Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:43 
Hibernating Druid

Man, I want that swimming costume.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 

The cape was sort of a mini cape. It had a really high collar but stopped at hip level. You looked both ridiculous and amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:04 
Hibernating Druid

Knit it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 
Hibernating Druid

Last night involved looking for my kids Rosary beads so we could chat to a priest about high schools then following a panicked crowd rushing towards a police helicopter over the sea. Then things took a more relaxed pace as we camped Tinkers style beside a lake. I struggled to take photo's due to a hazy night sky and try as I might I couldn't get the the full moon, MarkG's silhouette and the UFO all in shot. Things wrapped up when a train crashed into a stop barrier next to us (the line ran through the camp site) and we asked the driver if he was ok. He was ok.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 15:44 

Zardoz wrote:
Last night involved looking for my kids Rosary beads so we could chat to a priest about high schools then following a panicked crowd rushing towards a police helicopter over the sea. Then things took a more relaxed pace as we camped Tinkers style beside a lake. I struggled to take photo's due to a hazy night sky and try as I might I couldn't get the the full moon, MarkG's silhouette and the UFO all in shot. Things wrapped up when a train crashed into a stop barrier next to us (the line ran through the camp site) and we asked the driver if he was ok. He was ok.

Why the heck am I not in your dream, Z-doz? Mark G doesn’t NEED to be in any more dreams. He’s the most dreamed about person of all time. It’s just greedy.

Oh, I get it now. Mark G-reedy.

Pfft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 17:27 
Hibernating Druid

Soz Mimi. Maybe next time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:01 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Party food last night and I seemed to have endless disturbing dreams, throughout the night. There were two I remember ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~ I was driving the company’s van behind another company van, that suddenly stopped as though there was something wrong. I jammed on my brakes and halted right behind them. I jumped out to see what was wrong, leaving the keys in the ignition. I was looking a the side panel of the van as I thought I might have scraped it against something as stopped. I walked up to the other van and then noticed that my van had gone, though I hadn't heard it start up. I looked up and down the road to see if it was still in view, and was panicking because my laptop and phone were both in the van, so I was acutely aware that I’d fucked up, big time. (This may have been triggered because I nearly DID leave my laptop in a public area in a store last week, but luckily got back to it before it disappeared.). ~~~~~~~~

2nd dream

~~~~~~~~ I was back at my office, going to see my manager for a bollocking for losing my van, laptop and phone, but was stopped by Donald Trump, who wanted me to assist one of his staff who was having some kind of technical problem, and wouldn’t accept that I had a more pressing appointment with my boss ~~~~~~~~~

Donald fecking Trump? What’s all that about? I’m beginning to worry about my sanity.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 

This past week I have been dreaming constantly of people I have lived and cared for that have died. I get dreams like this occasionally, and usually they are quite comforting in that I get to see that person again, alive and happy, in the way I remember them happiest. I get that short amount of time to spend with them, seeing them happy, free from pain or worry. I think it helps me deal with things.

A few days ago I dreamed of my nan, though. And it was a more creepy dream, and she was dying in the dream, and I was trying to help her stay comfortable. It upset me, and that’s been hanging over me these past few days. I think my being ill is hanging over me, and bringing these dreams to the fore.

Another dream I had of someone I was close to when I was younger, who died young, was lovely. He was just happy. Grown to my age, living a good life. That was far more comforting.

Last night I had a dream that a forumite, who is very much still alive came to visit, by turned up early and brought with him with five or six mates I didn’t know. I’d cooked but they said no, they’d brought fish pizza (I’m very allergic to fish and seafood) but to hurry up as they didn’t want to eat off their knees, can I get the table set up... no, they want bigger plates, I hadn’t brought out enough forks... can I get them drinks... Then I noticed that in all my worry and this stress that I couldn’t see my son. I panicked and couldn’t even think where I last saw him. I ran to the front door, not there, had he got out? I ran through each room then saw the bath full of water. Then it was all slow motion, just lasted forever running to that bath, feeling like I couldn’t breathe. When I finally got there he was ok. I had forgotten that the bath had water in. Why did it? I don’t know. But my Grandad (passed away some years ago), perhaps the most special person I’ll ever have had in my life apart from Russell and Darwin, was there. He was looking after Darwin, washing his hair. He said it was ok, Darwin was fine, he was looking after him and not to let my guests keep bullying me. The relief at seeing he was ok, and to see my healthy, happy Grandad. Then I drifted back to taking care of my ‘guests’ and their demands, tgen the whole panic and finding Darwin with Grandad happened all over a second time. In a way it was lovely seeing Grandad, but it was also different as usually I’m the only person that’s in the dream with the person that has died. It’s just bothering me that Darwin was there. But then I keep thinking of how my grandparents never got to know of Darwin, and maybe it’s my brain just saying t they’d have adored and cared for him. I don’t know. I keep crying this morning now and having gone over it all in my head in the shower it’s made me shake a fair bit. It’s both happy and yet made me feel very strange. I thought it would help to write it down.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:01 
Unpossible!

You should tell Zardoz and his mates to eat their pizza at the bus stop!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 

:) Aw, it wasn’t Zardoz. He’s off swimming again o think :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 
Hibernating Druid

They'd have loved and cared for him just like in your dream. I often think about family members who have passed away and how I'd love to have shown them my kids. It's a very sentimental time of year too so thats another reason why loved ones come back to mind, been having all sorts of flashbacks to Christmas's''sass as a kid on my drive homes from work.

The shitty forumite was Myp, wasn't it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 
Paws for thought

Zardoz wrote:

Bet it was me. I'm well shitty. (although fish pizza... No thanks)

I had a dream a couple of nights ago about cottage 9. Curio had made dare & challenge sheets for everyone. The person who had done the best winning a prize at the end. So far so good. Some challenges were fun. Then they started getting a little dark, then they got nightmareish... The one to kiss Bamba unawares, not so good. The one Myp had that caused him to be naked*... Bad. The one that caused him to then have to assault me... I'm not sure if that was really a challenge or he just wanted his naked body next to mine.

I thwarted him by waking up before contact. But still, bad dreams.

*apparently, my subconscious mind also reckons Myp is hung like a Ken doll.**
**my subconscious also reckons Kovacs is just a floating head. My subconscious is weird.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 15:22 
Hibernating Druid

That's a premonition.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 16:04 

Zardoz wrote:
They'd have loved and cared for him just like in your dream. I often think about family members who have passed away and how I'd love to have shown them my kids. It's a very sentimental time of year too so thats another reason why loved ones come back to mind, been having all sorts of flashbacks to Christmas's''sass as a kid on my drive homes from work.

Ta Sweetness, that’s really true and comforting to read. I feel a bit less shaken as the day goes on. As you say, I miss them so much and this time of year I do feel that even more than usual.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:00 

Well, just to let you all know I evaded further dreams of people that had died last night by simply not sleeping!

Do not recommend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 

I woke up at three am this morning after a vivid dream about buying a smart LED and an Echo Dot for the upstairs of my current house. I think I preferred my subconscious when it was just fucking with me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 
Hibernating Druid

You'll be able to just sit down and enjoy them both in your dream tonight though.

Maybe order a teasmade too to make waking up a joy as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:41 

I also woke up at 3am this morning, after a very vivid dream about hiding from Tripods (from War of the Worlds) in which me and a friend were hiding in a building. One of the aliens inhabiting a tripod started investigating the room we were in so we played dead under a desk.

I was better at "playing" dead though, as I remember in the dream seeing a "tripod's-eye" view of the scene, and watching it scan us only for my friend to twitch his head slightly and promptly get incinerated - at which point I woke up with a bit of a start, and was unable to get back to sleep again :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:56 
Hibernating Druid

I woke up as a Tripod.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:58 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Well you wood, wooden't you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:14 
Unpossible!

Was just having a pretty dull dream where work had asked me to inspect a new building that they had renovated that just happened to be the house that I used to live in (yawn) when suddenly the fire alarm went off, me and hundreds of other people were evacuated into the streets and explosions were heard in the distance turning to screams. Looking towards the explosions, I saw about 20 cars speeding in our direction, straight for the panicking crowd. I ran to try and get behind a building, but one of the cars, a bright red, racing spec original mini seemed to zero in on me. As it came barreling towards me, the other side of the road seemed liked miles away and I couldn't move fast enough to escape. I was genuinely terrified and luckily I managed to wake myself up before I got run over, but fuck you brain!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 17:24 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

I dreamt Jason Statham had died :( It was just in a strange dream conversation and someone mentioned him and someone else just said something like "Oh, didn't you know, he died last year from heart failure". It made me feel quite sad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 17:30 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I think it was true:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 19:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

FUCK YES CRANK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 14:08 

I'M ALIVE! I'M ALIVE!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 16:04 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

There was a nice quiet little dream cafe I went to, but one day I went there and found that Craster had bought it, dismantled it brick-by-brick and built it again in a more convenient spot. Most of me was happy because it was in a better location and Craster was running it better anyway, but a little bit was sad because it was busier now and I couldn't always get my favourite seat any more.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 16:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Seems legit.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 16:20 
Hibernating Druid

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 16:21 
Hibernating Druid

Cottage love! :DD

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 17:17 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Apropos nowt, Paul Young (the Sad Cafe one, not the Q Tips one) had a gorgeous wife who played darts in the same league as Mrs. W.

Last night I dreamt that I was in some kind of social club with loads of kids who were discussing serious issues, but you had to have a carraway seed to be allowed to speak. They had a kind of pigeon hole thing on the wall where you could get carraway seeds. I don’t think I’ve ever said ‘carraway’ out loud, or even thought about them. Very odd to have them as a significant object in a dream.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 18:10 
sneering elitist

I've had two horrible dreams recently:

One where someone had managed to get past my epic password and 2FA protection and into my gmail account thus accessing & taking over my entire life.

The second where I was being sexually assaulted by a man but there wasn't enough room for me to bring my left arm up for reaction force (stupid taekwon-do) so I couldn't punch him with my right hand. Gaz tried to punch him in the head but he didn't even notice.

:S

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 21:57 
chewbacca -future arc welder

Mmm, bad. I've had the 'ineffectual punching/unable to resist' dreams before, they leave a bad taste.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 
sneering elitist

The worst part was that I felt more violated by the one where someone got past my passwords/2FA. >:(

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 
Unpossible!

Jem wrote:
The worst part was that I felt more violated by the one where someone got past my passwords/2FA. >:(

I once accidentally left my home computer open the internet via RDC with an active user called Test with the password Test. I switched the monitor on one morning and someone had logged in using the Test account and had been snooping around. I've never felt so exposed and violated in my life. Luckily, the Test account was in place because I was reinstalling from scratch and hadn't brought all my files and programs back online, but still... urg.

Needless to say, I don't use RDC over the internet any more.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 
UltraMod

Wow

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 
Unpossible!

When I was running an FTP server, I used to look through the logs of how many times people tried to log in using standard User/User passwords. Constant stream of port scanners and login attempts. Default ports are for losers, kids.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:00 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

I and some other Beex People ( including Craster and Goddess Jasmine ) were at a shopping centre, where we made the Worlds Tallest Sandcastle in the central precinct bit. It was awesome - about 3 metres high and had a Royal Wedding theme, with sand Harry and Megans all over it.

Two observations:
* It was nowhere near the worlds tallest sandcastle, by about 13 metres.
* I have no idea why I dream about Beex People but never my colleagues or neighbours who I interact with face-to-face with on a daily basis. I don't think I've ever met Goddess Jasmine, and I haven't met Craster for about 5 years. It's very odd.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:18 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Sandcastles are awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:36 

Squirt wrote:
I and some other Beex People ( including Craster and Goddess Jasmine ) were at a shopping centre, where we made the Worlds Tallest Sandcastle in the central precinct bit. It was awesome - about 3 metres high and had a Royal Wedding theme, with sand Harry and Megans all over it.

Two observations:
* I have no idea why I dream about Beex People but never my colleagues or neighbours who I interact with face-to-face with on a daily basis. I don't think I've ever met Goddess Jasmine, and I haven't met Craster for about 5 years. It's very odd.

Do you check your phone/read the forums before bed? I dream of beepers (relatively) often and I suspect this is why.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:38 
ugvm'er at heart...

Mimi wrote:
Do you check your phone/read the forums before bed? I dream of beepers (relatively) often and I suspect this is why.

That must be alarming.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 13:44 
Best
Board Mother

Cras wrote:
Sandcastles are awesome.

This was also my first thought! I really miss playing with sand with the kids. My eldest built a sandpit for his stepdaughter a couple of weeks ago. *Jealous*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 14:11 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Mimi wrote:
Squirt wrote:

Two observations:

Weirdly, no! I'd say 90% of my forum interaction takes place during quiet bits at work. I very rarely look at it at night.

And yes, sandcastles ARE awesome :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 14:34 
Paws for thought

Squirt wrote:

It's the constant, gnawing moussaka guilt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 15:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Squirt wrote:
I don't think I've ever met Goddess Jasmine, and I haven't met Craster for about 5 years.

Fix that by coming to MeatUp.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 18:03 
Best
Board Mother

Grim... wrote:
Squirt wrote:
I don't think I've ever met Goddess Jasmine, and I haven't met Craster for about 5 years.

Fix that by coming to MeatUp.

:this:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:50 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I had this bizarre, disturbing and totally unbelievable dream ......TRIGGER ALERT......
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
that England won a penalty shoot out at a World Cup Game.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:57 
Unpossible!

Warhead wrote:
I had this bizarre, disturbing and totally unbelievable dream ......TRIGGER ALERT......

You been eating cheese in bed again?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 
Noob as of 6/8/10

DavPaz wrote:
Warhead wrote:

You been eating cheese in bed again?

Title

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:15 
Bad Girl

Y’know how they say that sex dreams are, like, about other things? Well I had a sex dream last night and it seemed entirely about just having great sex.

My dreams are better than yours.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:22 

I had a dream where I was trying to help them get a wolf out of one sort of zoo pen to put it in another, I had one of those big pad things on my arm that they use for teaching police dogs. The idea was it would bite that and then we'd sort of drag it into the other pen. I had my doubts though and asked if they were definitely sure it would go for my arm. They said they were certain that it would. Anyway they let the fucking thing out and the last thing I remember is it jumping up and biting me on the head and all I could think about was that I knew that it was a shit idea.

Reply to topic  [ 1241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next