Destiny 2
Destiny's Child
Anyone else had a go at the Beta?

I quite enjoyed it, tbh. There's one storyline mission, one Strike, and some multiplayer gubbins.

The storyline mission was quite good,
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Fighting through the shattered Tower
was good fun. There's a bit where you enter an area and discover other players fighting to defend it which was really nice and felt 'clever'.

Decently long and quite well structured too. And you didn't have to defend Dinkle/Nolanbot 3000 once!

The Strike was pretty good too, a little bit more complex than previous games strikes. The boss took a lot of punishment though, but obviously you have limited weaponry.

Saying that, the weapons feel underpowered. And it seems to take an age for your grenades etc to recharge.
I'm getting this DAY 1 BAYBEEEEE!

Not.
I get it with my new graphics card and the Saturday Night Chaps crowd are all going to give it a punt so yes we'll be giving it a go multiplayer style.

Never played the first Destiny as it was console only.
I'd love to get into Destiny 2 but I just don't think I can give it the time it deserves.

I'm going to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition and see what I'm like then.
I got it on release, and so far: It's Destiny, but with more character, less bullshit and more to do.
Never played Destiny but tempted to try this.

Just assumed it was a cross between Halo / Borderlands so didn't give it much attention.
Zardoz wrote:
Just assumed it was a cross between Halo / Borderlands so didn't give it much attention.

That sounds like a fucking brilliant game.
Destiny was one of my favourite games this gen so I'll definitely be grabbing this
Reet, a friend of mine is keen to play this together. A little lockdown game.

I've never played it before. I have Destiny 2 Forsaken, which came with PS+ sub.

But given Forsaken is an expansion, are we better starting with a different flavour of Destiny 2?

I've looked around online and I must say I find it very fucking bewildering.
Findus Fop wrote:
I have Destiny 2 Forsaken, which came with PS+ sub.

I don't think this is true. It was the base version of Destiny 2 that was given as part of PS+, partly as a way to try and boost sales for the Forsaken add-on that was released shortly after. Unless you bought Forsake separately then you don't have it.

That aside, Forsaken is just an add-on for the base game; it's not like a separate game or something. So just play whatever version you've got and you'll get access to whatever content that gives you.
Bamba wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
I have Destiny 2 Forsaken, which came with PS+ sub.

I don't think this is true. It was the base version of Destiny 2 that was given as part of PS+, partly as a way to try and boost sales for the Forsaken add-on that was released shortly after. Unless you bought Forsake separately then you don't have it.

That aside, Forsaken is just an add-on for the base game; it's not like a separate game or something. So just play whatever version you've got and you'll get access to whatever content that gives you.

Ah, that helps. I can just play Destiny 2 as is. I've been doing some more reading about Destiny 2 and it's hard to unpick where the fun comes from.
Quote:
it's hard to unpick where the fun comes from.

I imagine the shooting things in the face.
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]