Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 49
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 16:28 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I have a job interview on Friday. My role but for Jag/Landrover.

The interviewer is my old boss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 20:55 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Is that a good thing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 21:37 
Decapodian

Grim... wrote:
Is that a good thing?

Tune in on Friday to find out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 21:45 

Grim... wrote:
Is that a good thing?

I hope so. He employed me to replace him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Hey!! Happy New Year, Beexers everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 15:19 
Bad Girl

Here’s a bit of trivia:

s01e13 of The Big Bang Theory in the “Bat Jar Conjecture” the boys are discussing who should join the boys in the physics bowl. Raj suggests the actress who plays Blossom because she has a Ph.D in neuroscience. She eventually joins the cast in the s03 finale as Amy. Amaze at my observed knowledge cause I’m watching that episode now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:49 

Pre-noon pint because it's my last day of holiday.
Also reading Tim Shipman's 'Fallout' - the sequel to his excellent 'All out war'.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 15:03 

One of my friends has moved to the Isle of Man. I told him to open a used car dealers, as I know someone that changes a car a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 15:09 
INFINITE POWAH

Giphy "bravo":
https://media0.giphy.com/media/gg1oxesicLSWk/giphy-loop.mp4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 15:23 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Gaming addiction to be classified as a disorder by WHO.
N.B. this is not a quiz question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 18:10 
Excellent Member

I've built all my Christmas Lego, which also ends the current series of modular buildings so now I'm sad.

But then I looked online today and they've brought out another Creator Expert modular building! Yay! I might also have to branch out into Ninjago as they have a city building that is compatible with the Creator Expert building series.

I'm also looking at holidays because I haven't had one in ages and I need an actual holiday to relax and it's rained all day and it's cold. But my passport expired and urgh, it's too annoying getting a new one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 19:50 
Decapodian

flis wrote:
I've built all my Christmas Lego, which also ends the current series of modular buildings so now I'm sad.

But then I looked online today and they've brought out another Creator Expert modular building! Yay! I might also have to branch out into Ninjago as they have a city building that is compatible with the Creator Expert building series.

I'm also looking at holidays because I haven't had one in ages and I need an actual holiday to relax and it's rained all day and it's cold. But my passport expired and urgh, it's too annoying getting a new one.

When did you start collecting them? You could always consider going for Lepin clones of some of the earlier sets.
There's also the Fishing Store and Ghostbusters Firehouse that could be added to your street.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 22:22 
Excellent Member

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
flis wrote:

When did you start collecting them? You could always consider going for Lepin clones of some of the earlier sets.
There's also the Fishing Store and Ghostbusters Firehouse that could be added to your street.

October! So yes, I'm missing a lot. With the diner, I will have 6 of the 13 total sets. I have found some of the others online so I will get as many of those sets as I can. I don't like the idea of clone sets, the Lego sets are amazing and so well imagined that I couldn't get a copy. I'd probably rather leave a space than not have a genuine set.

I love the look of the fishing store!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 23:15 
Decapodian

flis wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
flis wrote:

October! So yes, I'm missing a lot. With the diner, I will have 6 of the 13 total sets. I have found some of the others online so I will get as many of those sets as I can. I don't like the idea of clone sets, the Lego sets are amazing and so well imagined that I couldn't get a copy. I'd probably rather leave a space than not have a genuine set.

Ordinarily I’d agree, but the first few are priced well into the hundreds so I’d struggle to justify that cost and would consider a clone if I wanted a full set. Fortunately I don’t have room so haven’t been tempted yet.

I’ve got an unopened Pet Store for sale at some point if you are interested?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 0:25 

flis wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
flis wrote:

Do you keep all of those out in their built state? If so do you have any pictures? I’d love to see them!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 18:05 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Why are GMP targeting these people? Surely it should be citing them as examples of exemplary driving.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 20:56 
Excellent Member

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
flis wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
flis wrote:

Ordinarily I’d agree, but the first few are priced well into the hundreds so I’d struggle to justify that cost and would consider a clone if I wanted a full set. Fortunately I don’t have room so haven’t been tempted yet.

I’ve got an unopened Pet Store for sale at some point if you are interested?

Oh I know, the first or so 3 in the series are ridiculously expensive. I've been looking at the fire brigade, town hall, pet store, grand emporium as realistic possibilities so I'd definitely be interested in the pet store you have!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:18 
Noob as of 6/8/10

flis wrote:

May I suggest you dismantle it and rebuild it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 21:51 
sneering elitist

We just went to see a house and I really liked it. Really really liked it. More than I thought I would when I looked at the pictures. I'm now paranoid that I really like it because it isn't my current house, which is a possibility.

I never know in these situations how much to just go with your heart and how much to be sensible. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? ;) (Please don't actually tell me all the bad things that can happen :S )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 21:55 
Excellent Member

If you only like it because it wasn't your current house then you'd feel the same about any other house you went to see, which is an easy theory to test...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 22:31 
sneering elitist

True enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 22:38 
Best
Board Mother

Can't you just change whatever it is you don't like about your current house?

Due to fuckery on the land registry's part, we are STILL waiting for a moving date.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 22:46 
sneering elitist

Not really. Emotionally because it was my ex's choice and I wasn't heard and I resent that. When I bought him out it was for practical reasons not because I genuinely wanted this house. Practically, there's no real way of adding a usable 3rd bedroom, and the kitchen is too small with no way to improve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 
Best
Board Mother

Jem wrote:
Not really. Emotionally because it was my ex's choice and I wasn't heard and I resent that. When I bought him out it was for practical reasons not because I genuinely wanted this house. Practically, there's no real way of adding a usable 3rd bedroom, and the kitchen is too small with no way to improve.

Fair enough, I really want to come over and help you get it sold! :D xx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:54 
Paws for thought

Bestest journalism of the year

Iguanas are falling out of trees in Florida because it's so cold. Please don't pick them up.

Only for the line "In South Florida, the cooler temperatures also affect sea turtles, manatees and other creatures that hang out in trees."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 
sneering elitist

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Jem wrote:

Fair enough, I really want to come over and help you get it sold! :D xx

You're more than welcome to :DD :luv:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 

I'm doing an escape room for the first time on Sunday. Anyone had much experience of these?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 
Sleepyhead

Kern wrote:
I'm doing an escape room for the first time on Sunday. Anyone had much experience of these?

I did one. It was fun. We escaped.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 

Phew!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:49 
Prince of Fops

Kern wrote:

They're great fun. It's an excellent and refreshing way of spending time with mates. And you can of course repair to the pub afterwards for the post-mortem.

I found that doing it as a group of four is fairly optimum, as it gives you all opportunity to contribute and discuss things in a measured manner.

I've done it in larger groups and it can become a bit of a bun fight. And you want to do it with clever people in order to succeed in the more mind-bending logic puzzles, but make sure they're not too clever. I did one with a scientist from CERN and I was even more of a spare wheel than usual.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:52 
Hibernating Druid

Kern wrote:

Done Escape Rooms twice in Preston with work. Good fun.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 

Thanks. There'll be seven of us so it'll probably descend into a cavalcade of faff or we'll be done in 20 minutes. Or only five of us leave.
Should be fun though!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:59 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

I know some people who did one, but weren't able to figure out the puzzle. They're still in there. It's been 3 years. Their families have given up hope and moved on now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 
EvilTrousers

Squirt wrote:
I know some people who did one, but weren't able to figure out the puzzle. They're still in there. It's been 3 years. Their families have given up hope and moved on now.

They don't know about Brexit or Trump. Lucky bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 
Hibernating Druid

I'm sure they'll know about trump being locked in a room for 3 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:18 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Kern wrote:

I did one. It was fun. We escaped.

:this:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I did one. It was fun, although I was the only person in there who could sudoku, so I spent quite a long time solving that.

We didn't escape, although we were only a few minutes out (they showed us the solution at the end).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 13:19 
EvilTrousers

Burnout Paradise is possibly/likely coming to PS4 and Xbone in shiny HD-o-vision

PLEASE BE TRUE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 13:24 
Hibernating Druid

Holy shit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 13:37 
UltraMod

Would prefer Burnout Paradise 2 but I guess that's never going to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 14:34 
Participant in dramatic games

that would be nice... i see some bezzie racing coming!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 14:37 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Paradise is for planking, not racing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 14:43 

If it doesn't still have the webcam snapshots and Dimrill in it then it'll be no good. Also why can't they just get off their arses and make a sequel? Can't imagine it wouldn't sell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 15:01 
UltraMod

markg wrote:
If it doesn't still have the webcam snapshots and Dimrill in it then it'll be no good. Also why can't they just get off their arses and make a sequel? Can't imagine it wouldn't sell.

Need for Speed takes up all their time nowadays sadly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 15:03 
Sleepyhead

Lonewolves wrote:
markg wrote:

Another victim of drugs :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 15:40 
Bad Girl

Lonewolves wrote:
markg wrote:

No it doesn’t. They only made Most Wanted.

Edit: they just recently finished making some of Star Wars: Battlefield 2 don’tchaknow?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 15:56 
UltraMod

And Rivals.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 16:01 
Hibernating Druid

markg wrote:
If it doesn't still have the webcam snapshots and Dimrill in it then it'll be no good.

Keep watching.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 16:02 

Lonewolves wrote:
And Rivals.

I thought the Burnout devs went off on their own and made that weird Dangerous Golf game?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 16:06 
UltraMod

markg wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
And Rivals.

I thought the Burnout devs went off on their own and made that weird Dangerous Golf game?

Well yeah. Criterion is possibly Trigger's Broom or Guns and Roses by now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2972 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 60  Next