MeatUp Festival 2017
12th August
Hello!

Pencil in the 12th August for epic meat feasting.

Info and signup at https://meatupfestival.co.uk

People what are coming:
Bamba
Cras
Emelia
GazChap+1
Grim...+1 (zzz)
Joans (zzz)
Kern
Lonewolves+1 (zzz)
MaliA+1
Mr Dave (zzz)
NervousPete (zzz)
The Jacket (zzz)
Bah! The only week that Helen could get off work for a summer holiday includes that weekend.
Holiday in bedford!
I have a triathlon the next day the Cotswold Classic

I will pop in if that is ok.
Pop the fuck in, eat the fuck meat, drink the fuck booze. What, you want your triathlon to be easy? Suck it up, sweetheart.
Cras wrote:
Pop the fuck in, eat the fuck meat, drink the fuck booze. What, you want your triathlon to be easy? Suck it up, sweetheart.

It is 70.3 miles of fun.
Only fun if you're drunk.
Mr Dave wrote:
Only fun if you're drunk.

I would drown
Yay! In.

Mr Dave wrote:
Holiday in bedford!

After Bedford, hop on the X5 and visit the world-renowned international tourist hotspot that is Bicester Village. Or at least drop the wife off there.
KovacsC wrote:
I would drown

Kern wrote:
Yay!

Harsh!
Hullo! I might come along to this actually; flights and a hotel are about £150-ish which seems reasonable. I mention it now in case anyone wants to 'unexpectedly' pull out at the news.
Bamba wrote:
Hullo! I might come along to this actually; flights and a hotel are about £150-ish which seems reasonable. I mention it now in case anyone wants to 'unexpectedly' pull out at the news.

Bamba!!!!
Bamba wrote:

We wouldn't do that.

We'll just change the weekend after you book your flights ;)
Cras wrote:
We'll just change the weekend after you book your flights ;)

Well, yes; that is the other reason that I mention my intention publicly prior to actually spending any money.

Huh. 'Publically' isn't actually a word, how has it taken me so long to notice that?
Lonewolves wrote:
Out

Poor Sal.
Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Out

Poor Sal.

Lucky escape I'd say.
That's my flights and hotel booked so you're safe to go ahead and change the date and location now.
Grim... wrote:
Details and a firmer commitment to the date will arrive in a week or so.

Don't go booking a hotel just yet!

:!:
But it's okay, that will be the date.
Grim... wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Details and a firmer commitment to the date will arrive in a week or so.

Don't go booking a hotel just yet!

:!:

Oops, I never looked at the date of the first post and just assumed this thread had been around for a while.
Bamba wrote:
That's my flights and hotel booked so you're safe to go ahead and change the date and location now.

What about the Cotta8e Bamba. Are you up for that too?
TheVision wrote:
Bamba wrote:

What about the Cotta8e Bamba. Are you up for that too?

Nah, not this year. Maybe next time.
I don't think I can make the BBQ this year... my tri is further away than i thought :(
If you pencilled in the 12th August then you can go over it in pen now.

There'll be a website coming soon.
BEGIN MEAT PLANZ
Hello!

An idea has been put forward to the Yes, Chef (Meat and Fire Dpt)!. Basically rather than bringing "enough of X for Y people" you pay £Z and the Yes, Chef (Meat and Fire Dpt)!s buy and cook something on your behalf.

The idea is that rather than a three sets of £5 burgers, we buy a big hunk of brisket, or something.

Thoughts?
Good idea. I'd be up for this.
I prefer this as an idea.

So long as you don't decide to go for grilled sheep brains.
Mr Dave wrote:
I prefer this as an idea.

So long as you don't decide to go for grilled sheep brains.

Pff, everyone knows that brains go in the sous vide. Philistine.
Grim... wrote:
Hello!

An idea has been put forward to the Yes, Chef (Meat and Fire Dpt)!. Basically rather than bringing "enough of X for Y people" you pay £Z and the Yes, Chef (Meat and Fire Dpt)!s buy and cook something on your behalf.

The idea is that rather than a three sets of £5 burgers, we buy a big hunk of brisket, or something.

Thoughts?

Acceptable.
Selfishly I'd much prefer this idea as it's more convenient for me; and if the chefs themselves would rather do this it's a double bonus. I'm more than happy to go with their preference either way though.
Obvs we would still make arrangements for folks with specific dietary requirements. Grudgingly.
Also if we want to make and bring random shit anyway, that's still allowed, right?
Cras wrote:
Obvs we would still make arrangements for folks with specific dietary requirements. Grudgingly.

There's a reason why MaliSauce is BestSauce
Curiosity wrote:
Also if we want to make and bring random shit anyway, that's still allowed, right?

Sure, as long as you won't be offended if we say "not cooking that, it's shit"
Cras wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

But it was on offer in Iceland!
Cras wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

It's just going to be 80kg of sodding Richmond sausages, isn't it?
Mr Dave wrote:
Cras wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

It's just going to be 80kg of sodding Richmond sausages, isn't it?

I like sausages.
Jem and I are OK with this development :P
What if people like shit food?

I'm talking about Malc
Hah, I can't go, so it does not bother me, If I was going, I would want to do what Curio suggested, but I'm not, so I it does not matter!
MaliA wrote:
Cras wrote:
There's a reason why MaliSauce is BestSauce
I don't come to these things?
MaliSauce is not, in fact, bestsauce.
Also you should come to these things.
Page 1 of 9 [ 447 posts ]