Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Royal Mail/courier company moany moany thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I haven't had any problems with Amazon logistics or any courier company for that matter... Until now!

My neighbour is retired and has happily accepted parcels in the past as he's in all day. Only recently, the courier companies have been leaving parcels in and around our bins. It's not great when the bin is full of nappies and a weeks worth of rubbish though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 

In my case today there isn't an issue with the delivery to door (that's handled by Royal Mail so would come via our normal delivery chaps, anyway), but the route to the Royal Mail hub is being performed by Whistl. They collect the parcels from Amazon, sort them into 42 piles, and send each of those 42 piles to a different Royal Mail hub, where they sort the mail to take to customer.

Or, at least, that is how it should work.

What is actually happening is that they are being picked up from Amazon by Whistl.

And that's it.

I assume there are some massive warehouses of presents, all lost somewhere.

Damn helper elves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 13:39 
Decapodian

Hermes delivered a parcel to me at the weekend.
When I say "To me", I actually mean, "Left on the doorstop in full view of everyone"

Date Time Status
12/12/2015 14:13 Delivered to Porch
12/12/2015 08:45 Courier Received
12/12/2015 06:07 Manifested to Courier
11/12/2015 13:32 Processed at Depot
11/12/2015 03:46 Order Generated
11/12/2015 02:32 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:19 
Excellent Member

I think it depends on what your order (as well as how good\bad the courier is) if they dump it on the drive or not

I order meat and fish online and they will dump that on your drive regardless if nobody is in, the box has a sticker on it saying goods are perishable and not to return it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:46 
Decapodian

It was a £130 Lego set.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:34 

Effing Sandeep, the lying git.

I am on the phone to Amazon. I'm staying calm because it is not Kimberley's fault at all, but oh my goodness it is difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:36 

Some kind of fuzzy baroque piano piece is in a continuous loop.

Sandeep deserves to have a bad day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 13:17 

Kimberley has actually re-ordered the things that are still missing from the first package (as I now have a few of the items as the second of the two packages actually turned up eventually) and refunded the items that they are out of stock of. Sandeep did indeed lie. And I gave him good feedback, the horrid little man.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 17:24 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Not a massive pain, but I've just had something delivered which Amazon says has been "handed to resident". What they actually mean is "it's been left outside the front door in the rain. We didn't knock or anything because, you know, you always go outside the front door in the rain don't you? You'll find it."

I've emailed them to complain. It's not the level of service I expect as a prime member.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 20:55 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

I ordered exploding kittens from Amazon At 2pm. It has just been delivered, that's a new record.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 22:24 
Isn't that lovely?

One of my kids got exploding kittens for Christmas. It's really good! Sorry, nothing to do with couriers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:29 
Prince of Fops

I'm sat in my office at home, which is handily located by the front door. I hear some letters tumble through the letterbox. I know a parcel is coming today, and I know the posties round here generally just leave sh1t outside without so much as ringing our doorbell, in spite of my protests. So I open the front door to check.

The postie hears the door and comes walking back down our path saying "Oh, I just left it with your nextdoor neighbour, that's what you asked us to do if you're out." But I'm not out. I'm in. He didn't knock. He didn't ring. He somehow thought it easier to walk round to nextdoor's and ring their doorbell, and give the parcel to them, than do the same at the address he was meant to deliver to. Dribbling, puce-faced idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 13:48 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

My wife ordered a phone from car phone warehouse, to be delivered to our local branch yesterday. Having received numerous emails that it would be available for collection, she heads down to pick it up only to find* it wasn't available as the DPD courier had tried to deliver out of hours to the CPW shop!

*after 40 minutes!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 14:24 
Prince of Fops

Bobbyaro wrote:
My wife ordered a phone from car phone warehouse, to be delivered to our local branch yesterday. Having received numerous emails that it would be available for collection, she heads down to pick it up only to find* it wasn't available as the DPD courier had tried to deliver out of hours to the CPW shop!

*after 40 minutes!!

Animals. There must be demand for a logistics company that doesn't treat the goods it delivers and recipients badly. The service generally reflects badly on their paymasters (eg Amazon), There Must Be A Better Way. It's time for People's Parcels, the first logistics co-operative. Who's with me? No one?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:03 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Everyone should just use Collect+. Not at home? Doesn't matter, because it's being delivered to the corner shop down the road which is open all the time!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:06 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
Everyone should just use Collect+. Not at home? Doesn't matter, because it's being delivered to the corner shop down the road which is open all the time!

I've got an Amazon Locker near me which is handy, seeing as Amazon Logistics couldn't find their own arse with both hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:06 
Esoteric

Cras wrote:

Just about to use it for the first time to return my headphones to Amazon. Praying they don't lose them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:13 

Whilst that Whistl company that Amazon were using over Christmas were absolutely embarassing (my parcels never did turn up, by the way, lost forever :( ) Our local Amazon Logistics guy is lovely. He will carry anything up and down the stairs, is always patient and one day when it was particularly bad weather he offered to pick anything I needed up from the shops and drop it on his route back, because he could see I had a newborn (at the time) baby. Our Amazon Logistics chap appears to be just a man in a beaten up old van, so I guess it very much depends on the work ethic, intelligence and care of who you happen to have near you doing the job, and I guess that varies WILDLY.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:15 
UltraMod

Mimi wrote:
Whilst that Whistl company that Amazon were using over Christmas were absolutely embarassing (my parcels never did turn up, by the way, lost forever :( ) Our local Amazon Logistics guy is lovely. He will carry anything up and down the stairs, is always patient and one day when it was particularly bad weather he offered to pick anything I needed up from the shops and drop it on his route back, because he could see I had a newborn (at the time) baby. Our Amazon Logistics chap appears to be just a man in a beaten up old van, so I guess it very much depends on the work ethic, intelligence and care of who you happen to have near you doing the job, and I guess that varies WILDLY.

It's more the fact they can never be bothered to deliver to my work; either dropping it off at some random business on the opposite end of the business park, or saying it was undeliverable because reception was closed (it is 24/7 and this even happened once when I was sat at my desk).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:17 

Do you know if it is the same person that does the delivery to your work place each time? If so is there a way to contact Amazon about the repeated issues to explain that maybe they need to talk to their delivery person as (s)he has the wrong address? I guess it's a bit academic now if you've stopped using Amazon, but if you ever go back to them it might be worth requesting that they either use a different service or re-confirm the delivery address with the delivery person or you'll not ever use them again (again).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:21 
UltraMod

Mimi wrote:
Do you know if it is the same person that does the delivery to your work place each time? If so is there a way to contact Amazon about the repeated issues to explain that maybe they need to talk to their delivery person as (s)he has the wrong address? I guess it's a bit academic now if you've stopped using Amazon, but if you ever go back to them it might be worth requesting that they either use a different service or re-confirm the delivery address with the delivery person or you'll not ever use them again (again).

Most of the couriers are fine, it's just when they use their own Logistics company (who is normally some rando in a white van).

And yeah I've contacted them and I get the stock platitudes, as you've experienced yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:37 

I did get a few stock platitudes, until it struck me that the firs chap I spoke to (I forget his name now) had lied and not actually re-ordered my goods, then I rang up and very calmly and firmly stepped through every bit of the bad customer service i had experienced and suggested the way in which they could make it right (to dispatch using a different courier method those items that were still in stock and send them priority dispatch and delivery to start to make up for the absolute shambles up to that point. To be fair to the girl who took the call (who I gave excellent feedback on afterwards) she did both these things and then I had my goods the next morning.

I think if you suggest a reasonable solution they might go along with it, if you ever start using Amazon again.

Some people really are donkeys.

Findus' experience is particularly good at highlighting the level of thought some people give to the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:48 
Unpossible!

Sandeep. That bastard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 15:56 

That's the guy!

Grrrr... Sandeep!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 16:13 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Cras wrote:

What, like getting the item delivered to a shop to pick up from?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 16:43 

Bobbyaro wrote:
Cras wrote:

It's like going to the shops to buy things, but not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 16:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Bobbyaro wrote:
Cras wrote:

Well yeah, but the local shop

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 17:12 
Paws for thought

Cras wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
Cras wrote:

Well yeah, but the local shop

*Buys tractor. Sends to local shop*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:39 

Ah, nothing says Christmas like the inability to deliver a package.
So, I ordered something from Amazon last week, for delivery on Thursday, but it didn't show (thanks, Prime). On Friday, I actually got an out for delivery notification, so hey, progress.

Then it all went a bit weird. At lunchtime, still no package, so I checked the tracking again (not sure what I was expecting) and noticed it was coming via royal mail (to work), but the postman had already been, and nothing for me. I went on the royal mail site to track it, and apparently it's magically teleported from being out for delivery to being back at the depot, where I can collect it as per my request? What the fuck?

At some point, Amazon updated the tracking to tell me or had been delivered to wherever exactly it was that I wanted it, and I was welcome to go and collect it. Job done. Incidentally, Amazon have a help page for this exact situation, but to summarise "fuck you, not our problem"

So, not fancying the 16 mile round trip to try and collect from the delivery office (and no idea what I'm expected to have to collect it, I've got no attempted delivery card, and nothing to prove I live at work), I looked for a phone number, but the best I could find was a generic number which took me through the usual automated hell, eventually getting as far as an automated redelivery service. I gave up on that and requested redelivery from the website, but no idea if that will actually work (I'm clinging to the hope they'll phone me about it and I can actually talk to someone).

It doesn't say it's out for delivery today, so I'm not optimistic, any suggestions?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 

Huh? Could it have been refused by your work mail room for any reason? I’m surprised that Royal Mail have a facility to say that something is currently out on delivery, though. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 

We don't have a mailroom, postman rings the bell, gets let in, dumps his sack.

It had a tracking number, so presumably somebody should have signed for it, although I notice they've now changed it to say it was "ready for delivery", as opposed to "out for delivery". The Amazon tracking still says out for delivery.

I don't remember the exact time the postman came in Friday, but given the time of the update to say it was being held at the depot (and assuming it was physically there for them to scan it), the postman never had it with him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 

I think you’ve just got to hope it is out for delivery on the day you’ve selected. It is really confusing, though. At the very least you need to complain about the prime service. When is your last day at work to be able to receive it?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:57 

It's not for Christmas, so there's no rush, it's just that when I order something I kind of hope that's the end of my involvement until it gets put into my hands, rather than having to chase it all over the place.

If it doesn't turn up today, then "failing to redeliver" is a complaint option on the royal mail site, so maybe I'll get to talk to an actual person then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 

Well, it's turned up, no updates to the tracking to say it was coming, just says it's been delivered (presumably the postman signed for it himself as he didn't get anyone here to sign).
No idea what happened on Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 
Excellent Member

Ordered a Star Wars print for my sons room on the 10th, it said delivery by the 17th

As is becoming more common with Amazon as soon as you pay the delivery date changes

So now is arriving 4th Jan, its still not dispatched and 2 calls to Amazon later they won't let me cancel

Thankfully its not an Xmas present, other than this one everything has arrived in good time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 

They won’t let you cancel? Surely that’s not right if they aren’t going to dispatch it any time soon?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 
Excellent Member

Mimi wrote:
They won’t let you cancel? Surely that’s not right if they aren’t going to dispatch it any time soon?

No! I tried from the site and it said no, then 2 calls including a supervisor (Who said he would cancel) and still no movment.

Its quite a nice poster so I suppose I will just wait as Amazon is a pain to call now, call centres are not UK and they don't appear to give a damm.

Time was you would get a month extra Prime for you trouble , but thats never offered now.

Overall Amazon is still pretty good, an expensive gaming Keyboard I bought stopped working after 6 months earlier this year and they just refunded me straight away. Dispite the odd issue like this , which I guess you get at this time of year they are still my prefered place to shop.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:56 
Prince of Fops

asfish wrote:
Mimi wrote:

No! I tried from the site and it said no, then 2 calls including a supervisor (Who said he would cancel) and still no movment.

Its quite a nice poster so I suppose I will just wait as Amazon is a pain to call now, call centres are not UK and they don't appear to give a damm.

Time was you would get a month extra Prime for you trouble , but thats never offered now.

Overall Amazon is still pretty good, an expensive gaming Keyboard I bought stopped working after 6 months earlier this year and they just refunded me straight away. Dispite the odd issue like this , which I guess you get at this time of year they are still my prefered place to shop.

When things have gone awry with deliveries or products, Amazon's customer service has never been anything other than excellent, for me. Items returned, cancelled or replaced, no questions asked. And apology credits thrown in when something's been a serious inconvenience e.g. item not arriving in time for a birthday.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 
Gogmagog

I got an extra month of prime very recently when my beer was lobbed over the fence. I then got it free as it was out of date.
I'm very persuasive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:09 

MaliA wrote:
I got an extra month of prime very recently when my beer was lobbed over the fence. I then got it free as it was out of date.
I'm very persuasive

I also got a month's free prime when they took an extra nine days to deliver my Xbox One X. Didn't really compensate me for the hassle of the daily phone calls, contradictory responses etc. though.

(Especially as my wife pays for our prime anyway.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:09 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
I'm very persuasive

Amazon will refund stuff at the drop of a hat, usually no questions asked. Even if I tell them I turned up for work and there was nothing for me to deliver they still pay me anyway. They have so much money it makes no difference to them.

I had six parcels to deliver the other night!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I took out my Amazon Prime subscription in December a couple of years back as I took advantage of a sale. Having it auto renew in December is a bit of a pain though so with some careful complaining, it now auto renews in March instead. Much better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 
Comfortably Dumb

I saw that the ASA were considering investigating Amazon on their Prime service. I've used their next day delivery service quite a bit in the year I've had Prime and it's generally been spot on. Prior to yesterday, the last thing I'd bought was a pair of shoes which the site said wouldn't be next day, but the following Monday, but at least I knew in advance and in the end they turned up on the Saturday.

I was expecting some toys yesterday that I've ordered as presents for Christmas to arrive yesterday but no sign of them, so I'm guessing they'll come today. I don't really see it as a guaranteed service, but I suppose they should be careful about specifying the date of arrival during the cart process if they can't always stick to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:03 
sneering elitist

We have Prime and I think I've only had one delivery that was promised the next day and didn't turn up when expected and it arrived the next day. During the recent snow they had some issues but I got emails to say they'd be with me ASAP - which was fine, I didn't want anyone to risk their lives to deliver a few non-urgent Christmas presents.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 
Master of dodgy spelling....

Jem wrote:
We have Prime and I think I've only had one delivery that was promised the next day and didn't turn up when expected and it arrived the next day. During the recent snow they had some issues but I got emails to say they'd be with me ASAP - which was fine, I didn't want anyone to risk their lives to deliver a few non-urgent Christmas presents.

Unless it is Myp?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 
UltraMod

I only nearly fell over once.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 
sneering elitist

KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:

Unless it is Myp?

I especially wouldn't want Myp to risk himself delivering my non-urgent Christmas presents. :luv:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 
Gogmagog

Jem wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:

Unless it is Myp?

I especially wouldn't want Myp to risk himself delivering my non-urgent Christmas presents. :luv:

I've been ordering goods of increasing weight to make him fitter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 
UltraMod

MaliA wrote:
Jem wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Jem wrote:

Unless it is Myp?

I've been ordering goods of increasing weight to make him fitter.

It's working!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 14:38 
Sitting balls-back folder

Almost nothing I order on prime is delivered next day anymore.

Royal mail are being bigger dicks than usual - a load of stuff to our area (not just us) was marked as given to the post office because of failed deliveries. It took a couple of days for any of it to actually turn up there.

Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next