wiiware's launch today. I'll have to have a nose at what's available later - anyone tried it yet?
Still no fucking Wii points available to trade star points on?
I downloaded Lost Winds before leaving the house.

It looks incredible. I played it for ten minutes and it was awesome. No idea how it holds up though.

Read the review
The Edge write up on this made it sound awesome. Yeah, I'll have me some of that.

I take it that Wiiware doesn't offer downloadable demos, yes?
If you by Dr Mario you can send a demo to people on your friends list.

Which basically means no.

Stupid Nintendo.
I noticed this appeared as I was fiddling last night, I must have been one of the first to see it. Didn't buy owt though, due to lack of demo-age.
Thiss is the Wii we are talking about. People will buy any old shit. This shall be the governing factor.
There'll be reviews soon enough. If anyone does buy any of them, please do let us know if it's any good!
Sheepeh wrote:
There'll be reviews soon enough. If anyone does buy any of them, please do let us know if it's any good!

Don't buy TV Show King.
Aw, is it shitty? I thought it would be the one I'd get after having my hopes dashed by Wits & Wagers. How hard is it to do a bloody quiz game?
Sheepeh wrote:
Aw, is it shitty? I thought it would be the one I'd get after having my hopes dashed by Wits & Wagers. How hard is it to do a bloody quiz game?

Aye, it's a shame, I had high hopes for it. Biggest issue is lack of decent localisation, resulting in insultingly easy questions about European geography and nigh-on impossible questions about US sport. Also, criminal oversight in the lack of a buzzer. Also, whoever wins comes down to luck in the end anyway due to a Wheel of Fortune-style wheel between every round. Bah! I will do a proper review for BETEO if I can get my arse in gear.
Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]