The clittycally-insane Cull of Jewty 4 Mordor Wharfe Hare
IGN.COM - 9/10
Zardoz wrote:
You're all gay.

This is true. The Bad Americans told us we were.
Curiosity wrote:
Lave wrote:
That was fun, till the americans were very 'gun-ho americana' to us. Not really experienced that before.

I'm rather new to all this, and I must say I'm rather enjoying it all. I was going to get the map pack till you all dissed it.

Yes, that type of American is annoying. I'm sure they go back to Be-Aggressive-And-Hateful-To-Each-Other.Com and glory about how they defeated some British people and made jokes about tea!

I like the map pack. If we get too many people to play in games (more than 8) then playing on Killhouse is great fun, as it's just a warehouse full of obstacles. I really love 'Creek', and tend to do well on it by hiding in specific places and being sneaky. 'Chinatown' is confusing and I still don't know my way around it, but isn't too bad. 'Broadcast' can be fun, though it's very easy to think you're in a safe place, only to find out seconds later that you're somewhere with about seven lines of sight to it.

My favourite map though has to be 'Overgrown'. Excellent map.

Overgrown is also my favourite, and my Girlfriends too. It is super-excellent. I'm quite tempted to get the map pack as creek sounds quite interesting.

I'm astonished at how much 'The Lady'* has taken to CoD4. She's completed the game on Recruit (which is all I played it on too) and is getting better and better at the multiplayer.

The Wii has a lot to answer for, she was never really a gamer** until I bought that wonderful machine.

* She needs an official anonymity giving BeeX-Name to avoid the wrath of the ever present scientologists.

** urgh, I hate that word.
She should henceforth be known as 'Skeptogirl'.

Our game on Creek last night was amusing, as most people don't like it and did badly, whereas I mostly stayed in Granny's House (she has an extensive property portfolio) with my LMG and a stolen Sniper Rifle, and ended up with something like 17-2.

I can also confirm that I pretty much never finish with a positive ratio on Chinatown. I just have no idea how to play it, other than running round like a headless chicken, shouting 'DVD' in a stupid accent, and then getting shot from a window.
Yes, that's right, I demand some naked photos of beex WAGs, get to it.

What? Hang on, ramsea is elbowing me....oh yeah, also attach email addresses and 'vital statistics'.

Many thanks, flis: official beex WAG

I quite like the waterfall on the Creek map. It's pretty. When filled with the blood of the enemy! The roof of grannys holiday home is quite a good place to start, or behind the trees on the bank down by the barn thing at the opposite end. I cannot stand chinatown, the dim sum is not as readily available as they suggest.
Right.

When I've finished the GTA single player game, I'm getting CoD4.

The fact that there are now (ZOMG!) chicks playing, not just fagz has swayed me.
I will wear a 'sports-support' when playing so no fears their Brum Chum.
Curiosity wrote:
She should henceforth be known as 'Skeptogirl'.

Ha ha! I doubt she'll except anything that makes her look like my sidekick though.

flis wrote:
Yes, that's right, I demand some naked photos of beex WAGs, get to it.

What? Hang on, ramsea is elbowing me....oh yeah, also attach email addresses and 'vital statistics'.

Many thanks, flis: official beex WAG

Hello flis!

OK, you first then (cunning plan in action)...

How do you and Ramsea play at the same time? Are you on seperate Xboxes? I wish you could have two people on at once like Mario Kart Wii. That would be awesome sauce.
Also, photo and measurements on the way via Live flis. ;)
Lave wrote:
you and Ramsea at the same time...I wish...two people on at once...Wii sauce.

Dude, please.
Lave wrote:

How do you and Ramsea play at the same time? Are you on seperate Xboxes? I wish you could have two people on at once like Mario Kart Wii. That would be awesome sauce.

Yep, seperate xboxes, it's ace. I get to lie in bed whilst pwning your asses.....ooh-er! 8)
Zardoz wrote:
Lave wrote:
you and Ramsea at the same time...I wish...two people on at once...Wii sauce.

Dude, please.

Crivens. I'm awful.
flis wrote:
Lave wrote:

Yep, seperate xboxes, it's ace. I get to lie in bed whilst pwning your asses.....ooh-er! 8)

Lave, you should try it, its an ingenius plan...you pretend you are buying your other half a pressy cos you love them...btw FLIS if you look at the below spoiler you can blow me for a week.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
but really you are only doing it because you want the bitch to leave the living room so you can have it for yourself.

As good as a splitscreen online action thingy would be good in theory, I think having half a screen to everyone elses full screen would make the game even harder online and would result in more negative kill death ratios than it does already.

To be safe, youre best of buying another xbox and tv and live subscription and wireless adapter and COD 4 game of the year edition game and be done with it....do it, do it now.
Ramsea wrote:
As good as a splitscreen online action thingy would be good in theory, I think having half a screen to everyone elses full screen would make the game even harder online and would result in more negative kill death ratios than it does already.

Yeah I guess, especially as my 4:3 ratio SD:TV does that enough already.

"Oh via the kill cam I see you shot me from the other end of the map on you 600" HDTV whilst on my TV I don't even show up as a pixel. Hey ho!"

Still weighed against the cost of a HDTV + 360 + Game I'ld go with that.
I agree (GRAW can do it but perhaps the better graphics of COD is too much for the box to handle? I dunno) but it would have be a nice option to have and probably wouldve saved me the hassle and cost of buying another system and tv etc.

Would be even better if there was an option where only splitscreeners could play thus putting everyone on a level playing field.
I hope I get that bug again, that was sheer awesomeness.

*Gets shot in head*
*Explodes self robbing shooter of kill*

rinse and repeat .
That was fun. Though I should have been working.

The Lady enjoyed playing after I gave up, but got freaked out by the talking. Apparently one of the randoms called her a whore.

She's not very used to the internet (frankly) so she's not used to how much anonymous twats can be, well twats.
I must've missed that bit. I complimented her on her smashing blouse.
Ah, ok. She thought the blouse comment was creepy. And she previously said you were nice.

You lose Mr Dimrill.
Lave wrote:
Ah, ok. She thought the blouse comment was creepy. And she previously said you were nice.

You lose Mr Dimrill.

Awww, and the blouse comment was clearly said with the best intentions...

I must say though that Mr Dave's second attempt at playing with the bug was genuinely hilarious. Watching him race down a corridor, only to blow himself up, ranks amongst my favourite CoD moments.

:)
twas not bad, but wasn't really feeling it tonight.
I liked the C4. Although I can't really see too much use for it in the real game, it is fun to use private matches.
Bobbyaro wrote:
I liked the C4. Although I can't really see too much use for it in the real game, it is fun to use private matches.

Best time ive used it was once id planted the bomb, placed c4 on it.

3 chumps all chased up trying to get the bomb, by which point id retired to a safe distance, and proceeded to blow all 3 to hell - grabbing 150 points, an acheivement and uber respect from cool americans in the process.
I enjoyed our one game of Search and Destroy, as it appeals entirely to my sneaky nature as a sneak.

:)
Pah! The blouse comment was quoted from Bottom. SHE loses! :P
Just another reason why girls suck at games, you cant joke over headsets with them...
LaceSensor wrote:
Just another reason why girls suck at games, you cant joke over headsets with them...

She doesn't understand our clicque you see. :ninja:

Dimrill wrote:
Pah! The blouse comment was quoted from Bottom. SHE loses! :P

Quoting Bottom? In 2008? I'm afraid the loser status passes back to you :p

Seriously though she's extremely confused by internet relationships. It's taken her long enough to grasp why I might talk to strangers on the internet like this. She's a product of an older time. Apparently one of the random internet people said "What skeptobot's a girl? What is she a whore?" She's had a bit of stick at other times playing by herself too. - Live is full of twunts.

On a lighter note though she thinks she can here "lots of girls" playing CoD4 and I haven't the heart to tell her their just 12 year old boys who voices haven't broken yet.
If I'd have heard that I would've defended her against such cads! As it were I was probably pouring myself some more port :hat:
Maybeez there should be a cod4 WAGs night, you lot can sit and laugh while we get killed to death with guns and struggle to work out which is the shoot button or panic like a girl when greated by a flashy grenade icon....I might actually buy a pink controller just for the occasion.
flis wrote:
Maybeez there should be a cod4 WAGs night, you lot can sit and laugh while we get killed to death with guns and struggle to work out which is the shoot button or panic like a girl when greated by a flashy grenade icon....I might actually buy a pink controller just for the occasion.

It's pretty much like that when the blokes play.
It is indeed. I like how flis said I was so butch when I screamed in fright going around a corner to find some enemies.
I get so scared by a grenade Icon that I typically run towards it. Or drop the controller.

Neither are helpful.
Lave wrote:
I get so scared by a grenade Icon that I typically run towards it. Or drop the controller.

Neither are helpful.

I normally freeze and think ot myself, "That's probably not close enough to kill me..."

I then die.
Ooh, I do that one too. A lot.

In other news I bought the map pack as The Lady wanted it, and I want to play creek which sounds good.
Lave wrote:
In other news I bought the map pack as The Lady wanted it, and I want to play creek which sounds good.

Excellent. It's a great map once you work out which vantage points are instant death.
Thats pretty much anywhere for me then. Especially whenever a helicopter is flying about, now I just run inside and hide it out.

Talking of which, I got a ten kill streak yesterday and got my first helicopter. Go Team Lave.
Lave wrote:
Thats pretty much anywhere for me then. Especially whenever a helicopter is flying about, now I just run inside and hide it out.

Well, I normally camp in the (Granny's) house next to the ridge. The one with the wooden 'pier' outside it, with the ladder down to the caves.

I claymore the two doorways, and set my sights on the thin ridge, and wait. If I get bored (or hear shots, or see UAV dots) I run to the side windows to provide cover for my chums. Of course, more than one or two people doing this in the house renders it slightly pointless, as I am taking advantage of their bloodlust in killing you fools stood out in the open to pop them in the back of their heads. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I prefer Granny's House with the manky attic to hide in. Claymore the stairs and hole in the roof, job's a guddun.
Talking of C4, on one of the desert city levels (I forget which) on Domination I go to Flag A which is in a little court yard with two doors. I chuck C4 around the flag and run away till I'm totally hidden (no line of sight, nothing).

Then when/if the flag direction indicator flicks to red I pop the C4. You can even take out 3 or 4 as they power on to get the points.

Then you head back, retake it and repeat.
Man, I need to get back in to this, haven't played for a while - DAMN YOU COMICALGNOMES AND YOUR MAGICAL WHITE WII!!

:hat:
Lave wrote:

Aww, nuts. Now I can't greet you with "Ahh, what loser hasn't bought the map pack. Oh, it's Lave, that big girly loser" anymore.

Last night was awesome, of only for my guys propensity for blowing himself up. It was so funny trying to find someone in the 5 seconds before I exploded. (Suggestion: Kamikaze game mode. Only weapon allowed is a non thrown grenade, it was surprisingly fun)
Sadly, I never actually managed to get close enough to anyone to unleash my fury upon them. Although I did have great fun with the combination of the grenade bug and last stand robbing Flis of several kills.

However, I didn't think it'd be fair to inflict a constantly exploding teammate on anyone. I probably would not have reset if we had another free for all.
Brace yourselves fuckwads! I am borrowing CoD4 tomorrow (off the same pal who let lent me Burnie Pee!).

Prepare to watch me bumble around getting shot for a while - before becoming awesome!
*yawn*

We're playing Final Fantasy XI: 2008 Edition, now.
Mr Dave wrote:
Lave wrote:

Aww, nuts. Now I can't greet you with "Ahh, what loser hasn't bought the map pack. Oh, it's Lave, that big girly loser" anymore.

Ahhh, poor Mr Dave

Zardoz wrote:
Brace yourselves fuckwads! I am borrowing CoD4 tomorrow (off the same pal who let lent me Burnie Pee!).

Prepare to watch me bumble around getting shot for a while - before becoming awesome!

Phew your saved!
Yay! And I'm so good at abusing Zardoz.
Zardoz wrote:

You've been playing Forza for as long as I can remember...how much longer will it be until you become this awesome you speak of?
Does this mean you've given Burning Pee back then?
Dimrill wrote:
Does this mean you've given Burning Pee back then?

If so, I amusingly vote that we play that solidly for the rest of the week.
myoptika wrote:

:spew:
CUS wrote:
myoptika wrote:

:spew:

What he vomited.

I don't have Burny Pee anymore. Unless I borrow one of the two copies in the house.
Page 12 of 44 [ 2199 posts ]