New Dimlies
For saying what is what
Look up, and you'll see some new topic icons.

Here is the intended use:
Daft Thread: Image
RMD/question: Image
Serious: Image
Game: Image
Game alt 1: Image
Game alt 2: Image
Sport: Image
Guide: Image
Music: Image
Reviews: Image
Reviews alt: Image
Cookery: Image

There are also:
Announce: Image
Sticky: Image

If you could all put the appropriate icon on your new topics, it would be appreciated.
Also!
Moderators will add an icon for you if you forget (or change it if it's properly wrong). I've added a few already. Please don't be offended.
Oh, and there are some new smilies, too.
I know that it seems a bit crowded on the forum page at the moment, but I'm working on getting rid of the current topic icons and just using these dimlies instead.
[edit]Although it doesn't actually look too bad.
Thoughts?
I like the icons, but I use the original icons for their new post orangey glow. If you could make the Dimlies somehow indicate a new post, then we could lose the main ones altogether in my opinion. Simply turning the icons orange would probably be the easiest, but I guess that's Dimmers' choice.

I can forsee a lot of :this: happening in the next few days!
We already have 'new post' dimlies that work (t'was the plan) like this:

No new posts: Image

Obviously I'll be needing to dig the code-hammer out to get them to do what we want, so don't hold your breath.
Looks sexy as it is.
Also; if a post doesn't have a Dimlie, how will this new, radical, orange-iconless regime cope? HOW?¬!

Also, I'm glade we have a Science style Dimlie for the Guides. I wish he was a little dude in a labcoat with a beaker though, for those "Help, my <technical dohicky> is broke!"

edit: Just noticed the flat tops :)
The Dimlies are great. Thanks, Dimrill for making them, and Grim... for your efforts in spiffing up the forum. :smug:
They look great, Dimrill - I think that there should perhaps be a news one? We all know Malc loves his BBC news stories. A blue Trevor McDonald, perhaps (OK, he's not BBC, but I can't think of any other news icon...)
Excellent Dimmers, you've excelled yourself! :D
Oh, what's the 'sticky' one supposed to be?
Sheepeh wrote:
I like the icons, but I use the original icons for their new post orangey glow.

There's one of those next to the thread title too, though.
Mimi wrote:
Oh, what's the 'sticky' one supposed to be?
Snot, I'm guessing. Also, what everyone else said, these are excellent, well done Dimrill/Grim....
Haha, I hadn't seen :s before.
I think it is new. It is exactly my face this morning :S

Soon I will be :spew: because I will be travelling all day and then a little bit :( Stressed because I will be looking after my poorly gran, and I'm not really feeling up to it.

I hate the 'THIS' thing, but this guy is great
:this:
Considerable excellence Dimrill!
I thought the cookery one was a mushroom cloud at first.
Mimi wrote:
I hate the 'THIS' thing, but this guy is great

The Moshers are now happy :metul:

Well done Mister Dims!

..... and :titler: is now a smilie as well, HAHAHAHA, awesome!
Has been for quite a while.
The Dimlies rock my face.

:ninja:
That did happen once, after we drank too many kamikazes. That was a distressing experience.
Thank you all, it was NOTHING. NOTHING! Just added two for news and TV, as you may have noticed.
Ooh draw one for online shennanigans, a dimlie with a headset on or something.
Would these online shennanigans involve games?
Grim... wrote:

I put on my wizards robe and hat....
Grim... wrote:

Usually yes, but some people have complained in the past about xbox live threads because they don't have it, just thought it might be useful.
Why not use the 360 pad for Live related stuff and the invader for other gaming then?
Because pacman would get sad ;)
What we actually need is a 3x3 matrix of dimlies to the side of each post, allowing for every possible combination of topic types.
Fan-fucking-tastic work Dimrill. :hat:
Can there be a Zombie (or indeed Zomble) Dimlie?
Great work... Can we have a Noseybonky for 'freaky/scary'?
Can we have a cookery sub-forum?
<edit - this was a Shewolf post.>

Quote:
Could it be set so that these catargorie dimlies do not replace previously chosen icons please?
No. The previous icons don't exist any more.
SkyKid wrote:

Can we ban SkyKid?

Yes we can!

;)
Sheepeh wrote:
Could it be set so that these catargorie dimlies do not replace previously chosen icons please?

This was me, Sheepeh forgot to log out.

Can we have the others back please? I had an icon for one of my threads, and I think there should be the option.
Why?
That's a little off. Because people want these dimlies there (fair enough) it means everyone HAS to regardless???
Yup. It's a way of tagging the threads for people that don't want to read everything, you see.
There was a discussion about this a while ago.
What's up with you atm?
First you go and edit peoples posts and lock a thread and now we have no say suddenly in icons.
WTF
Zardoz wrote:
SkyKid wrote:

Can we ban SkyKid?

Yes we can!

;)

Shewolf wrote:
What's up with you atm?
First you go and edit peoples posts and lock a thread and now we have no say suddenly in icons.
WTF

Maybe you should have objected when we discussed this a while ago. The reason there's no say in icons is because that isn't how it works now - the old icons have gone. I'm not going to undo all the work I did last night to get them back for one of your old threads.

(I've locked four threads, in case you have a wall chart or something)
You didn't really give that much of a window, y'know.
Maybe. Two weeks is a fair bit of time though, to be honest.
There was another thread about a complete abolition of the post icons before this one?

You only activated the post icons five days ago.
Aye. And you've only had user topic icons since that thread - I turned them on a few days ago.
We never had them before.

[edit]Aha, I spy your edit. Yes, um... Your point?
They are just icons. Does it really matter?
Page 1 of 4 [ 173 posts ]