Amiga emulation
RMD
What's the best to use these days? I used to use MacUAE but I don't have a Mac anymore. Is WinUAE the best bet on PC? Also if someone could furnish me with Kickstart ROMs and the best place to get games, that would be awesome.
My brain said fsuae was something that was a thing.

I'm not sure how accurate my brain is.
FSuae is indeed a something. It's the one I use and it's come a long way in recent years so yeah, I'd go with that.

As for ROMS and such like, I'll post something when I get home and have access to all my bookmarks. There's a French site which I normally use but I can't remember the name of it.
Cheers, that'd be great :)
I actually went to the effort of getting the times and disk images of my Amiga(s).

What a ball ache that was.
I always used to use WinUAE, that was a few years ago though. I have all the Kickstart ROMs archived out and a large collection of Amiga 'ROMs' (I'm buggered if I can remember the proper name for them now, the floppy disc images anyway.....), all on my home network though so can't appraise at the moment, I'll take a look when I get home.

Runs to a few gig as I recall, so easy enough to post out on a USB key if you want them.
FS-UAE is nice and easy to use. Nice interface. WinUAE is the best IMHO for the sheer amount of options.

ROMs are got from

http://www.lemonamiga.com/

or maybe

http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_ROMs/4

or there are torrents with literally* every single program, game and utility ever written for the Amiga

*not literally
I don't think I'll ever find that PD game I've been after for years, Go Getter.
Yep. I'm sure zaphod tried to help me find it a couple of years ago, but to no avail. I contacted the maker of one of the YT videos but I got no response. :(
Oh yeah. It's all coming back to me

When you google it, this forum is the first result! :)
Attachment:
gogetter.jpg

It's a ghost, this bugger.
DavPaz wrote:
Oh yeah. It's all coming back to me

When you google it, this forum is the first result! :)

Turns out it was eight years ago... http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/sho ... ght=getter
I bought 'Amiga Forever' a long time ago as an all-in-one package and was very happy with it.
Have full sets of this if you want it, sent you a PM
asfish wrote:
Have full sets of this if you want it, sent you a PM

Cheers, I've replied. :)
FS-UAE for sure, especially because it has an Arcade launcher which works great with the SteamLink.

I also have a full set of WHDLoad installs if you want 'em.
GazChap wrote:
FS-UAE for sure, especially because it has an Arcade launcher which works great with the SteamLink.

Ooh yes please!
GazChap wrote:

Actually, could I have them too please?
It might be best if you share them on the forum Gaz. I have some gaps.

(Title)
I'll chuck something in Members Only when I've figured out where to put the 4GB file.

Although I'm now second guessing myself as to whether it is a full set - it wasn't that long ago I grabbed it, so it should be - the danger is if I've pruned stuff out that I figured I wouldn't want ;)
Sorry Lonewolves, I went to see my dad last night and didn't get back till late and once I had all my jobs done, I didn't have time for anything else but... I'll get on tonight.

Unless you'r sorted of course? I've seen Gazchaps files but do you still need the bios files?
I don't seem to be able to download GazChap's files using either method :(
TheVision wrote:
Sorry Lonewolves, I went to see my dad last night and didn't get back till late and once I had all my jobs done, I didn't have time for anything else but... I'll get on tonight.

Unless you'r sorted of course? I've seen Gazchaps files but do you still need the bios files?

DavPaz sorted me out the Kickstart ROMs so I'm all good I think. Cheers though. :)
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:

DavPaz sorted me out the Kickstart ROMs so I'm all good I think. Cheers though. :)

Sssshhhh! Commodore will have my arse!
Grim... wrote:

The torrent just sat at 0% for me but the direct download worked - when i get in tonight i can start seeding the torrent
Grim... wrote:

I'm seeding at 93% now. Not sure how to force a connection though. :shrug:
Find out if you've got common interests, look at both circles of friends to see if there's anyone mutual?
Zardoz wrote:
Find out if you've got common interests, look at both circles of friends to see if there's anyone mutual?

*shudder* Sounds horrible.

But seriously. Having some success using JDownloader.
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:

You certainly shouldn't share them with me if they contain the A1200 one.
Grim... wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
TheVision wrote:

You certainly shouldn't share them with me if they contain the A1200 one.

Gods, no. Do you think I'm insane?
Grim... wrote:

Gazchaps secret plan to FUCK GRIM... UP finally come to fruition.
Haha. I wonder if I've got to open ports or something, it's the first torrent I've created and I'm using qbBittorrent which I thought would do everything with uPNP.

I have all the Kickstart ROMs etc. too if anyone needs those.
The direct link downloads to about 300MB for me, then fails.
Grim... wrote:
The direct link downloads to about 300MB for me, then fails.

Have you tried JDownloader?
uPNP was turned off in my torrent client. Have switched it on.
I had a quick look at this night and ended up playing Cannon Fodder for ages. Brilliant game and the emulator works great!
Definitely FS-UAE with https://oagd.net/ integration. It also makes loading WHDload games easier.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. Get an account on OAGD, sign in to it with FS-UAE and scan the WHDLoad games in my zip, and it'll put them all in nice easily launchable setups for you.
Awesome! Screw Winuae!
I must get round to downloading all this stuff at the weekend.
What is it anyway for us dumbasses that don't know much about anything? is it just the emulator or is it the emulator and all the Amiga games preinstalled or summats?
FS-UAE: Amiga emulator based on WinUAE but (IMO) better - certainly more accessible to non-spods.
WHDLoad: A program that allowed you to install games to a hard drive, provided that you had the original game and someone had written a "slave" for that game to make it work on a hard drive.

The stuff I've posted in M/O is just a collection of all (or most, I expect, as I may have pruned) known WHDLoad games ready to play using FS-UAE :)
Saturnalian wrote:
What is it anyway for us dumbasses that don't know much about anything? is it just the emulator or is it the emulator and all the Amiga games preinstalled or summats?

I think i could probably write a 'how to' using this for people who have no idea what they are doing but dont know if i'll get the chance to do it any time 'soon'
Saturnalian wrote:

Just do what Gazchap said. It's very simple actually. My main problem with WHDload games is that i don't get to see awesome cracker intros.
Can someone assist with Kickstart ROMs please?

Thanks
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Can someone assist with Kickstart ROMs please?

Thanks

Certainly not! It's against the law!
the people from sensible soccer.de now released a great version, with everything including online packed in one exe/wine container...
http://files.swos.eu/swos16-17/
Page 1 of 2 [ 69 posts ]