Excellent Content
Well, we've all had a nice little sit down now, a nice rest, a bit of a laugh and a joke. We've learned a lot, these last few weeks. I feel that we've all moved a lot closer to each other.

However, there is still the mission. The mission of creating stuff, stuff to make BETEO/BEEX the leading name in whatever it is we end up doing. We must not forget! It's all about the mission, John.

Many of us have created some lovely writing. Sub-editing is in process. Quirky open-source software is being prodded at here, there, though not everywhere. In the right places, that's what matters.

This does however still leave some very important things to be decided, to be acted out, to be done. It's action time, people.

Cast open your imaginations like the thighs of a loved one, and share with us all the glories you have conceived.

What do you WANT? What do you want to do, or to see?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to integrate yourself deeper within the nestling bosom of the forum collective. Specifically, see the 'Reviews' section, yo.

And forward! Together, to VICTORY, my people!

What that inspirational? I'm not used to this 'smiling' thing. Do you think they believed me? Man, I'm gonna get so fucking rich. Hey, is this still on-
CUS wrote:
What that inspirational? I'm not used to this 'smiling' thing. Do you think they believed me? Man, I'm gonna get so fucking rich. Hey, is this still on-

I'd like to see it presented as a site that highlights games both old and new, many of which have been skipped over in the general press or forgotten. By all means review the mainstream stuff, but it should be a place people go and go "shit, that looks cool, I must play that".

I.e not lots of reviews of Sensi or Super Mario Dicking Around On A Wii because they've been done to death elsewhere.
Just games, then? Or maybe just games to start with?
And just reviews, or reviews and features?
Oi'd like to see things other than games reviewed. And just general "stuff" not necessarily reviews. It'll be like an Amiga diskmag, But On The Innerneh!
I'm going to keep this one on topic for now, chaps - all your funny posts will be saved and put back later.
I'd quite like to review relatively obscure and unpopular books, if I can.
Games reviews and features both Classic & New

Music & Film recommendations

Bargains

Shits and Giggles

Some decent smileys
That sounds great, I'd be interested in that.
I'm going to head up the sauce, ketchup, chutney, jam, marmalade, bread, crisp, sweet and mustard comparison section.
myoptika wrote:
I'm going to head up the sauce, ketchup, chutney, jam, marmalade, bread, crisp, sweet and mustard comparison section.

I'm so glad you've mentioned this for the third time. *evilly rubs hands*
Pictures of the Wednesday BETEO Forza RaceNight of Gentlemen
MaliA wrote:

Is that going to appeal to the general masses, though?
MaliA wrote:

They have, and always will be in the BETEO Forza thread dude.
Zardoz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Woo and hoo.
I do the most posting of them too, and have a section of my website for such things with commenting abilities, along with other live based photos. I could open it up to other users to post if you wanted though. (However, it can't just be put here due to it being a n asp.net site)
Zardoz wrote:
Games reviews and features both Classic & New
Music & Film recommendations
Bargains
Shits and Giggles
Some decent smileys

So, Pixelsurgeon - interviews - art news blog + shits + giggles + smilies + bargains * monkeys?
Holy shit Pixelsurgeon is now Wyld Stallyons - WOAH DUDE!

http://www.pixelsurgeon.com/ - go look see
That's quite the rum coincidence, what? *looks at first page on Wyld Stallyons site* That's awful, I hate it.
Weirdly I was on another forum yesterday and for no apparent reason this picture popped up in someone's post about some festival:
I think we should make up a fictional person and pretend all of the content is by them.

Like Lloyd Magrum in Crash, but not shit.
B.J. McKay and his best friend Bear?
I dunno - all of the best review mags I've read have reviewers with clear personalities, and I liked that.
I'm going to review your reviews.
Grim... wrote:
I dunno - all of the best review mags I've read have reviewers with clear personalities, and I liked that.

What about Total?

Oh wait.......
If you're going to have a reviews site, it's best to attribute reviews to the reviewer. I like the idea of it being everything and not just games. There's plenty of games review sites out there. Probably plenty of everything out there actually.

I used to mainly review films when I had a 'blog'. Not that I was particularly good at it. Well actually I didn't think so but some guy called Tom Camfield did.
markg wrote:
Weirdly I was on another forum yesterday and for no apparent reason this picture popped up in someone's post about some festival:

The font is virtually the same...
As in completely different the same.

*huff*
We need to use the image of that center slab somewhere. Perhaps on the 'site'. Hmm...
I have no idea where it came from though, as I said it was in a post about some music festival so I went on their website and could find no reference to it.
Mm! It's ripe for the stealing.
I used to do a review site too.. and I think it was ok(ish). I'd be happy to offer some reviews or even comical writings! Anyone remember my letter to Sainsburys off WOS? I have some more that I'd be happy to contribute!

After reading that back it sounds like I'm acting like the younger brother desperately trying to get the attention of the bigger brother and his mates... Ho hum... I just want to belong.
Oh yes! That letter was the shiznit.
There should be reviews of each of the excellent gentlemen (and laydeez) of BETEO.
What, like "Kalmar, more expensive than he used to be. 73 bananas"?
"Mr. Chris - Nice chap, but always disagrees with me - 4.5/73%"
Sheepeh's idea from the shumps thread - the "Be Excellent To Each Other Guide To Being Excellent At..." is a winner. And not only because of the title.
I wish to tentatively suggest an area for 'things of interest' or some such. A place to call attention to health info, charities, things going on that need support..etc
That was it really lol... a place to post these things. So they don't get lost.
What do you mean by "health info"? I like the idea of there being some kind of liberal pinko goodie-goodie flowerpatch, used properly for proper things.
Well, anything of general interest to people or raising awareness for certain less well known conditions or well known conditions, fund raising events, online or not..petitions for good causes, sponserships, new drugs on the market, eco awareness...and accessible information for people.
Topics like these often get lost and I thought it would be a good idea to have a section or sections for these to be put and not get lost or overlooked. So people can go back to them if they want to and so that they are easily accessible.

Does that make sense? It does in my head.
Rodafowa wrote:
Sheepeh's idea from the shumps thread - the "Be Excellent To Each Other Guide To Being Excellent At..." is a winner. And not only because of the title.

This. Mainly because of the title. :DD

(well that and I really need a BETEO Guide To Being Excellent at CoD4 Online)
Shewolf wrote:
Well, anything of general interest to people or raising awareness for certain less well known conditions or well known conditions, fund raising events, online or not[...]

You know this thread is nothing to do with the forum, right? It's for the mythical 'site'?
All hail the site!
Not that kind of mythical. And not that mythical anyway.
MaliA wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Woo and hoo.

allthough those pictures might not be that interesting to me, i would like a few comunity pages, a revamped wiki, but also things about the mario kart club, the swos cup and this forza thing etc, it is a way to show the community focus of this forum
Since there is no 'no forum ideas here please' sign I figured it as good a place as any.
Had the intended effect too.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=269
?

[edit]I completely misread your post. Sorry about that.
Sorry, it wasn't clear.
Page 1 of 4 [ 161 posts ]