Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hollywood Assaults
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 15:04 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Wrestling is rubbish no matter how new or old it is

Incorrect.

See my previous post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 20:58 
Hello Hello Hello

So I am finally getting round to watching Baby Driver, but then without warning A WILD SPACEY APPEARS.

I will try extra hard not to enjoy any of the bits that he's in.

Attachment:
rockspaceytriedtofuckmyhamster.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 21:02 
SavyGamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3tbnWMc-Q

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 
Rude Belittler

Weird, I watched Baby Driver tonight as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 17:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
George Takei

That one's a real shocker after all the work he's done for gay rights and Japanese Americans. Still, 36 years ago. I wonder how much has changed since then.

I find this one hard to believe. George posted dening it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 17:38 
UltraMod

KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
George Takei

That one's a real shocker after all the work he's done for gay rights and Japanese Americans. Still, 36 years ago. I wonder how much has changed since then.

Why do you find it hard to believe?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 18:58 
Bad Girl

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/g ... ex-1057333

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 19:11 
Decapodian

Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
George Takei

Possibly because it seems out of character with what we know about him and how he has behaved?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:17 

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Cras wrote:
George Takei

Possibly because it seems out of character with what we know about him and how he has behaved?

Yes this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:39 
UltraMod

Jesus Christ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:48 
Unpossible!

Out of character? Like Saville? Rolf? Cosby? Character means fuck all to an actor.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 22:13 

Lonewolves wrote:
Jesus Christ

Him too?!

Truly, this is the time for people to just bin their heroes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 22:23 
UltraMod

DavPaz wrote:
Out of character? Like Saville? Rolf? Cosby? Character means fuck all to an actor.

Or any kind of abuser really. To be good at it they have to hide in plain sight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 

This is what George put..

Friends,
I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Brunton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.
The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.
Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.
Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.
Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.
Yours in gratitude,
George

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:46 
Isn't that lovely?

KovacsC wrote:
This is what George put..

Friends,
I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Brunton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.
The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.
Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.
Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.
Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.
Yours in gratitude,
George

As Satsuma says hinted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:02 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:
Jesus Christ

I can see why you react like this but sometimes I think your way of communicating can be as bad as that of those reacting from the other side. Which I think is what Grim... was alluding to earlier, when you were replying to Ruysan.

People not automatically siding with the victim doesn't make them a bad person or an idiot for thinking any other way - you shouldn't be throwing your hands ds in the air - if you want to help people's attitudes change, you need to explain your point of view. People obviously don't get it, it's clearly not apparent to everyone why victim-blaming is a result of the type of social conditioning that gives abusers power and the ability to abuse unfettered for decades.

Without discussion, there'll never be an understanding and there will never be change. Shutting people down with derision won't help anybodies cause. It's a difficult subject to navigate, otherwise it wouldn't be such a divisive issue in bloody 2017.

When people say "I find that hard to believe" I don't automatically believe that means they are saying the accuser or victim is lying. I think alot of people just find it hard to accept that their personal hero or someone they think highly of, could do the things they're being accused of. It's a reaction, based on someone they think they know. There is a difference between disbelief and accusing someone else of lying.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Or Jesus has been accused of sexual assault.

[edit] Oh, we've done that joke, have we? Fuck y'all, than

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:14 

Grim... wrote:
Or Jesus has been accused of sexual assault.

[edit] Oh, we've done that joke, have we? Fuck y'all, than

:D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:42 
UltraMod

flis wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Jesus Christ

I can see why you react like this but sometimes I think your way of communicating can be as bad as that of those reacting from the other side. Which I think is what Grim... was alluding to earlier, when you were replying to Ruysan.

People not automatically siding with the victim doesn't make them a bad person or an idiot for thinking any other way - you shouldn't be throwing your hands ds in the air - if you want to help people's attitudes change, you need to explain your point of view. People obviously don't get it, it's clearly not apparent to everyone why victim-blaming is a result of the type of social conditioning that gives abusers power and the ability to abuse unfettered for decades.

Without discussion, there'll never be an understanding and there will never be change. Shutting people down with derision won't help anybodies cause. It's a difficult subject to navigate, otherwise it wouldn't be such a divisive issue in bloody 2017.

When people say "I find that hard to believe" I don't automatically believe that means they are saying the accuser or victim is lying. I think alot of people just find it hard to accept that their personal hero or someone they think highly of, could do the things they're being accused of. It's a reaction, based on someone they think they know. There is a difference between disbelief and accusing someone else of lying.

My response to RuySan was precise and carefully chosen. The response I got from that showed his hypocrisy when it comes to men "growing balls" or whatever other hyper-masculine comment he made.

Sorry if all my comments aren't as well chosen but sometimes these threads exasperate me. It may well come out that the accuser is lying about Takei. This potentially becomes more likely as time goes on and no one else comes out to accuse him. However people's judgement becomes clouded when it comes to people they like.

Kov's reaction was something I've seen time and time again when it comes to someone they admire. Nothing against him personally, it's just frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:43 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

IIRC Takei is the first of the recent batch of accusations where the accused has flat out said "this is not something that happened", isn't it? I find that interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:49 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
IIRC Takei is the first of the recent batch of accusations where the accused has flat out said "this is not something that happened", isn't it? I find that interesting.

Yes absolutely. But I don't automatically believe him because he's a darling of the left and the gay community.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:53 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Lonewolves wrote:
Cras wrote:

Yes absolutely. But I don't automatically believe him because he's a darling of the left and the gay community.

Okay. I quite like cheese sandwiches.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 16:58 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Cras wrote:

Okay. I quite like cheese sandwiches.

I'm talking about the wider discussion around Takei, not something you've specifically said.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 17:04 
Isn't that lovely?

Cras wrote:

Even in the context of the Howard Stern interview? That seems to describe the situation described in the accusation doesn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 17:05 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Malc wrote:
Cras wrote:

Even in the context of the Howard Stern interview? That seems to describe the situation described in the accusation doesn't it?

Oh, I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, I'm just noting that it's the first flat denial.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 17:07 
Sleepyhead

Cras wrote:
Malc wrote:
Cras wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, I'm just noting that it's the first flat denial.

Pretty sure alleged child molesting Republican darling Roy Moore has denied things.

But then he would.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 17:31 

Lonewolves wrote:
flis wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Jesus Christ

My response to RuySan was precise and carefully chosen. The response I got from that showed his hypocrisy when it comes to men "growing balls" or whatever other hyper-masculine comment he made.

Sorry if all my comments aren't as well chosen but sometimes these threads exasperate me. It may well come out that the accuser is lying about Takei. This potentially becomes more likely as time goes on and no one else comes out to accuse him. However people's judgement becomes clouded when it comes to people they like.

Kov's reaction was something I've seen time and time again when it comes to someone they admire. Nothing against him personally, it's just frustrating.

Not a issue at all Myp.

Just with George been a advocate for consent and other good stuff.. I am surprised and hope it is not true.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 18:03 
Unpossible!

We'll never know if it's true. Unless George fesses up, or a slew of other accusations tip the scales, it'll forever be a he-said she-said

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 19:06 
UltraMod

https://www.themarysue.com/george-takei-denial/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 19:14 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Lonewolves wrote:

That's really interesting, and there's a lot in there that I'd not considered. I'm not sure the suggested alternate response is a lot better though - surely being directly reached out to by your abuser is the absolute last thing many victims would want?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 19:25 

Cras wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

That's really interesting, and there's a lot in there that I'd not considered. I'm not sure the suggested alternate response is a lot better though - surely being directly reached out to by your abuser is the absolute last thing many victims would want?

Also, if you do happen to be innocent then I think a flat-out denial is completely understandable as a response. In fact, reaching out to a victim in private actually looks a little bit like buying silence or similar, perhaps. I don’t think it’s as simple as ‘this is an awful response because of the current climate, and is damaging to all cases’ because his response must critically address his case. I’m not saying that as a fan in this one instance. I’ve literally no idea who this guy is (well, I do now as I asked and someone said Star Wars, but I’ve not seen them or him).

Edit: Star TREK, even.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 19:38 
Decapodian

Mimi wrote:
Also, if you do happen to be innocent then I think a flat-out denial is completely understandable as a response. In fact, reaching out to a victim in private actually looks a little bit like buying silence or similar, perhaps. I don’t think it’s as simple as ‘this is an awful response because of the current climate, and is damaging to all cases’ because his response must critically address his case.

Indeed. If you haven't done "it" then you are entitled to flat out deny that anything of the sort happened, and you have precisely zero obligation to do anything else just because of any incidental effect it may have on unrelated cases/people.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 22:25 
SavyGamer

Funny thinking back on Trek, there was those reports of Gene Roddenberry acting quite badly during production.

Also it was an actor on the current series of Trek that outed Kevin Spacey.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 22:46 
Hello Hello Hello

So can we just blame it on the Klingons and get on with stuff as usual then?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 18:42 
UltraMod

Provocative headline, but I broadly agree with what's written here:

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/ho ... socialflow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 21:46 
UltraMod

Louis CK take note, this is how you apologise:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... man-244978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:39 
SavyGamer

I kept reading waiting for the bit where he resigned from his job in public office, but it never came up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:

Come on, now that we can rank "public apologies for sex arrassement", LCK isn't that bad. After Spacey's "apology" CK's apology looked like The Brothers Karamazov. Yep, i'm still such a fanboy, even though i've been looking for other comedians to listen while i work because it's still too soon to listen to Louie again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Try Mike Birbiglia: https://open.spotify.com/album/4dyqwnLapBXxpQN0rFeu0Z

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 
UltraMod

RuySan wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

Come on, now that we can rank "public apologies for sex arrassement", LCK isn't that bad. After Spacey's "apology" CK's apology looked like The Brothers Karamazov. Yep, i'm still such a fanboy, even though i've been looking for other comedians to listen while i work because it's still too soon to listen to Louie again.

CK didn't actually apologise at all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 
UltraMod

LewieP wrote:
I kept reading waiting for the bit where he resigned from his job in public office, but it never came up.

Same

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 

Grim... wrote:

I know

I'm in the future too

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:34 
Excellent Member

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I know

I'm in the future too

Wow, this guy from Orange is The New Black and Amy Schumer show is a good comedian? Didn't know

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 20:33 
Bad Girl

I’ve said it privately and I’ve said it out loud to people’s cake holes: I’m not satisfied that Rolf Harris is a guilty paedo.

Then I’d read this assessment of the Harris case and I’m thinking there’s a miscarriage of justice in here somewhere. I reckon this piece is a fab write-up and deserves sharing widely. Also, it’s a fascinating look at the road to conviction in our courts that many people won’t have first hand experience of. Have a read, will ya.

http://barristerblogger.com/2017/11/19/ ... n-retrial/

FREE ROLF HARRIS!

FREE ROLF HARRIS!

FREE ROLF HARRIS!

Then do a retrial cause, y’know, just to be on the safe side cause he might molest our kids.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 20:54 
Bad Girl

Actually, he might have been released already. ONLY HE NOES.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 14:33 
Comfortably Dumb

I see that Morrissey has helpfully chipped in with his opinion

Quote:
Morrissey continued to say victims “know exactly what’s going on” and “play along” until they claim rape afterwards when they feel “embarrassed or disliked.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 17:09 
UltraMod

I love the Smiths so every time Morrissey opens his mouth I die a little inside.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 17:58 
Sleepyhead

Lonewolves wrote:
I love the Smiths so every time Morrissey opens his mouth I die a little inside.

He’s an absolutely fucking awful person.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 18:08 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

He’s an absolutely fucking awful person.

Yes. Yes he is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 18:12 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:

Just assume, like in Clint Eastwood's case, that he was abducted by aliens and replaced with an inferior "clone".

Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next