The clittycally-insane Cull of Jewty 4 Mordor Wharfe Hare
IGN.COM - 9/10
Myp -

Mr Dave wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
I really soundly enjoyed the single player campaign, and it's another that completely changes when you bang it up to the top difficulty. I've avoided One Shot One Kill on veteren so far, as the thought of the final ferris wheel assault at that difficulty makes me feel queasy.

There's a youtube video of how to do the final bit, which involves mainly hiding and blowing up some c4s when the helicopter arrives, as far as I can tell.

(I didn't use this, it took a fair few attempts trying it properly before I managed it)
Quite easy to shoot them off the ropes once the helichopper arrive, do the one to the left first, then get as many off the middle one you can. There's always some PRATT who climbs onto the lower platform of the ferris wheel. If you're being shot from that direction, there's where to look. There's also a collectible Intel item at that point. When the choppers arrive, a door opens on the right hand side block of flats and disgorges a squad of bad twats, the intel is on the floor at the back of the entrance hall :S
The single player is awesome, all killer no filler and that.

I loathe real war settings thinking them untasteful and needless, but CoD4's excellence won me over. So many stand out moments...

(Massive 1 player campaign spoilers - don't read unless you've finished it. Seriously)
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
The rescue the chopper pilot before the nuke goes off story was excellent. Ho hum I thought, another Americans save the day never leave a man behind story. And then the nuke goes off. Then the "level" after that? Fucking awesome. The nerd in me thinks it is quite a powerful example of what video games can manage that cinema can't.

The Grainy IR footage from the plane as you kill people whilst the radio chatters was horribly realistic.

The whole of Captain Price's flashback was a theatre of excellence.

Overall I'm surprised how much I bonded with my fake SAS squad as well. Especially good old Captain Price.

Incidentally I've just worked out that this guy from eastenders was Price.

That was bugging me a lot.
The guy playing the other SAS dude was also from Eastenders... he played 'Dan'.

EDIT - Also, myoptika, in the Ferris Wheel I tended to concentrate my claymores on the far side of the Ferris Wheel... definitely put one by the wheel itself, then pick them all off at range. If you stay near your mate he can help too, and be ready to occasionally leg it over to the far side with your pistol (or a gun stolen from a dead body) to take out any pesky flankers.
Some good shootage last night, gentlemen!

It was, admittedly, much better when we were playing regular Team Deathmatch as opposed to Ground War. It kept on giving us the smaller maps, which wasn't much fun at all with that amount of people. Maybe if we're having trouble with connections and not enjoying the larger matches so much we should just go and have some private ones? I think I'd enjoy running around and blowing you lot up more than just getting sontinually slaughtered playing Domination on Countdown!

To quote someone,

"Worst game of domination, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever!"
It was top fun. It was nice to finally have a mic, too.
CBA playing last night after getting tk'd other night

might join in again towards the end of the week.
I can't believe CoD4 has taken me away from my precious GTA4.

It sucks not having as much time as I want to play games. :(
Curiosity wrote:
Some good shootage last night, gentlemen!

I'm still fairly smug at my 13:1 kill:death ratio. I did awesomely on that map.

(Also, on overgrown where I managed to take out three people who had just come out of a door in front of me, while having to reload between the second and third. Promptly followed by the game ending. I think the host may have been one of the three.)

I also parade my gold staryness over Myp.
I reached the heady heights of level 5 "spud peeler" after our online action.

I can now choose between all the normal guns for main weapon, and either penknife or rolled up Razzle for side arm.

No Jugger'naughty'ness from me, but I did stick on extra penetration (hmpf) and extra runnyness.
I thought create a class unlocked by level 5?

Juggernaut is apparently available the moment you can, in Perk 2.
Mr Dave wrote:
I thought create a class unlocked by level 5?

Yes. Like I said, kinda.
But then you should be able to juggernaut it up with the best of them.
I didn't have a bad game last night.
Mr Dave wrote:
But then you should be able to juggernaut it up with the best of them.

I can. But awesome people don't. Like I said last night.

You just don't take any notice of me...
Ohh, From rather than for.

I don't have it on any of my classes. I like UAV jammer too much. (With Stopping power and Sleight of hand on a couple of classes)

The ginger fitting cat is stalking around outside. I am scared.
I think it's perfectly acceptable for people to use Juggernaut when they're not at a high enough level (though I don't know what this arbitrary point is). Anyone not up to 55 or in Prestige can use it, really, before it becomes a bit 'cheap'... and even then, nobody is strictly stopping you, other than the scorn of your peers. I've seen people using it who have the gold cross, fer chrissakes.

Either way, I have stopping power attached to all of my classes for perk two, and am ludicrously happy that I got my claymores back last night!

When we're playing the 6-a-side Deathmatches, things are getting more and more fun, as now people have played it a fair bit, they're getting better, and it makes for more interesting matches where anyone can end up with the most kills, and we don't always get buried, even when Bobby isn't around!
Depends on the map. I never do well in Countdown, Bog or Strike.
My best map appears to be Backlot, but I don't really like it. :S
Mr Dave wrote:
Depends on the map. I never do well in Countdown, Bog or Strike.

Bog is without a doubt my best map for performing on, but that is always as a sniper. Either hide behind the wall or in the far courtyard with a snipe rifle and shoot anything foolish enough to come around the corner. Repeat.

I quite like Strike now as well, though I used to do terrribly on it. The trick for me is finding a secluded place either on the ground or more likely upstairs (in the little rooms opposite the entrance corridors), and then picking off the people on a different level to you while they look the other way.

My actual 'favourites' in terms of fun would be Crash and (Granny's) Overgrown, probably.
Surely Bloc, just because it has Granny's burning slope?
Mr Dave wrote:
Surely Bloc, just because it has Granny's burning slope?

Or Creek, for having Granny's Dry Crevice.

But I actually meant in terms of gameplay.
No love for Downpour?! It has Granny's Wet Entrance!
Yeah good games. My friend and I play on Tuesdays so don't have my head set on so we can both hear you... just about. Kill kill death!
I only noticed you'd disappeared last night when your invite came through, water! Sorry about that. By the time we'd got back to the lobby you'd gone offline.
itsallwater wrote:
Yeah good games. My friend and I play on Tuesdays so don't have my head set on so we can both hear you... just about. Kill kill death!

If you go into the xbox panel, you can set it so that speech comes through both the headset and speakers, so you could use the headset as well as allowing your friend to hear what's going on. Even if you don't want to talk to us in favour of your friend, it would make hearing us much easier.
Oh, and Zardoz, sorry for disappearing without saying goodbye like that. I did say goodbye, but had previously turned off my microphone due to high levels of cockage.
No worries mate, you'd probably have been drowned out by shrieking Elmos. I don't think I said a word on those final few games we played.
Pressing "back" and muting the gobshites is a great tactic for peaceful Live.
Dimrill wrote:
Pressing "back" and muting the gobshites is a great tactic for peaceful Live.

Indeed. The mute button is your friend.
And the gun is your lover.
What does that make your claymore?
He doesn't have any, due to being useless new.
The claymore is a fanny magnet...

...or maybe a posh wank.
There are posh wanks now? Wow.
Going to be posting a bit less (at least during work hours) as need to work and not procrastinate quite so heavily (three months left to finish phd!) - but I'll be playing CoD4 when I can.
Lave wrote:
three months left to finish phd!
Three months to end of grant, or three months to hard deadline?
Get to work you lazy stargazer!
Those horoscopes don't write themselves.
richardgaywood wrote:
Lave wrote:
three months left to finish phd!
Three months to end of grant, or three months to hard deadline?

Both! I got a new fangled 4 year phd so those two things are the very same.

FFFUUUUUCCCCK!
That;[s a fucking good point, Christttyfur. Lave, could you move Jupiter 2 inches to the left so I win the lottery plz? k THNX!
Hmmm... This weeks horoscope for me from Horoscopes.co.uk ...

Quote:
you may also find that others are quick to point out past lapses of judgement (especially on Monday and Tuesday).

So far, none of you have told me how much I suck. The horoscope fails.
You suck.

Horoscope wins! I expect you owe them some money now, or something.
'fraid not.

Ooh, this is perceptive:

Quote:
Aries is one of the Fire signs of the zodiac. People born under a Fire sign tend to be enthusiastic but, like fire itself, have enthusiasm levels that range from dying embers to forest fires

Translated: People born in aries may be anywhere between not enthusiastic and enthusiastic.

Well done. I think they deserve a lolly.
Mr Dave wrote:
Hmmm... This weeks horoscope for me from Horoscopes.co.uk ...

Quote:
you may also find that others are quick to point out past lapses of judgement (especially on Monday and Tuesday).

So far, none of you have told me how much I suck. The horoscope fails.

Remember that time when you did something which was a lapse of your judgement? I just thought it might be best pointing out that it happened at that point in your life.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, remember when you posted on an internet forum about how people should point out your lapses of judgement? I don't think it was wise to do that.
Lave wrote:
Both! I got a new fangled 4 year phd so those two things are the very same.
Damn kids. I had to work during my 4th year.
Dimrill wrote:
Yeah, remember when you posted on an internet forum about how people should point out your lapses of judgement? I don't think it was wise to do that.

Mr Dave is the Anti-Owl.
Page 16 of 44 [ 2199 posts ]