Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
Kern wrote:
I find coffee porters are ok until you get to about half-way down the pint, when they outstay their welcome. See also, ginger infused beers.

Yes.
Pundabaya wrote:
Titanic's Plum Porter is awesome, btw.

Yeah that's a decent beer. I think that dark beers like stouts and porters actually work better in cask.
Lonewolves wrote:
Pundabaya wrote:
Titanic's Plum Porter is awesome, btw.

Yeah that's a decent beer. I think that dark beers like stouts and porters actually work better in cask.

Vaguely interesting:

Saltaire Brewery do a beer called Cascade. Last year, i think it was, your linear time confuses me, they casked a load up in wooden barrels, rather than the normal ones. Its taste was different. It was much more rounded. Lovely, it was.
I can't stop being angry today and it is upsetting me.
TIFU by forgetting to tip a waitress. On realising my error, I returned to the establishment and paid up. Poor form Kern.
Curiosity wrote:

Probably one for the politics thread but dear god yes.
Kern wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I think that and being powerless to stop people cheering on the rise of fascism contributes to a great feeling of anger, but Christ I shouldn't be taking it out on stuff that I am trying to pack into boxes (Moving house next weekend).
Remember you are not alone.
Curiosity wrote:
Kern wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I think that and being powerless to stop people cheering on the rise of fascism contributes to a great feeling of anger, but Christ I shouldn't be taking it out on stuff that I am trying to pack into boxes (Moving house next weekend).

Upside - fitting things into boxes is easier after rage smash.
Curiosity wrote:
Kern wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

*Hugs*

As Kern says, definitely not alone. Xxx
Kern wrote:
TIFU by forgetting to tip a waitress. On realising my error, I returned to the establishment and paid up. Poor form Kern.

I left her £6 dude
MaliA wrote:
Kern wrote:

I left her £6 dude

Double tip? She'll be happy!
Kern wrote:

You're hiding behind his curtains?
Grim... the Icelandic detective.

Attachment:
grim.PNG
Curiosity wrote:

Only today? I've been angry and upset about it (upset about being constantly angry, that is) for several months. Typical grumpy old man, I am.

The future scares the crap out of me.
Kern wrote:

For I am here with you.
Squirt wrote:
Kern wrote:

For I am here with you.

Though you're far away.
TheVision wrote:
Squirt wrote:
Kern wrote:

For I am here with you.

Though you're far away.

I'll be there soon in my £95k Porsche
Lonewolves wrote:

such resent so envy wow
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

such resent so envy wow

What a waste of money. I bought a 911 for £9.40 on Tuesday.
Can we keep the change?
\
Zardoz wrote:
Can we keep the change?
\

No, because I paid in exact money.
You ball of seething... oh, sorry, we already did that. :D
I actually saw 911 at a charity Halloween ball in Manchester year before last - they performed for free.
We were robbed.
Lonewolves wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
Can we keep the change?
\

No, because I paid in exact money.

OK, no problem.
\
Cavey wrote:
I actually saw 911 at a charity Halloween ball in Manchester year before last - they performed for free.
We were robbed.

They must all be in their 40s by now. I imagine they're not going to appeal to the same tween demographic as they once did.
You could say.. they're close to needing to call 911 soon.

Because of age-related ailments.
Yeah I certainly can't talk on that score but they did look pretty ropey lol. :p
Just a bunch of old geezers prancing around doing karaoke. :D
I've won a puck! Yay!
Kern wrote:
I've won a puck! Yay!

?

Nice!
:DD

Alas, just an ice hockey puck rather than a dancing nymph. It was a free twitter-based 'guess when the first goal will be scored' sweepstake. I said 18 minutes, not because I had any idea how well either side would defend, but just because it's a favourite number.

Couldn't make the game last night, but by all accounts it was a tense and brutal one, with Oxford finally winning.
I have a puck too

Attachment:
puck.jpg
Lonewolves wrote:
You could say.. they're close to needing to call 911 soon.

Because of age-related ailments.

We don't live in the USA.
\
That response took far longer than it should've done.
When you saw our response, was your
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
'Bodyshakin'?

\
It was the title of our signature song, according to wikipedia
\
Zardoz wrote:

That guy down front looks like a young Nicky Campbell.
We're creating two new services at work, and we're going through the normal stupid naming process. I've suggested STORMHAMMER and KILLFURY and it seems like they're getting some traction.
Squirt wrote:
We're creating two new services at work, and we're going through the normal stupid naming process. I've suggested STORMHAMMER and KILLFURY and it seems like they're getting some traction.

Good man!
Yes, Kov, you're a good man as well. *pats head*
i'm quite seriously considering going and buying this dog:

They say you should always see the puppy with the mum, but the mum appears to be either dead or AWOL, which is vaguely suspicious. Then again it's not a pedigree so is unlikely to be nicked.
And on the other hand SO CUTE
And we really do want a Bedlington-based dog.
BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG BUY THE DOG.
MrChris wrote:
And we really do want a Bedlington-based dog.
Not sure how a long-distance relationship with a dog is going to work out really.
Aren't you off to Singapore, Mr C?
Aren't you leaving the country soon?

What if the dog doesn't understand Singapore-ese?
Findus Fop wrote:
Aren't you off to Singapore, Mr C?

Nice:)

Also something about dogs as food.
Mr Russell knows what's up.
Page 4 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]